PDA

View Full Version : Unsat CS from S&W

coltm4223
09-29-08, 17:47
My brother just bought one Friday, so he called today to see if there was any way he could jump on this deal. My brother was cool as hell and just asked if there was anyway he could and the customer service rep was rude as hell! Not because he wouldn't help him, my brother didn't expect him to since he bought the gun before the effective date, but because of the way he treated him. He actually told him "Its only two mags or fifty bucks get over it and go buy yourself some mags." I felt bad for telling him to buy the gun. I've had nothing but excellent C.S. from Glock( They completely refurbished my G30 even after I had a grip reduction at no cost). But this guy was an a--hole. He has a thirty day return policy on the gun and is thinking about returning it for another Glock. One thing for sure he will never buy another S&W product after being treated like that. I was ashamed after praising S&W for being a good American company.

SpartanArms
09-29-08, 18:04
coltm4223,

I assume you're referring to a Smith & Wesson M&P of some sort when you said, "my brother just bought one friday." If that is the case I wouldn't get terribly bent out of shape over one jerk in S&W's C.S. department. While it does reflect badly on the company, one bad apple shouldn't spoil the whole bunch! The quality of the M&P pistols far outshines the lack of quality service you got from one person. Personally I've had good luck with both Smith & Wesson and Glock's Customer Service departments in several past interactions, so I would give them a chance. In the end, however, it is your brother's $$. So if it bothers him that much, return it and get something else. But realize that every firearms company hires human beings to staff their Customer Service departments, and humans sometimes have a bad day or sometimes act like asses.:D

John_Wayne777
09-29-08, 18:39
My brother just bought one Friday, so he called today to see if there was any way he could jump on this deal. My brother was cool as hell and just asked if there was anyway he could and the customer service rep was rude as hell! Not because he wouldn't help him, my brother didn't expect him to since he bought the gun before the effective date, but because of the way he treated him. He actually told him "Its only two mags or fifty bucks get over it and go buy yourself some mags." I felt bad for telling him to buy the gun. I've had nothing but excellent C.S. from Glock( They completely refurbished my G30 even after I had a grip reduction at no cost). But this guy was an a--hole. He has a thirty day return policy on the gun and is thinking about returning it for another Glock. One thing for sure he will never buy another S&W product after being treated like that. I was ashamed after praising S&W for being a good American company.

Your experience runs counter to the experience I and several others have had with S&W's customer service. In other words, that's not the typical S&W customer service story.

ToddG
09-29-08, 19:09
I assume, if the CSR was really that rude and actually said, as you quoted, "get over it," that your brother took down his name. It shouldn't be at all difficult to contact Smith and speak to a supervisor about both the rebate issue and the way your brother claims he was treated.

I've dealt with a lot of CS folks from a lot of gun companies, and while they can be stupid and sometimes even rude, I've never seen one become belligerent and hostile for no reason.

dp509
10-03-08, 04:34
Do not let him spoil having a good gun and enjoying it.

DarkX
10-03-08, 10:54
Have dealt with S&W CS several times regarding some rebates on a few M&P15 rifles I recently bought...

Everyone was super nice, professional and eager to help.

As said, one bad apple...atypical behavior from what I have heard and experienced.

C4IGrant
10-03-08, 10:57
I assume, if the CSR was really that rude and actually said, as you quoted, "get over it," that your brother took down his name. It shouldn't be at all difficult to contact Smith and speak to a supervisor about both the rebate issue and the way your brother claims he was treated.

I've dealt with a lot of CS folks from a lot of gun companies, and while they can be stupid and sometimes even rude, I've never seen one become belligerent and hostile for no reason.

Agree. S&W CS is known in the industry as having the best. So I am wondering if something else isn't going on here.

C4

exitinyourhead
10-03-08, 11:46
maybe i've lost touch with the definition of "cool as hell." Is asking for something for free that you don't have a right to or deserve now considered the in thing to do?

The "fact" that the cs rep answered with "get over it" is kinda surprising and sounds a little more like a retort to an argument than an answer to a quick question.

Did it go something like this?

customer - Can i get the rebate thing even though i didn't comply with outlines of the purchase?

S&W - Its only two mags or fifty bucks get over it and go buy yourself some mags.

Seems odd, but of course I wasn't there. I just don't see how asking for something that you know you shouldn't get anyway can make you happy afterwards. It's kind of like looking for dissapointment. Which is sort of ok I guess. Being surpised by it? That's kind of silly.

ToddG
10-03-08, 18:26
maybe i've lost touch with the definition of "cool as hell."

Let me help:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/2084264305_82025b4dd6_o.jpg

Beat Trash
10-03-08, 19:05
I have had excellent customer service with S&W over the years.

I would recommend you're brother call and ask to speak with a supervisor. I would be surprised if S&W would not be more than willing to take care of your brother's issues, to his satisfaction.