PDA

View Full Version : Streamlight Rail Mount HL-X 1,000 Lumen Weapon Light Review

Mrgunsngear
05-24-17, 22:50
http://i.imgur.com/ww87MKZl.jpg

This is the latest, at least that I know of, from Streamlight's Rail Mount series and I've had mine in for a couple months now... my thoughts:

Pros:
-Cost. Comes in at around ~$115 shipped street price
-0 flickering issues or anything like that
-Can be programmed to 3 different mode functions (I suppose this could be a con as well)
-fits on any Surefire Scout mount that I know of
-has helicoils in the mount which are going to increase durability over just standard threading
-1,000 lumen / 27,600 candela output
-comes with a tape switch / tape switch mount
-beam pattern has a lot of throw (could also be a con for some) as shown in the video

Cons:
-made in China
-somewhat heavy vs. some competitive options at 6.4oz

Full review with beam comparisons and other ramblings I add in:

http://youtu.be/ycZEJAFWRU8

hdrolling
05-25-17, 06:57
Great review as always, I prefer a smaller footprint.

Big A
05-25-17, 17:57
I have a suggestion for your WML review videos. Since you go out to the range with the lights, perhaps you could set up targets at various distances from 10 to 100 yards(or meters) to give us the viewer a better idea of the throw and spill in a wide open space at night.

Other than that one criticism of mine you made another great video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mrgunsngear
05-29-17, 16:39
I have a suggestion for your WML review videos. Since you go out to the range with the lights, perhaps you could set up targets at various distances from 10 to 100 yards(or meters) to give us the viewer a better idea of the throw and spill in a wide open space at night.

Other than that one criticism of mine you made another great video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've done that before but it's just a time issue; much easier to walk in the backyard than to spend hours loading the truck, driving to the range, setting up targets, setting up cameras, microphones, etc....

Omega9
05-29-17, 23:38
Thanks. I've done that before but it's just a time issue; much easier to walk in the backyard than to spend hours loading the truck, driving to the range, setting up targets, setting up cameras, microphones, etc....

Dude, don't tell us you got rid of the mustang! In all seriousness, good video as always.

SRT72
07-09-17, 21:19
Good review. Just got one the other day. Very happy with it. Use a Haley SBR Mount.

Mrgunsngear
07-09-17, 21:32
Good review. Just got one the other day. Very happy with it. Use a Haley SBR Mount.

That's an excellent mount. I need to do a review of it one of these days....

LMT/556
01-02-18, 15:28
The light is flippin" huge but can be mounted snug on a BCM KMR with an inline vltor mount.

JasonDTM
03-15-18, 19:59
Light is indeed big, I have mine in an Arisaka offset scout mount right next to a DD Fixed front on a KMR :)

-- Sorry about the necro