PDA

View Full Version : LMT Is Moving

Ventenberry
05-12-17, 18:38
LMT is finally moving from Milan Illinois to Eldridge Iowa. Here are a couple of video links concerning the move. I'm a big LMT fan and thought others would appreciate the knowledge and videos.

http://wqad.com/2017/04/28/milan-based-weapons-manufacturer-prepares-for-move-to-iowa/

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Milan-plant-making-a-move-to-Eldridge--420769534.html

lowprone
05-12-17, 18:56
Illinois sucks, it's amazing there are any firearms manufacturers left there.
I wish LMT good tidings and a swift problem free move.

Coal Dragger
05-12-17, 19:03
Les Baer ditched Illinois almost 10 years ago. Now for Springfield Armory to move and almost no one will be left.

BufordTJustice
05-12-17, 19:55
Outstanding! Also a huge fan of​ LMT.

I'm glad we're hitting these gun banning states in their pocket books.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

ScottsBad
05-12-17, 20:23
Good for them. They make very good stuff. Surprised they didn't move to Florida or Texas however.

SiGfever
05-12-17, 20:24
Good on them, it is time we sent a message that we will not support anti-gun states. I bet the taxes are lower too.

Ryno12
05-12-17, 20:53
Good for them. They make very good stuff. Surprised they didn't move to Florida or Texas however.

Why? They're moving about 20 miles. What's in TX or FL that would warrant a move that much further away.

26 Inf
05-12-17, 21:47

I think most folks who build a business from the ground up are like this:

There were a lot of enticements from different states to move to different states with, quite frankly, nicer climates, no snow to shovel, so that was attractive. But in the end, our business is really about the people that we have here," said Lewis.

TAZ
05-12-17, 21:53
Why? They're moving about 20 miles. What's in TX or FL that would warrant a move that much further away.

Seems like a decent compromise for a relative small business. They can keep their employees as it's a short enough move. Most will likely simply adjust their commutes instead of having to uproot their entire family for a job. Would have loved having them in TX, but it seems like LMT did a good job of balancing politics, impact on operations and employee needs.

Coal Dragger
05-12-17, 22:05
Doing the right thing for the employees is not only a big bonus to me personally, because far too many businesses treat employees like garbage, but will also be good for the product. If they relocated to Texas or some other state further away they'd lose a bunch of their current staff. That is a lot of skill, knowledge, and experience walking out the door in that instance.

ST911
05-13-17, 14:09
This thread is about the LMT move.

Well done to Karl Lewis for a classy media appearance, and taking care of his people. Best wishes to them in their move and future.

Averageman
05-13-17, 14:37
It's a smart move.
As Taz said, it's another half hour in the car everyday, but a world away from the political climate of Illinois. They will very likely get a tax break rather than being in tax broke Illinois.
The sad thing is that most of Illinois and it's people are great folks, Chicago just sucks the life out of the rest of the State.

KalashniKEV
05-13-17, 14:54
Why? They're moving about 20 miles.

But in the end, our business is really about the people that we have here," said Lewis.

Hopefully they left this guy 20 miles down the road:
(No... KK is not KalashniKEV ;) )

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/Kalashnikev/For%20Sale/20161122_194137_zpspv7hcdj5.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/Kalashnikev/media/For%20Sale/20161122_194137_zpspv7hcdj5.jpg.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKnRpzuO9A&feature=youtu.be

Bulletdog
05-13-17, 15:05
My first lower was a LMT. That's where I fell in love with the SOPMOD stocks and Ergo grips. It was/is a fantastic piece of equipment. It has worked flawlessly for thousands of rounds.

Congrats to them on their move to a free state. Wish I could hop a border 20 miles away and still retain all the benefits of my area. Good for them.

tylerw02
05-13-17, 15:10
Nah the whole state is toxic. There are good people, but even the "good" people have messed up political ideals. They'll talk about it being unfair to hunt with a rifle rather than shotguns. They are rather quick to make excuses for their political climate and are quick to take handouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campbell
05-13-17, 17:19
I wish them luck and a higher profit margin. I have always appreciated their lack of "fluff".

Chameleox
05-13-17, 18:12
Good on them. The added commute doesn't look too bad; it's literally on the far side of Davenport, IA.
Interesting that so many firearm manufacturers call the Quad Cities area home.

And yes, if you get away from the bigger cities (esp. Chicago, Rockford, and U of I campuses) the politics shift dramatically.

tylerw02
05-13-17, 18:51
Good on them. The added commute doesn't look too bad; it's literally on the far side of Davenport, IA.
Interesting that so many firearm manufacturers call the Quad Cities area home.

And yes, if you get away from the bigger cities (esp. Chicago, Rockford, and U of I campuses) the politics shift dramatically.

But they still elect goddamn democRATS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SomeOtherGuy
05-13-17, 20:51
Good for them! I've been happy with LMT products and this greatly increases the chance I'll buy more in the future - in part because it greatly increases their chances of still being in business, given Illinois's extreme hostility.

usmcvet
05-14-17, 10:55
I've been very happy with all of my LMT products. Awesome gear and fair prices.

Moose-Knuckle
05-15-17, 04:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKnRpzuO9A&feature=youtu.be

WTF!? :eek:

I lol'ed when I heard U2's Lemon, well played.

KalashniKEV
05-15-17, 08:43
WTF!? :eek:

I lol'ed when I heard U2's Lemon, well played.

She's gonna make you cryyyyyyyyy...

Maybe they'll find some documentation of that cluster**** during the move and refund me my return shipping... which would only offset the loss I took on the rifle.

Probably not though.

eightmillimeter
05-16-17, 00:45
Icing on the cake. Iowa just passed the most comprehensive pro-gun reform package in a single bill that I have ever heard of: SYG and liability protection, permit privacy, streamlined permit process, SBR and SBS legalized, youth shooting protections, and much more.

I have to wait until 7/1 to start an SBR but one of my first will be an LMT with an Iowa rollmark.

Jewell
05-16-17, 01:14
Icing on the cake. Iowa just passed the most comprehensive pro-gun reform package in a single bill that I have ever heard of: SYG and liability protection, permit privacy, streamlined permit process, SBR and SBS legalized, youth shooting protections, and much more.

I have to wait until 7/1 to start an SBR but one of my first will be an LMT with an Iowa rollmark.

Hell yes! July 1st can't get here soon enough.

Locutus
05-16-17, 19:46

Congrats! It's a shame that your neighbors to the east are so intent on increasing crime and decreasing liberty.

Moose-Knuckle
05-17-17, 02:12

That will be pretty kick ass.

Feline
10-09-17, 10:05
Any updates on LMT's move to IA? Any IA-marked lowers in the wild? I can't wait to see one. Oh, and F IL.

yellowfin
10-09-17, 16:47
Maybe they'll make a special edition .308 or 6.5 and call it the Hawkeye?

Firefly
10-09-17, 17:25
Hey.....man, some good stuff comes from Illinois like the Blues Brothers and Jami Gertz.

Still, good for them.

PatrioticDisorder
10-10-17, 06:17

Congrats, that sounds like an outstanding piece of legislation. I'm glad to see another state expanding freedom. Good on LMT, we would have loved to have them in FL, but they made the right move and Besides we already have KAC.