PDA

View Full Version : 8 dead including LEO (Lincoln County, MS)

WillBrink
05-28-17, 10:19
Shooting may be another act of kindness from a follower of religion of peace, but details incoming. Dude looks like a Mormon...

8 people shot & killed including Lincoln County deputy, suspect captured

http://www.wapt.com/article/8-people-killed-including-lincoln-county-deputy-suspect-captured/9943221

BOGUE CHITTO, Miss. —
A man who authorities said got into an argument with his estranged wife over their children was arrested after a house-to-house shooting rampage that left eight people dead, including a Lincoln County sheriff's deputy.

Willie Cory Godbolt was taken into custody Sunday in connection with the overnight shootings, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation said.

Authorities said the shootings took place at three locations in Lincoln County.

THCDDM4
05-28-17, 10:56
May he rot in hell. Prayers to the victims families.

What a POS.

Doesn't sound like Islam this time- just stupid ghetto retarded thug shit is what it looks like to me.

WillBrink
05-28-17, 11:11
May he rot in hell. Prayers to the victims families.

What a POS.

Doesn't sound like Islam this time- just stupid ghetto retarded thug shit is what it looks like to me.

It was the pic of him that made me consider that as possibility. Has that recent convert to Mormonism look to him.

CRAMBONE
05-28-17, 11:48
He mentioned to a reporter that he did this because he loves his wife and kids. Not sure how that plays in and I don't want to post false info. This is pretty close to me. That county is a few counties south of Jackson.

Bulletdog
05-28-17, 11:55
Dude looks like a Mormon...

Mormon? Is that a typo? Or am I missing some sort of sarcastic humor here?

skywalkrNCSU
05-28-17, 12:05
It's a black guy with some facial hair. Not sure how you make the jump to Islam without any other details. It's like you guys get off on that. Weird.

sidewaysil80
05-28-17, 12:24
may be another act of kindness from a follower of religion of peace

The link you posted clearly describes it as a domestic, how on earth did you reach that possibility?

More pressing though, several felony convictions and still had guns. Good to see those laws working!

Bubba FAL
05-28-17, 13:46
Several felony convictions and yet walking around loose in society - wtf? Sounds like MS could use a "three-strikes" law. Except if I were king for a day, I'd make conviction of a third violent felony an automatic death sentence.

Eurodriver
05-28-17, 14:10
It's a black guy with some facial hair. Not sure how you make the jump to Islam without any other details. It's like you guys get off on that. Weird.

Hey man, no need for that PC BS here. Mormon's never commit any crimes. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mormon-church-boy-scouts-accused-covering-sex-abuse-article-1.3129033)

WillBrink
05-28-17, 15:14
Mormon? Is that a typo? Or am I missing some sort of sarcastic humor here?

Is an ongoing sarcastic joke. Damn Mormons! ;)

WillBrink
05-28-17, 15:25

The link you posted clearly describes it as a domestic, how on earth did you reach that possibility?

More pressing though, several felony convictions and still had guns. Good to see those laws working!

As explained above and i was clear to stipulate "Shooting may be another..."

And yes, I was making the possible leap due to the appearance of the perp who looked rather Mormon-ish to me.

If it offended any Mormons out there, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnTWxpTQt4

skywalkrNCSU
05-28-17, 15:39
It would take a whole lot for me to get offended by an online post, just makes you look dumb screaming "MUSLIMS!!!!" when it has nothing to do with it.

T2C
05-28-17, 15:44

WillBrink
05-28-17, 15:49
It would take a whole lot for me to get offended by an online post, just makes you look dumb screaming "MUSLIMS!!!!" when it has nothing to do with it.

Then it's a good thing I didn't do that.

26 Inf
05-28-17, 16:04

I can see how folks might think you were inferring something there Shooting may be another act of kindness from a follower of religion of peace, but details incoming. Dude looks like a Mormon...

Kind of stereotypical as other have pointed out.

skywalkrNCSU
05-28-17, 16:19

Lol yeah ok buddy

Honu
05-28-17, 16:44
BLM ! HANDS UP ! DON'T SHOOT !

