PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite hot sauce?

ABNAK
06-08-17, 19:19
Not necessarily one that is flaming per se, but a spicy one with flavor. Not just hot for the sake of being hot.

My favorite is the plastic bottle with the rooster on it and (it appears to me) Vietnamese writing? It has become my go-to hot/garlic sauce. I put it on most things I eat for dinner, not all but maybe 75%. I used to like garlic Tabasco back in the day, then Cholula chili garlic (which I can't find anymore locally). Now the rooster one is it. Plus you can buy a bottle big enough to last a while.

My wife looks at me like :nono: when I ask her "Do you wanna put some cock sauce on that?"

murphman
06-08-17, 19:26
Not cheap but Pirates Lantern, I dont need something to put it on in order to eat it. When I first tried this one I think I went through 2 bottles in 3-4 days.

https://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Lantern-Pepper-Sauce/dp/B00ZPR4P1I/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1496967896&sr=8-1&keywords=pirates+lantern

sl4mdaddy
06-08-17, 19:28
Tabasco is always my go-to for 'hot sauce'.

Been on a Sriracha kick lately.

Rekkr870
06-08-17, 19:31
Louisiana or Frank's

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Bulletdog
06-08-17, 19:35
What am I putting it on?

I like Sriracha on breakfast burritos. I like the taste of Pace Picante sauce on just about everything else. Cholula or Tapatio are good if there is nothing better. On my tacos al pastor, cooked on the spit, I like the house red sauce. Everywhere I've been that has real al pastor tacos always has a good red sauce for them. In Mexico City I must've eaten al pastor at 30 different places. Loved the red sauce at every single one. Mmmmmm… This is making me hungry.

The best salsas and hot sauces I've ever tasted were all home made family recipes. Usually high in cilantro content.

hotrodder636
06-08-17, 20:04
I believe the one you are referring to with the rooster is sriracha. I too like it on various things.

I think my favorite all around is Texas Pete. Close second would be Chiluba garlic.

Not necessarily one that is flaming per se, but a spicy one with flavor. Not just hot for the sake of being hot.

My favorite is the plastic bottle with the rooster on it and (it appears to me) Vietnamese writing? It has become my go-to hot/garlic sauce. I put it on most things I eat for dinner, not all but maybe 75%. I used to like garlic Tabasco back in the day, then Cholula chili garlic (which I can't find anymore locally). Now the rooster one is it. Plus you can buy a bottle big enough to last a while.

My wife looks at me like :nono: when I ask her "Do you wanna put some cock sauce on that?"

scooter22
06-08-17, 23:05
Crystal.

CRAMBONE
06-09-17, 00:33
My favorite is Tapatio for a general hot sauce.
Wife's is Crystal.

m1a_scoutguy
06-09-17, 00:36
I go back and forth between Tabasco and Franks ! I like the flavor and the zing, I don't care for stuff that burns your face off,,LOL When I lived out West years ago (Montana) I always bought La Victoria,,it had a thermometer on the bottle,,kinda neat ! Always bought the Med stuff but would get the Hot once in awhile,,good stuff. I have never seen it back East but maybe I should look a bit more for it !

Moose-Knuckle
06-09-17, 04:32
Depends on what it's going on . . .

For eggs, breakfast tacos, and pretty much everything I prefer Marie Sharp's Habanero Sauce. I was turned on to it after my FIL picked up some while down in Belize. I buy it by the case.

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/marie-sharp-s.html

Texas Pete's on eggs and in Bloody Mary's.

Cholula, Louisiana, and Tapatío on French fries.

Chicken I prefer Tiger Sauce or Pickapeppa.

Moose-Knuckle
06-09-17, 04:35
Not cheap but Pirates Lantern, I dont need something to put it on in order to eat it. When I first tried this one I think I went through 2 bottles in 3-4 days.

https://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Lantern-Pepper-Sauce/dp/B00ZPR4P1I/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1496967896&sr=8-1&keywords=pirates+lantern

Damn, I'm gonna have to pick up some of that now.

