PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon's new RMR Type 2's are comings

C4IGrant
06-05-17, 11:24
Should start to ship this week.

C4

bjw182005
06-05-17, 11:35
Are they dimensionally the same as the current models? Have they been significantly upgraded beyond the original RMRs performance level with regards to battery life, battery fit/function? Will the price be the same as the current line?

Im looking forward to the clearance blowout of all the existing RMRs for sure.

I was just about to pull the trigger on an RMR06 for a glock project. Is there any real reason to wait for the new RMR Type 2?

Have you been able to get your hands on any yet for function testing?

C4IGrant
06-05-17, 11:38
Are they dimensionally the same as the current models? Have they been significantly upgraded beyond the original RMRs performance level with regards to battery life, battery fit/function? Will the price be the same as the current line?

I was just about to pull the trigger on an RMR06 for a glock project. Is there any real reason to wait for the new RMR Type 2?

Have you been able to get your hands on any yet for function testing?

Same size. We have not actually handled one so we do not know any more than what is on the PDF. Price is lower. Since they didn't just upgrade the existing RMR's (and not saying anything), our guess is that these are much improved.

C4

bjw182005
06-05-17, 11:46
Same size. We have not actually handled one so we do not know any more than what is on the PDF. Price is higher. Since they didn't just upgrade the existing RMR's (and not saying anything), our guess is that these are much improved.

C4

Sounds good. Maybe I will wait a week or two and see how these come out. Any word on pricing? Thanks for the heads up and info.

C4IGrant
06-05-17, 12:16
Sounds good. Maybe I will wait a week or two and see how these come out. Any word on pricing? Thanks for the heads up and info.

RM06 is $595 so they actually lowered the price.

C4

bjw182005
06-05-17, 12:18
I will definitely grab one of those newer RM06 Type 2s then. I hope the Mil/LEO pricing still applies. Thanks again Grant for the heads up on these. I look forward to hearing when you have them.

C4IGrant
06-05-17, 12:22
I will definitely grab one of those newer RM06 Type 2s then. I hope the Mil/LEO pricing still applies. Thanks again Grant for the heads up on these. I look forward to hearing when you have them.

Yes it will.

C4

Kenneth
06-05-17, 13:53
Grant, is the LEO pricing through you or do we go trough Trijicon? I never knew they offered a LEO program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C4IGrant
06-05-17, 14:00
Grant, is the LEO pricing through you or do we go trough Trijicon? I never knew they offered a LEO program.

Through us.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=LEMI

C4

MeanCarbine
06-05-17, 19:14
Cliffs Notes on what's been upgraded/ new features?

indianajonze
06-05-17, 19:21
so what is actually new about these type 2 models? looks shockingly similar to the current version. i would think they'd make the battery compartment accessible while the optic is mounted, but that doesn't look to be the case

C4IGrant
06-06-17, 06:24
Cliffs Notes on what's been upgraded/ new features?

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_RMR.php

C4

shooterreadyg34
06-06-17, 09:32
Are they dimensionally the same as the current models? YES Have they been significantly upgraded beyond the original RMRs performance level with regards to battery life, battery fit/function? YES Will the price be the same as the current line? BETTER

I was just about to pull the trigger on an RMR06 for a glock project. Is there any real reason to wait for the new RMR Type 2? If use is for a slide ride pistol, I would hold out a bit longer for the Type 2. If not, old version good to go.

Have you been able to get your hands on any yet for function testing? YES, we are happy to announce the improved robustness especially for use on pistols. I believe the added button functionality (button lockout and timer feature which places the dot back into auto mode after 16.5hrs) will be well received. I've been enjoying these new features for the last few months during my live fire events and competitions. No more worries about leaving the optic in a high bright setting and forgetting to shut off or go back to auto mode for battery life savings in dark storage. This now takes out the worry. No more shutting the dots off for me when they go in the safe. I personally, am glad we added this feature. We'll let the rest of you decide for yourself as time goes on.

I don't post here much, so don't expect me to answer a bunch of questions at this point. I need to go work on some new products that you all will hopefully enjoy in the future. Out!

bjw182005
06-06-17, 09:35
I don't post here much, so don't expect me to answer a bunch of questions at this point. I need to go work on some new products that you all will hopefully enjoy in the future. Out!

Thank you for the information! Looking forward to these new optics.

