PDA

View Full Version : And The Lesson For Today Is...

Dienekes
06-08-17, 15:29
Just picked up on this today via Drudge.

http://fox6now.com/2017/06/08/violated-students-sue-after-deputies-pat-down-900-of-them-in-a-warrantless-drug-sweep/

Other links I found corroborate the story in its essentials (which are about enough to make me vomit). It sounds like about 40 officers participated; great decision making involved. 900 kids aggressively searched???

So far the upshot on his this has been massive outrage and a federal civil rights lawsuit. If true, hell should be unleashed.
See http://www.almcms.com/contrib/content/uploads/sites/292/2017/06/WorthHighComplaint-1.pdf

Last time I heard of anything this repulsive it referred to the Einsatzgruppen on the Russian front. Gack.

kerplode
06-08-17, 15:59
Just another day in Jefferson "Reefer Madness" Beauregard Sessions' renewed drug war. Can't civil asset forfeiture any omelets without groping a few kid's eggs.

It's for the children, you know. Well, not those ones they groped...The other ones.

Digital_Damage
06-08-17, 16:06
Just picked up on this today via Drudge.

http://fox6now.com/2017/06/08/violated-students-sue-after-deputies-pat-down-900-of-them-in-a-warrantless-drug-sweep/

Other links I found corroborate the story in its essentials (which are about enough to make me vomit). It sounds like about 40 officers participated; great decision making involved. 900 kids aggressively searched???

So far the upshot on his this has been massive outrage and a federal civil rights lawsuit. If true, hell should be unleashed.
See http://www.almcms.com/contrib/content/uploads/sites/292/2017/06/WorthHighComplaint-1.pdf

Last time I heard of anything this repulsive it referred to the Einsatzgruppen on the Russian front. Gack.

wow... ya that department is going to get sued to the stone age. School administrators will also be looking for new jobs.

officerX
06-08-17, 16:09
"According to the suit, officers cupped boys’ genitals, touched girls’ vaginas, reached inside bras, touched girls’ bare breasts, patted their buttocks and placed their hands inside students’ underwear." - otherwise known as a "clothed search" in the LE world. Civil rights may have been violated for the searches being conducted but I doubt anything was wrong with the way the search was performed. It probably wasn't the first time for some of them.

26 Inf
06-08-17, 16:10
I'm thinking the Sheriff is going to learn he misunderstood the law.

First, there is that whole are they functioning as police, or as an extension of the school. The Sheriff made it pretty clear that the search was his idea based on the results of a burglary investigation which indicated there was drug activity at the school.

School officials can search if they have reasonable suspicion, a police officer acting as a school official morphs into that area.

A police officer acting as a police officer - as the Sheriff seemingly has set himself up to be - has to have probable cause for a non-consensual search. The exemption is if there is articulable reasonable suspicion the person is armed. Then the search is limited to a brief, exterior pat down, not the searches which were described in the article.

Plus really, articulable reasonable suspicion for each of 900 students? LOL

Not going to end well for the Sheriff and the School.

yoni
06-08-17, 16:20
What is worrying is his deputies went along with it.

I was only following orders didn't work 70 years ago, no reason to think it would work today.

223to45
06-08-17, 17:13
"According to the suit, officers cupped boys’ genitals, touched girls’ vaginas, reached inside bras, touched girls’ bare breasts, patted their buttocks and placed their hands inside students’ underwear." - otherwise known as a "clothed search" in the LE world. Civil rights may have been violated for the searches being conducted but I doubt anything was wrong with the way the search was performed. It probably wasn't the first time for some of them.
If true, that is very disturbing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Honu
06-08-17, 19:20
another reason to homeschool :)

in general schools dont offer much protection for kids
if the principal thinks the kids are involved he can let the kids be searched without consent
so all the cops need is the schools OK even if the cop comes to them first

you kinda give up your rights as parents when kids go to public schools while they are in school

same reason they can give your pre teen daughter birth control and counsel her on sex and you have no say in the matter !

yeah I would be pissed off as a parent big time BUT public schools are a disgrace for the most part anymore
with teaching islam and global warming and being gay is good all whites should check there white privilege and our founding fathers were racist and the list goes on and on

Bulletdog
06-08-17, 19:44
I would hope my daughter would have the sense to refuse and call me ASAP.

I wonder what would have happened if any of those kids would have refused to let those officers put their hands on them like that with no justification or probable cause.

SomeOtherGuy
06-08-17, 23:21
I'm thinking the Sheriff is going to learn he misunderstood the law.
Plus really, articulable reasonable suspicion for each of 900 students? LOL
Not going to end well for the Sheriff and the School.

As a matter of theoretical law I agree 100%. As a jaded lawyer and watcher of US society, I have a strong feeling that nothing more than a wrist slap, maybe some meaningless "sensitivity training", and maybe an early retirement with a fat pension will result from this.

I hope I am wrong.

I would hope my daughter would have the sense to refuse and call me ASAP.
I wonder what would have happened if any of those kids would have refused to let those officers put their hands on them like that with no justification or probable cause.

Good in theory but it seems like real-world practice these days is that your daughter would end up beaten, arrested, subjected to an even more invasive search, and charged with some made-up BS like resisting arrest (before even being arrested, much less having any cause to be arrested), or obstructing an investigation, etc.

JulyAZ
06-08-17, 23:40
Deleted

Moose-Knuckle
06-09-17, 05:07
Patting down 900 people, um yeah I bet it took a while to get to them all and anyone that actually had any contraband about their person had ample time to drop it before Mr. Slippery Fists got to them.

mack7.62
06-09-17, 07:20
900 pat downs? Haven't they heard about drug dogs?

Digital_Damage
06-09-17, 09:55
They had dogs... 30 deputies and locked children in the school refusing to allow parents to talk to anyone. They found nothing.

This guy needs to be fired, and they need to sue to the point if any of the students want to go to Community college it will be paid for.

lowprone
06-09-17, 10:41
Now that was a civics lesson they won't soon forget, Murica !!!