PDA

View Full Version : Geissele g2s question

Sidneyious
05-29-17, 18:36
I'm looking at this trigger very heavily, for the price can this trigger be beat?

So far I have not heard anyone say anything bad about it.

everready73
05-29-17, 19:11
Larue MBT is a little cheaper at $125 and is compared to the SSA/SSA-E , so it might be worth looking at as well. There is a wait time usually when you order it for that price

titsonritz
05-29-17, 19:19
Larue MBT is a little cheaper at $125 and is compared to the SSA/SSA-E , so it might be worth looking at as well. There is a wait time usually when you order it for that price

$155 for an SSA (http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-super-semi-automatic-trigger-small-pin-154-gat-ssa), why mess with anything else.

PS. Don't wait around for the sale to over, it go back up to $240 and you'll be waiting for the Fourth or Black Friday.

Sidneyious
05-29-17, 19:22
Thanks​ I'll look into it

$155 for an SSA (http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-super-semi-automatic-trigger-small-pin-154-gat-ssa), why mess with anything else.

PS. Don't wait around for the sale to over, it go back up to $240 and you'll be waiting for the Fourth or Black Friday.
Sadly I have to wait till Friday.

sva01
05-29-17, 19:34
What do you want to do with it?

The G2S is a great value for the money but the ALG ACT has impressed me for the few hundred rounds I have on it as well. Depending on your usage, it might be worth looking at...

hdrolling
05-30-17, 09:27
Sadly I have to wait till Friday.

That sucks, that was a great sale! Knowing the sale was coming I saved up and had money in reserve just for all the sales, it pays off planning ahead.

Instead of getting what you can afford now, why not save up and wait for fathers day or 4th of July sales?

Is the GS2 what you really want?

Sidneyious
05-30-17, 09:58
That sucks, that was a great sale! Knowing the sale was coming I saved up and had money in reserve just for all the sales, it pays off planning ahead.

Instead of getting what you can afford now, why not save up and wait for fathers day or 4th of July sales?

Is the GS2 what you really want?
Well I want a 2 stage, the g2s seems to be the best for the price.

I also don't know the difference between the g2s and the 250$ ones.

titsonritz
05-30-17, 10:10

The G2S is an economical version of the SSA the primary difference is the hammer pin is held in place by a separate spring clip as opposed to the typical "J" spring, there is no laser markings, and the parts are only spot checked for MP.

hdrolling
05-30-17, 10:32

Between the GS2 and the SSA there is little to no difference, Geissele states:

The Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) was designed to be a high quality, cost effective option of the SSA. The G2S is a 4.5lb. non-adjustable combat trigger that is a precision two-stage trigger and allows precise and accurate trigger control. The G2S is manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA. Visually, from the outside of the weapon there is no difference from the SSA and the feel and reliability is the same. The G2S however has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place, there is no laser markings, and the parts are only spot checked for MP.

turnburglar
05-30-17, 11:07
The only real difference is installation, which I didn't find very difficult at all.

Love my G2S. Much better than a GI single stage for precision.

alx01
05-30-17, 11:08
I didn't know larue was making a trigger. Great info. Thanks.

I've been wanting to try Stag Arms two stage trigger (https://www.stagarms.com/stag-arms-two-stage-match-trigger/) listed at $109.99 on their site. Mostly because I was interested in something other than a common brand.

jesuvuah
05-30-17, 11:10
I have both a g2s and ssa. When it comes to shooting them I can't tell a difference

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Sidneyious
05-30-17, 12:50
So with the g2s being batch tested does that mean less quality?

hdrolling
05-30-17, 12:54
So with the g2s being batch tested does that mean less quality?

I wouldn't think so, sounds like a really good option the more I read up on them. I'm just more of an SSA-E fan. Would be better than OEM either way.

lysander
05-30-17, 17:37
Make 1000 trigger sets.

Test 10 of them and get no duds.

What are the chances the other 990 have duds? Pretty low

The G2s are made by the same people, on the same machines, as the SSA, only they save a bit of money by simplifying the design a bit and only testing a few from each batch.

chef8489
05-30-17, 20:06
I have run the g2a on most of my builds since I discovered Geissele and at 109.99 its hard to beat.
http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

This one does not come with the grease or the instructions, but you can watch videos online.