PDA

View Full Version : New S&W M&P Rebate!

C4IGrant
09-29-08, 12:45
They are running another one!

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/SW_HH08_LRes_HalfPage_Pistol_Color.pdf

C4

John_Wayne777
09-29-08, 13:44
So now all we have to do is get Todd to push the special edition M&P's through during the rebate period....

Sam
09-29-08, 14:33
I'm still waiting for my magazines from the last rebate :(

maximus83
09-29-08, 15:51
On this rebate, I think you have to choose the mags OR the cash. Personally I'd be inclined to take the cash, knowing that I got my cash rebates WAY before I got my mags, on both of the M&P's I bought.

BigDog
09-29-08, 16:00
That figures; I just bought my .45 M&P this past Saturday... :mad:

coltm4223
09-29-08, 17:44
(complaint about Smith & Wesson customer service merged into duplicate post in this thread: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19684)

RogerinTPA
09-29-08, 19:17
That figures; I just bought my .45 M&P this past Saturday... :mad:

As long as you fill out the form and hopefully its within the effective date, you should be eligible for the rebate.

Sam
09-29-08, 19:35
Well I spoke too soon. When I got home there was a small padded envelope which contained 2 M&P magazines. I'm a happy camper.

TheLefty
09-29-08, 19:38
As long as you fill out the form and hopefully its within the effective date, you should be eligible for the rebate.

The rebate starts Oct 1st. That SHOULD exclude him, unfortunately. I almost got screwed too, since a vendor at this past weekend's gun show was selling M&Ps for $439 (that was including the rebate, which technically hasn't started yet). I almost bought one, but I know the misinformation that gets spread from gun shows. Glad I waited, I got home and saw that the rebate hadn't started yet, and you have to have proof of purchase dated on or after Oct 1.

It's good through December, so I'll wait till the next show. ;)

DarrinD
09-30-08, 15:59
Just sold my Glocks and picked up my first M&P last weekend. DOH!

b_saan
09-30-08, 18:08

Yep they're slow, I just got mine last week from the rebate I sent in at the end of June... lol.

Good to see you got yours, they are still mucho slow but at least they do follow through.

Aray
09-30-08, 19:02
Yet another reason to hang at this site, thanks Grant.

dialM4murder
09-30-08, 19:08
Considering the MP mags are still sky high, the 2 mag offer is actually a better value. They're still at least $30 everywhere Ive looked.

andre3k
09-30-08, 19:47
Does this apply to LE pricing on M&P's? Budsgunshop has them for $399 now.

LonghunterCO
09-30-08, 22:16
Aginst my better judgment I shot a friends M&P9 after our local plate match had ended. I smoked the plate rack with a better time than I did with my old HighPower...this rebate is really going to make it hard not to call Grant.:eek:

RustyFalcon
10-01-08, 16:44
My three M&Ps are LE SKU and all were eligible for the rebates. You fill out a form and mail it to S&W with copy of your receipt after you buy the pistol. S&W mails you your choice of check or magazines.

C4IGrant
10-01-08, 16:45

Yes it does. We also match Buds LE pricing. ;)

C4

UNIT 6639
10-02-08, 07:00

So is a friend of mine :confused:

dialM4murder
10-02-08, 13:26
I thought there was a supposed price drop Smith was gonna do on the mags. :confused:

C4IGrant
10-02-08, 13:49
I thought there was a supposed price drop Smith was gonna do on the mags. :confused:

There was. To my knowledge though, I am just about the only dealer that has lowered my mag prices.

C4

andre3k
10-02-08, 14:29
Yes it does. We also match Buds LE pricing. ;)

C4

sounds good to me, cant beat that!

dp509
10-03-08, 04:29
Does anyone know if there will be any rebates on any of their ar-15 rifles or other guns than the M & P or Sigma?

Do not laugh at the Sigma it is the duty weapon for some of our local police in the smaller cities. They have to buy their own. :eek:

C4IGrant
10-03-08, 08:33
Does anyone know if there will be any rebates on any of their ar-15 rifles or other guns than the M & P or Sigma?

Do not laugh at the Sigma it is the duty weapon for some of our local police in the smaller cities. They have to buy their own. :eek:

Same rebate for the SIGMA.

The SIGMA is good for only two things. A "drop gun" and a door stop.

C4

HK45
10-04-08, 21:29
I have zero personal experience with Sigmas but I have heard they have been greatly improved from the original version.

My last set of M&P rebate mags just showed up and came in quicker than any in the past. Took about 1.5 months.