Alex V
06-06-17, 09:43
Got an RM07 and M&P a couple months ago from you, Grant. Looks like I may need an RMR-2 and an G19 MOS ;-)

C4IGrant
06-06-17, 12:16
Got an RM07 and M&P a couple months ago from you, Grant. Looks like I may need an RMR-2 and an G19 MOS ;-)

We have a coupon code waiting for you. ;-)

C4

WickedWillis
06-06-17, 13:29

Everything listed sounds very positive and addresses issues people have had with the RMR's.

indianajonze
06-06-17, 14:43
Everything listed sounds very positive and addresses issues people have had with the RMR's.
Except having to remove the optic to replace the battery. It's one of the main reasons I haven't pulled the trigger yet and have been considering the Deltapoint Pro instead

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
06-06-17, 14:47
Except having to remove the optic to replace the battery. It's one of the main reasons I haven't pulled the trigger yet and have been considering the Deltapoint Pro instead

That's a good point as well. One of the best features of the deltapoint pro imo

Defaultmp3
06-06-17, 16:49
Note the dual battery contacts, extra o-ring for the battery, and the star-shape contacts.
http://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4262/35013861261_2b374c0b54_h.jpg

Stickman
06-06-17, 17:14
so what is actually new about these type 2 models? looks shockingly similar to the current version. i would think they'd make the battery compartment accessible while the optic is mounted, but that doesn't look to be the case

The same housing is used, so you won't see an external difference. The largest thing I noticed was a difference in tint when viewed through the optic, it is a bit different than the original version.

Kenneth
06-06-17, 18:40
For the guys that have the RMR's. do they loose zero when you have to replace the battery?

I have looked at them but having to remove the optic to replace the battery was a no go. I just don't know how big of a deal it is.

punkey71
06-06-17, 19:25
For the guys that have the RMR's. do they loose zero when you have to replace the battery?

I have looked at them but having to remove the optic to replace the battery was a no go. I just don't know how big of a deal it is.

It's usually a couple clicks for me at 25yds. Nothing earth shattering. I thought It would be worse, actually.

I do it once a year.

While I'd love for my top-battery DP Pro's to be a viable carry alternative, the illumination adjustment and battery life relegate them to non-carry/primary guns.

Waiting for the long battery life, top battery, bright, large window optic to present itself.

MeanCarbine
06-06-17, 19:39
It's usually a couple clicks for me at 25yds. Nothing earth shattering. I thought It would be worse, actually.

I do it once a year.

While I'd love for my top-battery DP Pro's to be a viable carry alternative, the illumination adjustment and battery life relegate them to non-carry/primary guns.

Waiting for the long battery life, top battery, bright, large window optic to present itself.

Have you found the DPP battery life to be short even with the sleep mode/motion censor on feature?

punkey71
06-06-17, 19:45
Yes. It only sleeps when at rest for 5 minutes.

On a carry gun it will be on nearly all the time unless you're sedentary.

For whatever reason the technology of the DP Pro does not offer the same battery life of an always-on RMR.

MeanCarbine
06-06-17, 20:56
Yes. It only sleeps when at rest for 5 minutes.

On a carry gun it will be on nearly all the time unless you're sedentary.

For whatever reason the technology of the DP Pro does not offer the same battery life of an always-on RMR.

How many hours are you getting out of a new battery?

punkey71
06-06-17, 21:15
Less than a year on rifles and PCCs that spend the majority of their time sitting still in a safe.

A member of another forum has several DP Pros and measures his battery life in weeks on a pistol with heavy use/carry. Like 6-7 weeks.

We are getting way off topic though - back to the RMR V2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TAZ
06-06-17, 23:33

The first time I did it the POI change was dramatic. Pulled the RMR off the next day (took more tools to the range) to see what was up. Had a loctite booger stuck under the housing the the thing was cockeyed. Cleaned off the bottom of the RMR thoroughly along with the plate. Then used a torque wrench to mount. 10 in-lbs I think. Repeated the process 5x with 2 - 3 clicks of wind age correction.

It's not fool proof and I'd love to not need to do it, but given how it's done well for me, a once a year rezero isn't such a sacrifice. Heck it may even be good practice [emoji3]

Defaultmp3
06-08-17, 11:22
According to someone who is allegedly the lead engineer on the RMR Gen2 project:

The electronics are confirmed to be fully potted
30 optics with 30k cycles on a 1911, none with any issues
The lens and coating remain the same
The battery save function that kicks the device to auto mode (not auto-off, just auto-brightness) resets the 16.5 hour timer with any button push, and cannot be disabled; due to the use of this feature, you should get at least 2 years of battery life under any kind of reasonable use
Switching the shipped screws from hex to Torx
The new RMR electronics are not backwards compatible with the old housing, due to changes to the inner housing pocket

Alex V
06-08-17, 12:18
Have the clicks on the elev and wind adjustment gotten any better? I find them to have almost no feel. Very difficult to count.