Thanks for the heads up. The link says it is a traditional Barbados sauce, a lot of the sauces I like come from that part of the globe.

ABNAK
06-09-17, 04:46

Thanks for the heads up. The link says it is a traditional Barbados sauce, a lot of the sauces I like come from that part of the globe.

If it's one of the mustard-based Caribbean hot sauces they are excellent on eggs. Picked some up in St. Lucia a few years ago.

Moose-Knuckle
06-09-17, 05:01
If it's one of the mustard-based Caribbean hot sauces they are excellent on eggs. Picked some up in St. Lucia a few years ago.

It appears to be so.

SilverBullet432
06-09-17, 06:09
Louisiana, Texas Pete, Tabasco/Chipotle.

horseman234
06-09-17, 06:25
Panola! Their Jalapeno pepper sauce is one of my favorites, but haven't tried a bad one yet.

http://www.panolapepper.com/store/hot-sauces?sort=20a&page=all

Averageman
06-09-17, 06:54
Valentina "Extra Hot". It has a spicy and smokey flavor and it's not expensive, but sometimes hard to find.

Big A
06-09-17, 07:01
My go to's are Franks, Tobasco Chipotle, regular Tobasco, and Sriracha. Some of the hot sauce brands like Texas Pete, Frank's & Tobasco are doing their own versions of Sriracha now too.

Watrdawg
06-09-17, 07:08
Over all I like the Tobasco Chipotle. If we go into the make your head go numb type sauces there is a wing place in the southeast called Wild Wing Cafe and they have wings and stuff coated with a sauce called Braveheart. It taste great but in about 5 seconds after taking a bite your lips go numb and then by the 2nd wing at most your head is about numb. It's not obnoxious hot and has a great overall taste but it's not for the faint of heart either. Last time I was there i talked the manager into selling me a pint of it to take with me. I put that stuff in chili, over eggs, grilled chicken tenders and wings and whatever else I could think of. It was gone in a couple of weeks.

murphman
06-09-17, 07:21

If you like that style hot sauce you will love Pirates Lantern. There have been times where I was just about drinking the sauce out of the bottle it is so good.

HardToHandle
06-09-17, 07:27
Marie Sharps. All day long.
It is carrot based, so counts for a d,ally vegetable, right?

Ned Christiansen
06-09-17, 07:29
Louisiana and Franks'. Good broad-application sauces, just the right heat and lots of flavor. Inexpensive.

Watrdawg
06-09-17, 07:30
If you like that style hot sauce you will love Pirates Lantern. There have been times where I was just about drinking the sauce out of the bottle it is so good.

I just ordered some of it. Looking forward to trying it out.

ABNAK
06-09-17, 07:39

I looked it up and it appears to be (according to the ingredients) one of the Caribbean mustard-based sauces made with Scotch Bonnet peppers. As I mentioned earlier I like those with eggs, seems to be the sweet spot for that particular food.

tb-av
06-09-17, 08:33
Matouk's

http://www.seatrekbvi.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/matouks_big-500x500.jpg

It is hot, it will stand up to the most robust of stews and if you go easy with it, it's fine on small items like a hamburger but a little goes a long way. It's a habenaro based so it's hot... but it's also fruity.

If I could only have one that would be it. Otherwise for a splash on 'you can nevder have too much' type. Maybe Tabasco, Lousiana, Crystal.. most any. But Matouk's is whole different deal that you have to plan for so to speak. It's a flavor hot and can get a long deep heat or hot burn or just a touch of fire... but you can't slather it on until you get used to it.

THCDDM4
06-09-17, 08:34
Melindas XXXX Habenero sauce. Tasty and hot.
When I want straight heat it's Blairs megadeath sauce and 3 am reserve sauce.

My wife and I make our own hot sauces and those are wonderful.