I am waiting for those two black preacher guys to come out and get all over national news about this !!!!

checked msnbc ? all anti trump stuff on the front page with a article pro hillary and one pro gay not a peep about this !

ahhhhh liberals

WillBrink
05-28-17, 17:29
I can see how folks might think you were inferring something there Shooting may be another act of kindness from a follower of religion of peace, but details incoming. Dude looks like a Mormon...

Kind of stereotypical as other have pointed out.

I aint denying it at all brother, I'm saying I made sure to be clear that was far from established, but yes, I did make the comment based solely on my impressions of the perp, and that WAG on my end apparently incorrect. You obviously make some judgement calls on the job based on the visuals presented to you, often your instincts correct, some times they are not. I'm guilty of profiling the dude to be sure. My bad. Obviously with recent events and current world status, what appeared to my eye a gent of possible ME origin and facial hair of that pattern, lead to that as a distinct possibility.

He was also wearing a beanie thing which did have my mind jump to:

https://i1.wp.com/www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/dc-Cover-he3h7f6lu1ekfmsv265kkhv141-20160614083911.Medi_.jpeg?resize=800%2C448

I may turn out to be a stocking, something not uncommon in black communities also.

Honu
05-28-17, 18:24
bob: watch your step looks like a piece of dog crap !!!

liberal joe: you are racist against dogs ! thats from a bear !

bob: OK still a piece of crap !

of course liberal joe keeps calling bob racist and any phobic he can think of etc.. all while trying to find a stick to scrape off the crap !

Honu
05-28-17, 19:29
odds he will be muslim by the time he gets out of prison !

Spiffums
05-28-17, 21:10
I've already seen this used as a call for gun control. Like the gun totally made him do that.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-29-17, 00:04
I've already seen this used as a call for gun control. Like the gun totally made him do that.

No, but it certainly helped him kill 8 people. If you can not see that, then you have no hope of battling gun control.

Before every one gets up in arms, read what I wrote. You must understand that the otherside is correct in a way, the gun made killing 8 people very easy. The gun can also help stop someone from killing people as well.

Moose-Knuckle
05-29-17, 04:50
BOGUE CHITTO, Miss. —
A man who authorities said got into an argument with his estranged wife over their children was arrested after a house-to-house shooting rampage that left eight people dead, including a Lincoln County sheriff's deputy.

Willie Cory Godbolt was taken into custody Sunday in connection with the overnight shootings, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation said.

Authorities said the shootings took place at three locations in Lincoln County.

I surmise some of if not all of those victims in that "house to house shooting rampage" wished they had a firearm at the ready and not locked in a safe in their bedrooms while they were busy washing their bikes in their front yards or attempting to escape out the back while being shot dead . . .

But never mind any of that let's just proclaim with great lamentation "islamophobia" on internet gun forums. :cray:

MegademiC
05-29-17, 08:33
No, but it certainly helped him kill 8 people. If you can not see that, then you have no hope of battling gun control.

Before every one gets up in arms, read what I wrote. You must understand that the otherside is correct in a way, the gun made killing 8 people very easy. The gun can also help stop someone from killing people as well.

No, they are not correct at all. What he used and ease of using it is irrelevant.

What would have stopped the crime is if he was in jail. If he had no gun, he would have killed by other means, maybe less, but he still would have killed.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-29-17, 09:26
No, they are not correct at all. What he used and ease of using it is irrelevant.

What would have stopped the crime is if he was in jail. If he had no gun, he would have killed by other means, maybe less, but he still would have killed.

Really? Really?

What he uses, and eased of using it, is the exact reason I need my guns and you need yours. To defend ourselves from people that use them with ease.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” -Sun Tzu

I like my AR's and AK's and Glock's and 1911's because they make killing easier. I fight for my gun rights because I acknowledge bad guys with guns like mine roam the streets, and I need guns that will make it easier to kill them, because their guns make it easier to kill me. That's my gun rights argument, and it's one that liberals cant poke holes in. If you are seriously going to sit here and tell me that a gun didn't make this easier then I don't know what to say to you.

