PDA

View Full Version : "Action" pic of Tavor TAR-C21

TOrrock
10-20-06, 23:17
Looks like it's actually out in the field now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/IDF/ispal.jpg

Alpha Sierra
10-21-06, 08:49
Is that a guy posing as a woman in a burka (or whatever they call that body sack)?

Probably a terrorist trying to slip by. Good catch for the IDF.

Glockster35
01-07-07, 21:40
I just saw the Tavor on Future Weapons on the Military Channel. The show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPYKNAo47Y)

It looks very impressive. The host of the show seemed to be very impressed with it, and shot it very well.

Any idea if these will be importable to the USA?

TOrrock
01-07-07, 21:44
I just saw the Tavor on Future Weapons on the Military Channel. The show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPYKNAo47Y)

It looks very impressive. The host of the show seemed to be very impressed with it, and shot it very well.

Any idea if these will be importable to the USA?

Nope, the 1989 Bush Sr. Import Ban, which was an Executive Order, is still in effect.

There was some talk of Barrett tooling up to make enough components for these here in the USA to qualify as an American rifle, and therefore legal, but I don't think they got very far with that.

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 23:12
What was with Baldy making headshots at 300m from a standing position?

They said they'd test it's accuracy as a sniper rifle out to it's maximum intended range... It's maximum intended range is only 300m?

They kept talking about the MARS sight but all of the rifles inside the warehouse were wearing Trijicon Reflex sights.

The one they showed outside even had a mini ACOG behind the MARS. How odd was that and what would the point of that be?

Glockster35
01-08-07, 03:02
Yeah, I think they hiped it up a bit for the civilian types, hoping they wouldn't get caught on the 300m thing.

The mini ACOG appeared to be offset on the left to me. And I don't think that was a Trijicon Reflez, but it was somethign of the same design/idea.

LOKNLOD
01-08-07, 08:22
Yeah, I think they hiped it up a bit for the civilian types, hoping they wouldn't get caught on the 300m thing.

The mini ACOG appeared to be offset on the left to me. And I don't think that was a Trijicon Reflez, but it was somethign of the same design/idea.

That show does seem to go a bit overdramatic to hype things a bit. Maybe that optic was one of the Meprolight units? They look a lot like a Reflex.

SuicideHz
01-08-07, 18:43
Yeah, sorry, Meprolight M-21:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/mepro/Reflex-m-21i.jpg

ETA: But, it's lens was coated differently and looked red like an Aimpoint's.

olds442tyguy
01-08-07, 21:54
There was some talk of Barrett tooling up to make enough components for these here in the USA to qualify as an American rifle, and therefore legal, but I don't think they got very far with that.
Rumor has it alot of companies have spoken with them about it, but IMI (or what ever they call themselves now) wants an insanely outrageous price for the production rights.

Keep in mind bullpups aren't open to the same regulations as most other rifles. I don't know how, but even the FN PS90 and FS2000 are built using imported receivers and a large number of imported parts.

SuicideHz
01-08-07, 22:34
Well DUH!!! :p They don't have separate pistol grips and therefore don't meet the definition of a semi auto assault rifle- especially in the case of the PS90. It only has a few well placed holes. Even though the ban is over, Assault Rifle is still a class of rifle....

TOrrock
01-08-07, 22:48
A while back ATF came out and declared that thumbhole stocks like those on the Romanian and Bulgarian post ban imported AK's now constituted a pistol grip......which is why the thumbhole stocked post ban imports with standard magazine wells were stopped from importation.

There's something going on....the FS-2000 uses M16 magazines and if you use USGI mags, that's three US parts right there, so they probably only need a US op rod, piston, trigger pack, etc. to be legal.

K.L. Davis
01-09-07, 00:45
I guess I missed the show... I was most likely doing FoF cards with the dog.

But... they have a magnifier that sits behind the reflex sight, might that be what you saw? I think it is 3X or 4X and does look kinda like an ACOG.

SuicideHz
01-09-07, 20:18
ah. I thought the thumbholes on the HKs like the SL8 and USC helped too...

TOrrock
01-09-07, 20:28
ah. I thought the thumbholes on the HKs like the SL8 and USC helped too...

Yup, but those weapons were imported with single stack magazines, not capable of taking military magazines.

deadwood83
01-09-07, 21:49
oh but what about a decent trigger? I've heard that with a bullpup it's difficult to get a decent trigger. Interesting rifle but kinda ugly in a way. My legacy addiction doesn't like it.:p

CarlosDJackal
06-22-07, 17:56
I also seem to remember from the show that the Tavor's red dot would turn on only once the safety lever was switched from SAFE to FIRE. I'm not sure I like that type of added complexity.

I think someone in these United States could create a bullpup rifle that would be a lot more affordable than the Tavor. Personally, I'd try the $2k FS2000 before I would a $3k Tavor. JM2CW.

Lumpy196
06-22-07, 19:15
Is it bad that Id rather have the other guys Commando? :D

adh
06-23-07, 11:44

Not bad.......I thought the exact same thing

TOrrock
06-23-07, 13:30

Does that pic fall under the
"The Israeli guys say it's time for you to leave"

:D

Lumpy196
06-23-07, 22:32
Nope, cuz you have to HUNT for the Tavors that were field tested among all the M16 varients :p