PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Remanufactured Ammunition

AR-556
05-23-17, 19:31
I have a (1) time FREE SHIPPING code for some Freedom Ammunition. I was wanting to know if the reman. ammo is worth buying/using? I will be buying ammo in .40 S&W and .223/5.56. In .40 S&W I want ammo for target practice and personal defense. In .223/5.56 I want ammo just for paper punching.
Any suggestions on which ammo to buy is greatly appreciated.

officerX
05-23-17, 19:50
I have a (1) time FREE SHIPPING code for some Freedom Ammunition. I was wanting to know if the reman. ammo is worth buying/using? I will be buying ammo in .40 S&W and .223/5.56. In .40 S&W I want ammo for target practice and personal defense. In .223/5.56 I want ammo just for paper punching.
Any suggestions on which ammo to buy is greatly appreciated.

Other than SD ammo, Freedom reman is all I buy. You get 1 round every now and then that's been boogered but it's been about 99% good for me.

AR-556
05-23-17, 20:05
Other than SD ammo, Freedom reman is all I buy. You get 1 round every now and then that's been boogered but it's been about 99% good for me.

Would you suggest the REMAN. over NEW?

officerX
05-23-17, 20:24
Would you suggest the REMAN. over NEW?

For plinking the reman is perfect.

TexHill
05-23-17, 20:29
If you do some searching you'll find that this company's QC on their reman ammo can be sketchy at times. It also tends to run hot.

Frailer
05-23-17, 21:06
If you do some searching you'll find that this company's QC on their reman ammo can be sketchy at times. It also tends to run hot.

My only experience is with their reman 9mm FMJ. Out of a single case I had two rounds that were near-squibs. The bullets left the barrel (barely) but didn't cycle the slide.

Perhaps I just got a bad lot (this was a few years ago, when everyone was cranking out as much ammo as their machines would produce), but it was enough to make me swear off the stuff.

ride57
06-03-17, 03:34
I get the HUSH 9mm (new) I use in my Glock 19 w/suppressor. No issues with it. I bought one of those $20 sound meters and need to see how much the suppressor quiets it (I got it and tested my Ducati, the clutch is louder than the exhaust without baffles at idle :) )
I recently got some of the General Dynamics made 62 grain, but I have not made it to the range to shoot/chrony it.

dusterdude
06-03-17, 06:32
I have some of their 300 bo,shoots real good

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

OrlandoJones
06-03-17, 06:37

I was into Freedom for a while but just had more problems with it than anything else I've ever used, so I gave up on them.

BuzzinSATX
06-03-17, 08:12
I was into Freedom for a while but just had more problems with it than anything else I've ever used, so I gave up on them.

Pretty much my story. I still have several thousand rounds that I'll eventually shoot up, but I find it underpowered and caused occasional BTF issues in my Glock's that are otherwise basically flawless with other ammo.

turnburglar
06-03-17, 19:13
I've shot 1-2k rounds of freedom in 556 and 9mm and have been really happy with the price vs performance.

bighawk
06-03-17, 20:46
I've shot a bunch of their 223 62gr reman and 115gr 9mm reman and 40 reman stuff and had great luck with the 223 but the last of the 9mm and 40 reman I got had quite a few underpowered loads that caused malfunctions.

Stopped shooting their pistol ammo but their rifle ammo has been great.

czgunner
06-04-17, 00:57
You guys that stopped using freedom, what are you using now instead?

bfk4lyfe
06-04-17, 10:03
You guys that stopped using freedom, what are you using now instead?

I use AE 9mm, altho I must say the Freedom is 100x cleaner than the AE.

Colnago
06-05-17, 14:48
Some of this seems to be the luck of the batch. I had an ok experience with Freedom but have moved away from it as one of the indoor ranges where I shoot specifically prohibits any Freedom ammo due to some over charging problems they had with it. If you buy in bulk from place like SG ammo, you can get quality new ammo for only a cent or two more a round than their remanufactured ammo. I do not have any issues with the new ammo.