PDA

View Full Version : Man, this gave me the chills...thank you LEO's!!

Artos
05-19-17, 09:53
For those of you that 'do what you do'...many thanks. I hope I never have to draw in self defense & is some scary shit right here. Coming back around to the drivers side was a bad scene.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colorado-police-bodycam-shows-officer-122303211.html

officerX
05-19-17, 10:29
A fraction of a second is all you have to make a decision that will be Monday-morning-quarterbacked by haters for years to come. I doubt this officer will face any type of trial or prosecution but if the perp had had something else in his hands possibly so. The officer definitely made the right decision.

T2C
05-19-17, 10:45
You never know what you will run into on patrol. That was quick reaction on the part of the Deputy. Thank goodness there was not another person wishing to do him harm in the vehicle.

Jellybean
05-19-17, 11:00
Investigators say his "AR-15 type" rifle was unloaded; he faces charges of first-degree assault, with police still investigating why he tried to attack the officer.

So that explains why he just threw it at him and then tried to run away.... :laugh:

Officer made a hell of a first shot hit after being knocked down though.

But yeah, I was expecting a lot different video, based on the thumbnail for it.

RetroRevolver77
05-19-17, 12:22
It wasn't just unloaded, it had a cable lock going through the magwell. Either way the person is stupid so hopefully he dies from his injuries anyway.

jpmuscle
05-19-17, 12:57
I saw this earlier on IG. People were still pissed because the rifle was "unloaded" and if the perp had been black the LEO would have kept shooting blah blah blah. People suck.

Biggest take away? Traffic stops can go sideways soooo fast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sevenhelmet
05-19-17, 13:25
How about the people driving right past them? If I see an officer with his gun drawn, I'm not going past the plane of his muzzle if I can avoid it... there's probably a bad guy in that direction. I'm armchair quarterbacking THEIR decision.

kerplode
05-19-17, 13:50
How about the people driving right past them?.
They were all too busy fingerf***ing their phones to notice what was going on...

Crazy video, though. Kinda looked like the dude was going to club the officer with the rifle or something. I'm sure he'll be out and back to "getting his life together and going to church" in no time.