I'm not into the vinegar heavy sauces like tobasco but when I do want that kind on specific foods it's Cholula.

I prefer the pepper forward hot sauces, hotter the better!

Whiskey_Bravo
06-09-17, 09:18

Just placed an order for a bottle to try it out. I am a hot sauce nut.

scooter22
06-09-17, 09:20
Matouk's

http://www.seatrekbvi.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/matouks_big-500x500.jpg

It is hot, it will stand up to the most robust of stews and if you go easy with it, it's fine on small items like a hamburger but a little goes a long way. It's a habenaro based so it's hot... but it's also fruity.

If I could only have one that would be it. Otherwise for a splash on 'you can nevder have too much' type. Maybe Tabasco, Lousiana, Crystal.. most any. But Matouk's is whole different deal that you have to plan for so to speak. It's a flavor hot and can get a long deep heat or hot burn or just a touch of fire... but you can't slather it on until you get used to it.

That stuff is good. A lil dab will do ya.

murphman
06-09-17, 09:32
Not sure how to imbed a video but here is a link to a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiGxd9K3dwc

MegademiC
06-09-17, 11:10

It's called Sriracha sauce. It's roasted chilies, I believe.

My favorite is the dl Jardines hobanero i think the blazin saddle sauce.

I have melindas (ghost) in the cupboard but haven't opened it. I'm polishing off some ghost pepper sauce my friend got me from hawaii, that's also very good and similar in flavor to the jardines.

The scotch bonnet pepper sauces from the carrier an are very good as well. I'll check out the pirate lantern stuff.

Bulletdog
06-09-17, 11:30
New idea from that other thread.

If I win the Powerball, I'm going to go around the world on a hot sauce tour, and every sauce on this thread will be sampled in its place of origin.

Kain
06-09-17, 11:58
Tabasco is good, Franks, Texas pete, depending on what is in the fridge and personal preference what I am throwing it on. Other than eggs and mexican I don't really use a lot of hot sauce, generally more dry seasonings. Tabasco is probably what I'd hit the most for just fast and generic, though I will admit to having a fair number of those Taco hell packets in the fridge that I use on frozen burritos.

Beyond that, there was a Crazy Mother Puckers Garlic hot sauce that a friend got a hold of one time that was really awesome, good garlic flavor, not too much heat, good overall taste. There was also a liquid lava sauce that was pretty damn good too, lot of heat, so you weren't going to coat something with it, but used sparingly it did enhance the flavor of lots of foods.

BuzzinSATX
06-09-17, 12:23
I keep several in the house and try new ones a lot. Standbys we keep on hand are Franks, Tabasco original, Tabasco Jalapeño, and Sriracha.

I usually have some type of Thai sweet and spicy sauce and a spicy BBQ on hand as well. Y'all in TX, check out the HEB brand Spicy BBQ Sauce. Great for dipping!

On a side note, if you are a Sriracha fan, check out the documentary on Netflix. It was a really cool story about how that company came to be.

http://srirachamovie.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphman
06-09-17, 12:37
So for you guys that like it a little hotter but wont light you up in addition to wanting to venture out of the realm of vinegar hot sauces (and when I say vinegar I mean Louisiana style) then give this one a try.

https://queenmajestyhotsauce.com/products/08-red-habanero-black-coffee-hot-sauce-10oz

Probably my second favorite, I am a firm believer that the grilled cheese is an immensely underrated sandwich and this on a grilled cheese is too legit.

bighawk
06-09-17, 14:27
Sriracha for most stuff but for a few things Crystal is my second favorite.

tb-av
06-09-17, 18:52
My favorite is Tapatio for a general hot sauce.

That is good stuff. Seems like it has something in it that the others don't for that standard red sauce.

tb-av
06-09-17, 19:01
http://www.datildoit.com/shop

Datil Do it is different. I had some of that ages ago down at the Outer Banks. Never could find a place a place to buy it though. Now you can get it on line. I need to order a bottle. It's made from a Datil pepper and tomato based. I recall it being very good and different but can't recall any specifics. Probably a good one to try if you are looking to experiment, and it's cheap.

