PDA

View Full Version : LMT FSB markings?

CJGarza
09-30-08, 21:39
I just picked up a brand spanking new LMT upper (to match with a nice Colt lower I have :cool:) and while inspecting it I found that the FSB is not marked "F" but rather <B>2. How does this differ from the "F" marked FSB?

Thanks guys.

Robb Jensen
09-30-08, 21:40
I just picked up a brand spanking new LMT upper (to match with a nice Colt lower I have :cool:) and while inspecting it I found that the FSB is not marked "F" but rather <B>2. How does this differ from the "F" marked FSB?

Thanks guys.

LMTs are marked F because they don't make anything except for an F. In simple terms they have no reason to differentiate a F marked FSB from any other, hence no reason to mark it as such.

CJGarza
09-30-08, 23:29
I found my answer:

"F" Height Front Sight Base
Front sight bases come in two basic varieties. One is the front sight base intended for use on carbines and rifles with fixed A2 uppers,the other (The "F") is intended for carbines with flattop uppers. In order to ensure compatibility with the various aftermarket rear back up iron sights, the "F" is more desirable. Not all "F" height front sight bases are marked with the "F" (LMT for example), and some that are marked are not true to the correct height.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

Thanks to Rob_S for the chart and to a fellow San Antonian who pointed me in the right direction :D.

Impact
10-01-08, 00:09
LMTs are NOT marked F because they don't make anything except for an F. In simple terms they have no reason to differentiate a F marked FSB from any other, hence no reason to mark it as such.

:) fixed it

Robb Jensen
10-01-08, 05:20
:) fixed it

Doh! It was late and my fingers worked faster than my tired head.

wahoo95
10-01-08, 08:46
Mine is marked.......on the rigt side