PDA

View Full Version : Charges on Assange dropped

WillBrink
05-19-17, 07:19
Will he leave the embassy now?

Julian Assange: Sweden drops investigation against Wikileaks founder based in Ecuador's London embassy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/julian-assange-sweden-drop-charges-wikileaks-ecuador-embassy-london-sexaul-assault-rape-us-a7744181.html

Digital_Damage
05-19-17, 07:30
Will he leave the embassy now?

Julian Assange: Sweden drops investigation against Wikileaks founder based in Ecuador's London embassy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/julian-assange-sweden-drop-charges-wikileaks-ecuador-embassy-london-sexaul-assault-rape-us-a7744181.html

nope, he still has standing warrants from UK and US.

WillBrink
05-19-17, 07:37
nope, he still has standing warrants from UK and US.

For the same crime or Wiki L related?

Big A
05-19-17, 09:04
For the same crime or Wiki L related?

He was wanted in Sweden for allegations of rape. He's wanted in the U.K. for jumping bail, and He's wanted by the U.S. for leaking classified info.

usmcvet
05-19-17, 09:34
He had irritated too many people. He is at least consistent with the information he leaks and has pissed eveyone off. I have mixed feelings about him but I've Changed my tune a little. I don't like the classified leaks but the other stuff doesn't bother me. There is. I denying how powerful and influential he is.

Co-gnARR
05-19-17, 09:56
He was wanted in Sweden for allegations of rape. He's wanted in the U.K. for jumping bail, and He's wanted by the U.S. for leaking classified info.

IIRC the rape allegations surfaced after the US/UK warrants were issued, and to many the allegations seemed a bit contrived. Sweden was seen as caving to US/UK pressure to force an extridition to Sweden for trial, at which point he could be picked up by US/UK for 'questioning' re: Wikileaks.

Digital_Damage
05-19-17, 10:41
IIRC the rape allegations surfaced after the US/UK warrants were issued, and to many the allegations seemed a bit contrived. Sweden was seen as caving to US/UK pressure to force an extridition to Sweden for trial, at which point he could be picked up by US/UK for 'questioning' re: Wikileaks.

Err no...

UK warrant is because of the Rape bail jump.

US warrant was just filed recently.

titsonritz
05-19-17, 12:34
It's a trap. :secret:

usmcvet
05-19-17, 14:18
Err no...

UK warrant is because of the Rape bail jump.

US warrant was just filed recently.

If that's the case the UK warrant should go away right? I suppose they do still have a claim he jumped bail.

Digital_Damage
05-19-17, 14:24
If that's the case the UK warrant should go away right? I suppose they do still have a claim he jumped bail.

That they do, just like here. Even if proven innocent a bail jump is still an offense.