Alex V
06-09-17, 08:15
By the way guys; Gen 1 RM06 and RM07 are $349 on Cabela's website right now. I guess they are trying to get rid of the old ones.

Outlander Systems
06-09-17, 08:57
Thanks for the heads up.

I do NOT understand why more electronics manufacturers don't pot their shit. I can't tell you how many times I've had to crack something open to do it my damn self. I'd happily pay the extra fifty-****ing-cents it would cost them to do this shit at the factory.

The electronics are confirmed to be fully potted

WickedWillis
06-09-17, 16:18
Thanks for the heads up.

I do NOT understand why more electronics manufacturers don't pot their shit. I can't tell you how many times I've had to crack something open to do it my damn self. I'd happily pay the extra fifty-****ing-cents it would cost them to do this shit at the factory.

It definitely seems like the gen 2's will be worth holding out for.

Wake27
06-09-17, 17:16
Not trying to make this into a DPP vs RMR thread, but had these been available a few months ago and knowing what I do now after trying to get my preferred setup to work, I think that I would definitely go this route, maybe even take the gamble on a $350 RMR. Not so much because of the DPP, but more because of issues with BUIS and holsters combined with the one or two "meh" things about the DPP.

officerX
06-09-17, 17:22
V1 on sale at Cabela's for $350.

WickedWillis
06-09-17, 17:23
Not trying to make this into a DPP vs RMR thread, but had these been available a few months ago and knowing what I do now after trying to get my preferred setup to work, I think that I would definitely go this route, maybe even take the gamble on a $350 RMR. Not so much because of the DPP, but more because of issues with BUIS and holsters combined with the one or two "meh" things about the DPP.

I'm a big fan of the top mounted battery, and the slightly better FOV. But it hasn't been vetted yet like the RMR's have.

MegademiC
06-09-17, 20:37
Great timing, will be buying one soon for a pistol application. I look forward to reviews.

MeanCarbine
06-09-17, 21:15
Still blue/green tinted glass? Meh

Wake27
06-10-17, 13:48
I'm a big fan of the top mounted battery, and the slightly better FOV. But it hasn't been vetted yet like the RMR's have.

I am too, but those are both things that cause issues with holster compatibility. And while I haven't had mine long enough to really comment on battery life, top mount vs battery mount can almost be irrelevant based on battery life.

WickedWillis
06-12-17, 12:53
I am too, but those are both things that cause issues with holster compatibility. And while I haven't had mine long enough to really comment on battery life, top mount vs battery mount can almost be irrelevant based on battery life.

Very true, especially if you are on top of your zero at all times.

indianajonze
06-12-17, 13:02
I don't agree. If you have to replace the battery once a year it's a pita to have to re-mount it annually. I'm not even talking about having to zero again, which is annoying by itself. The simple fact is that those tiny hex screws aren't made for regular mounting/removal. Want to have a *great* evening? Trying to remove a tiny stripped hex screw from an optic mount.

Having an accessible battery compartment without having to remove the optic is superior in every circumstance. See: aimpoint, Leupold, nightforce, vortex and pretty much every other illuminated optic mfr out there

caporider
06-12-17, 13:26
I don't agree. If you have to replace the battery once a year it's a pita to have to re-mount it annually. I'm not even talking about having to zero again, which is annoying by itself. The simple fact is that those tiny hex screws aren't made for regular mounting/removal. Want to have a *great* evening? Trying to remove a tiny stripped hex screw from an optic mount.

Having an accessible battery compartment without having to remove the optic is superior in every circumstance. See: aimpoint, Leupold, nightforce, vortex and pretty much every other illuminated optic mfr out there

FWIW the new RMRs use torx screws.

indianajonze
06-12-17, 13:49
Really? Actually...that's a huge improvement

TAZ
06-13-17, 14:13

Not sure if pulling an optic by removing 2 screws is as dramatic as you make it sound, but I do agree that it's not ideal. It does however lend itself to a slimmer housing than the units with too accessible batteries. As for damaging the screws during battery swaps - McMaster Carr is your friend. Buy a box of 50 little torix screws and you've solved the problem. Would love to see the gasket available for purchase fur next years battery swap.

mebiuspower
06-14-17, 13:12
FWIW the new RMRs use torx screws.

The Spuhr RMR plate came with torx screws and that's what I used on mine mounted on the Spuhr mount.

Press Check
06-26-17, 12:10
Available yet?

WickedWillis
06-26-17, 12:13
Aaron Cowan has a review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRK-zj6eXKw

bp7178
06-26-17, 12:47
Loctite 271 on screw for an RMR?

Fail.

Gharddog03
08-09-17, 22:46
My first gen had several issues mounted on my C.O.R.E. due to poor battery contact. Looks like they beefed up contact points.