PDA

View Full Version : Help finding M4carbine member who is a blacksmith

Hootiewho
05-26-17, 13:33
Do we have a member here who is a blacksmith? I'm thinking he is one over in Georgia. I cannot remember his user name, but I could swear we do.

Any ideas?

GH41
05-26-17, 16:23
Where are you in SC and what do you want done??

Hootiewho
05-26-17, 21:05
Where are you in SC and what do you want done??

I'm in Oconee County, not needing anything done but through work I have a client I do work for who is having to get rid of nearly 200 Tons of coal, just needs to be hauled. I had been contacting friends to see if anyonecould use any when I got to thinking that I thougtwe had a member here who was somewhat local to me that did blacksmithing.

Inkslinger
05-26-17, 21:10
Any historical steam traction engine organizations or trains in your area?

Hootiewho
05-26-17, 22:31
Any historical steam traction engine organizations or trains in your area?

I did not think of that, great point. I'll do some digging over the weekend to see what I can find. I'm definitely going to get a load for myself for SHTF. It will not take long before people chop every tree down they can if bad times ever hit.

Hell I know where there are two older YUGE diesel generators (I'm taking ship type engines) that could power a small town, free to a good home. The kicker is gett them moved. I saw one of the pistons pulled out from it and it was massive. One benefit of my job is coming across stuff like this. These two are at a local religious university.

I was working at a large local University a couple years ago and they were throwing away some of those very expensive plastic containers that look to be make of derilin. I looked up one online and it was severalthousand dollars. I got the biggest one I could fot in my truck and it stil retained for $800. I went straight home and built me a metal frame, added a 1/2hp pump and used it to purge air from the geothermal system I was installing in my house that the wife and I was building.

I'm going to try and get as much coal as I can. If S ever does hit the F that mount Dino Doo withh be black gold for me to all those who own 5-20 acres and wilk go through what trees they have in no time.

JC5188
05-27-17, 05:08
I did not think of that, great point. I'll do some digging over the weekend to see what I can find. I'm definitely going to get a load for myself for SHTF. It will not take long before people chop every tree down they can if bad times ever hit.

Hell I know where there are two older YUGE diesel generators (I'm taking ship type engines) that could power a small town, free to a good home. The kicker is gett them moved. I saw one of the pistons pulled out from it and it was massive. One benefit of my job is coming across stuff like this. These two are at a local religious university.

I was working at a large local University a couple years ago and they were throwing away some of those very expensive plastic containers that look to be make of derilin. I looked up one online and it was severalthousand dollars. I got the biggest one I could fot in my truck and it stil retained for $800. I went straight home and built me a metal frame, added a 1/2hp pump and used it to purge air from the geothermal system I was installing in my house that the wife and I was building.

I'm going to try and get as much coal as I can. If S ever does hit the F that mount Dino Doo withh be black gold for me to all those who own 5-20 acres and wilk go through what trees they have in no time.

Funny you mention that. A few years ago we got an ice storm that shut the power down for 11 days. This was in a large city, and I'm in a residential neighborhood. We were chopping up trees that had fallen in a nearby lot on DAY FOUR. There were a couple other families doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk