PDA

View Full Version : Why did Vickers choose a carbine length ISO mid-length for DD signature rifle?

voiceofreason
06-06-17, 19:55
Sorry this is so old.

I remember thinking that I liked the rail on the Vickers DD Signature rifle. I looked it up again and just realized it's a carbine.

From what I gather, Vickers is running a mid-length now. Anyone know why he ran the DD as a carbine?

Are there any advantages to running a carbine over a mid? I thought all the advantages for a 16" were with the mid-length setup.

MountainRaven
06-06-17, 20:25
If I recall correctly, he felt (at that time) that the carbine-length gas system was better vetted and had all the bugs worked out.

Obviously, today, he feels different.

kwelz
06-06-17, 21:54
We asked him this exact question in a class a few years ago. His answer is exactly what Fjallhrafn said. At the time he didn't feel the Mid Length system had enough time behind it to prove itself. remember that instructors like Mr. Vickers care about teaching what is known and reliable. They will switch to and away from something if quality or facts change, but they will only do it after having enough proof.

TMS951
06-06-17, 22:30
In a video on the fun he said it was for light placement. He wanted to use the fixed front site and the surefire x300. This needed the carbine length.