DarrinD
10-04-08, 22:21
Same rebate for the SIGMA.
The SIGMA is good for only two things. A "drop gun" and a door stop.
C4

In my experience, the M&P is without a doubt the first world class auto loading pistol S&W has ever produced and sold. It is why I sold three Glocks to transition to it. The Sigma was not only a poor piece of metal junk, it was such a bad copy of Gaston's design that S&W lost the patent infringement case big time. At least they got creative and reliable and accurate and ergonomic et al with the M&P.

? Oh yeah, I literally bought a compact a week before October 1st. Anyone know any way I could finese my way into the rebate? I need the mags and can't find the 12 round compact mags with finger extension. DOH!

varoadking
10-05-08, 12:18
In my experience, the M&P is without a doubt the first world class auto loading pistol S&W has ever produced and sold.

You may want to spend a bit more time studying the history of Smith & Wesson autoloaders...

HK45
10-05-08, 12:35
As well as the changes made to the Sigma which have been extensive. Not a pistol I want or need to own as it is designed for very low cost.

DarrinD
10-05-08, 13:58
You may want to spend a bit more time studying the history of Smith & Wesson autoloaders...

Since it's a bit off topic and I'm a proud member of the S&W family, I'll simply say that I have spent as much time as most people I know studying and firing S&W handguns and autoloaders. The revolvers have almost always been world class and I have owned them for hunting, carry, and beatuy pagenants.

However, in my opinion, the autoloaders have always fit in the second tier of pistols when compared to the Glocks, SIGs, HK's, XDs and a few others. As mentioned above, the SIGMA is a case study in how "old" S&W approached autoloader R&D, production, marketing, and getting sued for patent violations.

As far as Smith's 1911 pistols go, I can't think of one model that can hold a match to a dozen different others, from relatively low cost Kimbers to highly customized Les Baers. Just my opinion; I'm fully on board now with the M&P and that is all that matters for me . . . it has been a long wait. If Smith autoloaders work for your needs then good for you, because I love the company in general and hope it starts sucking up some of Gaston's market share.

I still want my rebate even though I bought a compact several days before 10/1/08 . . . . help, anyone . . . anyone?

C4IGrant
10-05-08, 14:34
I have zero personal experience with Sigmas but I have heard they have been greatly improved from the original version.

My last set of M&P rebate mags just showed up and came in quicker than any in the past. Took about 1.5 months.

The SIGMA had no where to go, but up (if it did at all). When you got to a S&W Armorers class, they will tell you that the best part of the weapon is the breakdown tool that comes with it. ;)

C4

HK45
10-05-08, 18:49
Smith makes excellent 1911's. They also support them better than most. Far better than Kimber thats for sure. The Performance center 1911's easily match up with their equivalently priced competitors.

The only thing I can suggest for your rebate is that you go ahead and send it the rebate form your receipt and see what happens.

As far as Smith's 1911 pistols go, I can't think of one model that can hold a match to a dozen different others, from relatively low cost Kimbers to highly customized Les Baers.
I still want my rebate even though I bought a compact several days before 10/1/08 . . . . help, anyone . . . anyone?

DarrinD
10-05-08, 19:07
The only thing I can suggest for your rebate is that you go ahead and send it the rebate form your receipt and see what happens.

Okay, that's one technique that can work and I had totally forgotten about it. Thanks much,
Darrin

docsprague
10-05-08, 21:24
More encouragement to get a 642-1. Anyone venders the board sell them?

DarrinD
10-06-08, 03:06
There was. To my knowledge though, I am just about the only dealer that has lowered my mag prices.
C4

And I just got done ordering two from G&R at a much reduced price: only $25 for the much sought after 9mm compact 12 round mags with the finger extensions. I've been looking to even find them for sale at about $41, and I'm glad they weren't available. Grant comes through again, and even on a little sale such as this it will guarantee more sales for a long time to come. Me and my boys are very big on customer loyalty, and that speaks large for a dealer that could have charged about double what he is charging now. Thanks Grant. See you again, hopefully soon for a rear BUIS, an EOTECH riser (any suggestions?) and a bunch of other stuff the M4 nerds say I need (and I do).

Darrin

C4IGrant
10-06-08, 08:52
More encouragement to get a 642-1. Anyone venders the board sell them?

We will be stocking the 642 without internal lock.

C4

C4IGrant
10-06-08, 08:52
And I just got done ordering two from G&R at a much reduced price: only $25 for the much sought after 9mm compact 12 round mags with the finger extensions. I've been looking to even find them for sale at about $41, and I'm glad they weren't available. Grant comes through again, and even on a little sale such as this it will guarantee more sales for a long time to come. Me and my boys are very big on customer loyalty, and that speaks large for a dealer that could have charged about double what he is charging now. Thanks Grant. See you again, hopefully soon for a rear BUIS, an EOTECH riser (any suggestions?) and a bunch of other stuff the M4 nerds say I need (and I do).

Darrin

Thank you for the feedback.

C4