WillBrink
05-29-17, 12:49

Assault trucks and things that go boom yet more effective. Focusing on the tool vs the tool user never ends up favoring gun owners even when using such an argument regardless of how logical. Lots of research and history shows the defensive uses of guns, but that's ignored.

Frailer
05-29-17, 13:45

It's either the gun or the religion. Those are apparently the two primary causes of such things.

On the rare occasions we can't pin the crime on one or the other, then--and only then--is the POS perp fully responsible for his actions.

Averageman
05-29-17, 14:00
https://mic.com/articles/178282/willie-cory-godbolt-what-we-know-about-the-mississippi-shooting-suspect#.qsLrYg8pZ
According to arrest records cited by the Daily Leader, Godbolt has a lengthy criminal history. The alleged killer was charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault after reportedly striking a man with a pistol and stealing his cash and possessions in 2005. He was also arrested in 2013 for simple assault. Both incidents took place in Lincoln County.
In 2015, Godbolt was arrested by the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department for disorderly conduct/breach of peace and failure to comply with request. That same year, he was also arrested by the Mississippi Highway Patrol for driving with a suspended license as well as speeding and having no proof of liability insurance.
Most recently, Godbolt was arrested in 2016 for contempt of Justice Court and simple assault. He also filed an appeal in 2016 against a judgement in a simple assault and disorderly conduct case against him.
Blame the gun, blame religion, whatever makes you feel better.
The truth as I see it is that some folks are just built wrong and they are incapable of moving through society without havoc and carnage. If he was a Dog, we would have shot him dead in the street long before it got this far.

WillBrink
05-29-17, 15:27
https://mic.com/articles/178282/willie-cory-godbolt-what-we-know-about-the-mississippi-shooting-suspect#.qsLrYg8pZ
According to arrest records cited by the Daily Leader, Godbolt has a lengthy criminal history. The alleged killer was charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault after reportedly striking a man with a pistol and stealing his cash and possessions in 2005. He was also arrested in 2013 for simple assault. Both incidents took place in Lincoln County.
In 2015, Godbolt was arrested by the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department for disorderly conduct/breach of peace and failure to comply with request. That same year, he was also arrested by the Mississippi Highway Patrol for driving with a suspended license as well as speeding and having no proof of liability insurance.
Most recently, Godbolt was arrested in 2016 for contempt of Justice Court and simple assault. He also filed an appeal in 2016 against a judgement in a simple assault and disorderly conduct case against him.
Blame the gun, blame religion, whatever makes you feel better.
The truth as I see it is that some folks are just built wrong and they are incapable of moving through society without havoc and carnage. If he was a Dog, we would have shot him dead in the street long before it got this far.

Just heard all the people he killed but the LEO he was related to or knew and were targeted. It was not a random spree shooting it appears. It will be interesting to see how he obtained the gun to add to the discussion.

Averageman
05-29-17, 15:30
Just heard all the people he killed but the LEO he was related to or knew and were targeted. It was not a random spree shooting it appears. It will be interesting to see how he obtained the gun to add to the discussion.

It appears to be a domestic that just kept getting worse. Most of these folks were in laws or related somehow.
Clearly the guy had an extensive record, most likely a "prohibited person" I would guess someone knew he was unhinged and also knew he had a gun.

MegademiC
05-29-17, 15:35
Really? Really?

What he uses, and eased of using it, is the exact reason I need my guns and you need yours. To defend ourselves from people that use them with ease.

I like my AR's and AK's and Glock's and 1911's because they make killing easier. I fight for my gun rights because I acknowledge bad guys with guns like mine roam the streets, and I need guns that will make it easier to kill them, because their guns make it easier to kill me. That's my gun rights argument, and it's one that liberals cant poke holes in. If you are seriously going to sit here and tell me that a gun didn't make this easier then I don't know what to say to you.

I didn't say guns don't make it easy. I said it's irrelevant.