PDA

View Full Version : Foulton Armory FAR-15 Legacy Vietnam model

Church of Dirt
09-28-08, 21:36
very intersted in the foulton armory far-15 legacy vietnam model.ive seen pictures of it, but foulton's web site dont even list it!i think they go for $850.wondered if anybodys got one and with some pictures.those slick sides look so good!but do the foultons hold up?

sonrider657
09-29-08, 19:11
I have only heard good things about Fulton Armory. I am strongly considering Fulton for my next rifle.

If you can buy one for $850, get it!

MMcfpd
09-29-08, 20:17
I believe I've read that Fulton Armory has stopped offering that configuration, but it's easy enough to put one together. When I decided I wanted an iron sights 20" rifle, I looked to CMMG for a lightweight barrel. Purely on a whim, I ordered it with triangular handguards and a three prong flash hider when I noticed those options from CMMG. The slickside upper (the 604 model) came from Fulton, and NoDak Spud will have them soon. Used ones show up often. The partial fence lower is a NoDak Spud XM16E1. I got my grip and stock from Moore Militaria, but there are several sources. Other stuff, like the small rectangle port door, flat delta ring and dimpled safety selector came from various ads around the 'net.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/604_done.jpg

As I really started out just wanting to build a 20" AR I incorporated some upgrades to modernity with a Bravo Co. BCG, LMT two stage trigger and 1:7 twist rifling. It took about two months to put it all together, and it is easily one of my favorites.

Heh, never really expected to be posting a retro to this board.

ST911
09-29-08, 22:57
I've had a few of the Fulton Armory Hornet and Legacy. A couple have been loaners and accrued round counts between 5k-10k. They don't get shot much anymore. One Hornet was a duty gun for awhile and went to some classes. It's done well.

Last I knew, Fulton used primarily DPMS components. Clint's QC and attention to detail, coupled with the rifle length gas system, mitigates some of the issues you'd otherwise expect. Still bears noting, however.

Church of Dirt
09-30-08, 09:49
that slick side is bad ass! just have to have one!

Ernst
03-26-16, 20:18
I've got a real hankering to have as close to the original AR design as possible and I must say this Fulton Army rifle has caught my eye: http://www.fulton-armory.com/fariflecal556mmupruniversalprecisionrifle-3-2-2-7-2.aspx

Been poking around trying to find some reviews/feedback on it but am not finding much on the site. I have read some things about the quality of the bolts not being up to snuff, since they are DPMS. I'd drop a spare Daniel Defense bolt in it I have on hand.

Any word on whether these are good to go?

sig1473
03-27-16, 05:00
I have read some things about the quality of the bolts not being up to snuff, since they are DPMS. I'd drop a spare Daniel Defense bolt in it I have on hand.

Any word on whether these are good to go?

Just from reading the description, I would ascertain that the bolts are not DPMS. I've never seen a DPMS bolt marked HPT/MPI. They look very similar to the 4x ToolCraft bolts I have.

Ernst
03-27-16, 07:30
So, has anyone purchased one of these recently? And is so, what are your impressions about the build quality, etc.?