PDA

View Full Version : Primary & Secondary Modcast

TexHill
05-18-17, 22:16
So, I recently discovered the Primary & Secondary Modcast, and I was curious to see who else here on the forum listens to or watches their podcast? If you do follow them, what is your opinion of the "show" and the quality of their information?

MountainRaven
05-18-17, 22:29
I've watched bits and pieces of them and the guys they have seem to be solid guys, generally with relevant experience, and sharing good information.

mkmckinley
05-18-17, 23:19
Generally good info and I believe the hosts know their shit. The one I listened to had Dr. Gary Roberts on to discuss wound ballistics. Every time the Dr. would try to talk technical one of the hosts (can't remember their names), would interrupt him and start talking about "the pumphouse". It was kind of like, no shit, we know what a heart does, let the dude talk. But that's just me complaining. It's a good show with good info.

C-grunt
05-19-17, 05:08
Im on their Facebook page and lots of good info there. I dont watch many of the modcasts because they are so long.

TexHill
05-19-17, 06:55
Im on their Facebook page and lots of good info there. I dont watch many of the modcasts because they are so long.

Yes they are. They also post them in audio only as a podcast and I listen to them while driving to pick up my kids from my ex.

bad aim
05-19-17, 08:53
P&S runs a tight ship-- which is a good thing if you're looking for solid information. What I like is that when folks make suggestions, you need to elaborate why you made the suggestion. So just responding with "Colt" to someone's question of "What AR should I buy" wouldn't fly.

Also, lots of folks involved with the industry are also active there, so it's a good way to get info and feedback from them as well.

ggammell
05-19-17, 10:48
I have literally watched or listened to every one. YouTube has every mod set. iTunes only so many so if you're looking for historical episodes so to speak hit thier YouTube channel. Best thing to do with the YouTube is to just listen while you do something else. Unless you literally want to watch people talk.

Talon167
05-19-17, 18:08
I've been in some classes with some of those guys with Steve Fisher. I don't listen to the podcasts as they're too long. Sometimes I'll pick random spots and listen for 5-10 minutes and it seems like pretty good stuff.