PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Malfunction

alcante262
05-28-17, 17:33
I cant think of the name of the malfunction.What do they call a live cartridge stuck in the chamber of an AR15.Where you have to strike the butt stock against something very hard to get the cartridge out.I just cant think of the name of the mal function.

lysander
05-28-17, 18:11
Failure to fire?

Butch
05-28-17, 18:58
Mortar/mortaring.

hdrolling
05-28-17, 19:07
Sometimes with a double feed you have to strike the charging handle on something to get the bolt back, not sure about hitting the butt stock?

Iraqgunz
05-28-17, 19:34
It's a failure to extract and the casing is stuck in the chamber. When it cannot be removed by standard means, then you may need to resort to mortaring the rifle, where you collapse the stock, and then strike the butt on the ground while simultaneously pulling on the charging handle.

I cant think of the name of the malfunction.What do they call a live cartridge stuck in the chamber of an AR15.Where you have to strike the butt stock against something very hard to get the cartridge out.I just cant think of the name of the mal function.

MegademiC
05-28-17, 20:35
If it's truly a live round, it would just be a stuck round, as it's not a malfunction until you pull the trigger. If you did, then its a failure to fire. Possible out of battery with something in the chamber wedging the round.

alcante262
05-28-17, 22:53
Thanks everyone