PDA

View Full Version : house of cards season 5

Honu
05-31-17, 20:51
sadly could not even continue watching it ?

basically they tried to make it what the left thinks trump is ?

and lost all good writing and action and made it purely a liberal idiocy piece

kinda saw that coming with the white domestic terrorists though that behead people ?
and the going to ban anyone coming in to the country
and rigging the election and of course taking office but not really winning the election even though they also claim it was rigged ?

its basically like a show written by MSNBC lefties again on top no good action no suspense no other imagination

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-31-17, 22:32
:pI'm sorry Honu, I love you brother but everytime I read your posts I feel like this....

https://youtu.be/UtVjRG7PB_4

Singlestack Wonder
06-01-17, 10:07
I stopped watching early in season 2 when it became yet another vehicle promoting homosexuality...

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-01-17, 12:32
I stopped watching early in season 2 when it became yet another vehicle promoting homosexuality...

And not the good kind.

Through episode 2. Almost wonder if they added the border thing at the last minute. Considering Frank is the hero as anti-hero, I bet there is 25% of the population who think it is all good ;).

It used to be that shows 'jumped the shark', I'm trying to think of what the equivalent is for the full Progressive stupidity?

I liked Will&Grace because I never remember them going full SJW even though it was all just right there. What is the best first example of of a show going from something good to full SJW?

SteyrAUG
06-01-17, 14:02
And not the good kind.

Through episode 2. Almost wonder if they added the border thing at the last minute. Considering Frank is the hero as anti-hero, I bet there is 25% of the population who think it is all good ;).

It used to be that shows 'jumped the shark', I'm trying to think of what the equivalent is for the full Progressive stupidity?

I liked Will&Grace because I never remember them going full SJW even though it was all just right there. What is the best first example of of a show going from something good to full SJW?

Probably "Friends."

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-01-17, 16:20
Probably "Friends."

Friends I don't remember going full SJW. I used to not pay attention to Gray's Anatomy while my wife watched it, but I put a ban on it after McWhatever died. Turning me off from a show with a high lesbian ratio is hard to do.

Honu
06-01-17, 20:25

should have also stopped then ! and more then ever these days that is one of the trigger points or any social justice idiocy !!

going through netflix and amazon to watch some stuff while editing and pretty much nothing came up that is POPULAR grabbed my attention and so many of the PBS documentaries this day are propaganda and not accurate etc

SteyrAUG
06-01-17, 21:07
Friends I don't remember going full SJW. I used to not pay attention to Gray's Anatomy while my wife watched it, but I put a ban on it after McWhatever died. Turning me off from a show with a high lesbian ratio is hard to do.

I just remember some horseshit about Ross's wife figuring out she was a lesbian, divorcing him and her and her life partner getting custody of his kid. I remember that being one of the things on my "too intolerable to care if I go on living" list. After that I really didn't care how cute Jennifer Aniston was, the show was just too much crap.

Honu
06-01-17, 23:27
in the 80s I was so busy living outside I never watched Miami Vice till it was already over and on re runs :)

it got a bit stupid BUT still a cool show that did not get stupid in a stupid way :)
wish we could go back to that kind of stupid !!!!

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-02-17, 01:29
At the end of episode 4 or 5. Wife wishes it would move faster, but I told her it is about chracters than a fast story line. SHe and I agree that the Underwoods are way more Clinton than Trump.

_Stormin_
06-03-17, 12:26
She and I agree that the Underwoods are way more Clinton than Trump. And this is how I've felt about it. The Underwoods are the damned Clintons, with a couple of very notable exceptions. The largest one being that the Underwoods actually make their power plays work, while Hillary blames the DNC for her problems and Bill vanishes like a fart in the wind.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-04-17, 23:01
On episode 10. Not liking it as much. They are making tension through plot complexity rather than through character development and dialogue. So many moving parts on the conspiracy.

Honu
06-04-17, 23:48
just finished the last episode of billions !!!!

cant wait for the next season at least that show is working still lets see how bad they screw it up with of course the it in control ? and the having to put that in the show and move it forward over others I do fear next season might be dive time ? but we shall see

I gave house of cards a shot and well it failed :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-05-17, 07:14
just finished the last episode of billions !!!!

cant wait for the next season at least that show is working still lets see how bad they screw it up with of course the it in control ? and the having to put that in the show and move it forward over others I do fear next season might be dive time ? but we shall see

I gave house of cards a shot and well it failed :)

Billions is good. Great acting, characters and plot- the trifecta. And Malin Ackerman.

Looking forward to Ray Donovan. Wife and I started Breaking Bad and got two seasons in before taking a break to stay current with House of Cards.

Honu
06-05-17, 19:27
Billions is good. Great acting, characters and plot- the trifecta. And Malin Ackerman.

Looking forward to Ray Donovan. Wife and I started Breaking Bad and got two seasons in before taking a break to stay current with House of Cards.

OH thanks for reminding me trying to remember what other show I had to catch up with it was Ray Donovan !!! a season behind but like to binge watch these kinda shows

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-06-17, 21:42
Finished the HOC5. It was OK. I thought they rushed the last few episodes, but I think the real issue is the 'Jack Ryan' paradox. Clancy's Ryan was great when he was a smart, capable nobody that did awesome things. Due to this, he rises in the ranks to president. Then, whatever he, or his kids do, is completely unbelievable. HOC has the same problem. I think they got sloppy and lost the major mojo of the series. They have me a for a couple of episodes of the next season, but I'm not waiting with baited breath.