PDA

View Full Version : What IS the poofing policy?

HolyRoller
09-30-08, 19:03
I'm not saying it's never appropriate for mods to make posts and threads disappear altogether, in the event of personal attacks, OPSEC/PERSEC, dead horse conspiracy theories, and some just plain stupidity.

I am saying it's not nice to arbitrarily destroy people's writing because it's off the thread topic. Warn, then lock ... it worked for the Apostle Paul when he was moderating the New Testament boards, it works now. And show me a thread that DOESN'T drift after a few posts.

But a couple posts of mine that probably half an hour went into, and were not all that unrelated to the OP, and were in response to factually incorrect information that may have misled people, just disappeared (along with the posts I was responding to), and we were told to go start a new thread somewhere else. Not so easy now, is it?

This is disappointing and not particularly respectful of people's work. I don't see where this part of the posting rules

However, M4 Carbine LLC reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to M4 Carbine LLC in its sole discretion.

M4Carbine LLC reserves the right to revise and amend the forum rules as necessary.

even forbid thread drift, much less say your work will be destroyed without notice if a thread drifts. If this is going to be the new deal, please say so.

Robb Jensen
09-30-08, 21:36
I'm not saying it's never appropriate for mods to make posts and threads disappear altogether, in the event of personal attacks, OPSEC/PERSEC, dead horse conspiracy theories, and some just plain stupidity.

I am saying it's not nice to arbitrarily destroy people's writing because it's off the thread topic. Warn, then lock ... it worked for the Apostle Paul when he was moderating the New Testament boards, it works now. And show me a thread that DOESN'T drift after a few posts.

But a couple posts of mine that probably half an hour went into, and were not all that unrelated to the OP, and were in response to factually incorrect information that may have misled people, just disappeared (along with the posts I was responding to), and we were told to go start a new thread somewhere else. Not so easy now, is it?

This is disappointing and not particularly respectful of people's work. I don't see where this part of the posting rules

However, M4 Carbine LLC reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to M4 Carbine LLC in its sole discretion.

M4Carbine LLC reserves the right to revise and amend the forum rules as necessary.

even forbid thread drift, much less say your work will be destroyed without notice if a thread drifts. If this is going to be the new deal, please say so.

This a private forum. If you don't like the rules perhaps you shouldn't participate.