Hmac
06-09-17, 19:06
I believe the one you are referring to with the rooster is sriracha. I too like it on various things.

The Sriracha also comes in a garlic-chili sauce form. I love cooking with that. For Mexican/Southwest food, I like Cholula Chipotle.

tb-av
06-09-17, 19:43
Tabasco makes all sorts of flavors now too. They have a new raspberry chipotle that actually sounds pretty good.

Jer
06-09-17, 22:47
Horsetooth Hot Sauce (http://www.horsetoothhotsauce.com/) has many good options. I highly recommend checking them out if you can. "Naughty #4" and "The 'O' Face" are my two favorites.

(Edited to add link)

Moose-Knuckle
06-10-17, 04:10
Another one the wife and I both enjoy is Bravado Spice Company's Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce. Great on street tacos!

http://www.texasfood.com/Pineapple-Habanero-Hot-Sauce.html?gclid=CLm15_T4stQCFVG5wAodsK0Lig

Valentina "Extra Hot". It has a spicy and smokey flavor and it's not expensive, but sometimes hard to find.

Local Wal-Mart to me sells every variety of Valentina down the Hispanic food aisle. I use to get that all the time for homemade nachos.

Man I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that does that!

Marie Sharps. All day long.
It is carrot based, so counts for a d,ally vegetable, right?

Well two if you count the habaneros, hah.

MegademiC
06-10-17, 10:56
I had to edit my post above, some misinformation I corrected.

The chili in Hawaii is a fantastic sauce. I almost forgot about the boswells, it's from ohio, and it a staple for me.

Maybe I should do a side-by side of all of them

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/vinnyraf870/20170610_115014_zpsgqzhhckk.jpg (http://s253.photobucket.com/user/vinnyraf870/media/20170610_115014_zpsgqzhhckk.jpg.html)

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-17, 05:03
That DL Jardines is some good stuff.

They make one of the few store bought salsas that I will consume. All of their products are fantastic.

Honu
06-11-17, 15:39
since living in Honduras nothing in a bottle compares to street vendor who knows what was in it stuff :)

I like sauces with chipotle when done well

titsonritz
06-11-17, 17:04
If you like it hot Dave's Insanity Sauce (http://www.hotsauceworld.com/davgourinsau.html), a little dab will do you...

just a scout
06-11-17, 20:56
If you like it hot Dave's Insanity Sauce (http://www.hotsauceworld.com/davgourinsau.html), a little dab will do you...

Made 5 gal of chili at the firehouse. Someone put Dave's Special Reserve in it. Became inedible and we had to through the whole thing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Watrdawg
06-14-17, 10:08
I ordered some of the Pirates Lantern hot sauce last week and it arrived this past Monday. It's definitely as good as others have said!! This is the 1st mustard based sauce I've ever tried and I REALLY like it. It has a definite kick to it but the overall flavor keeps you wanting more. I've tried it on burgers, pulled pork and eggs so far and love it. Next up is going to be grilled wings. I'm thinking this is one of my new favorites!

HCrum87hc
06-14-17, 11:38
I've always wanted to try a lot of different kinds of hot sauces. My current typical vinegar hot sauce go to is actually the Schlotzsky's brand sauce. I usually get a bottle in my stocking at Christmas. I love it on hot dogs and on their sandwiches. I love going to Firehouse due to all of the sauces they have available. I particularly like the Gator Hammock Sauce or the Malinda's Chipotle on a hook and ladder. I've never tried a mustard based hot sauce. I may have to give that Pirate's Lantern a try.

Arik
06-14-17, 11:49
I used to LOVE hot sauce. Used to buy and try any new ones I came across. Used to eat ghost and scorpion peppers. Have some serious hot hot sauces at home. Stuff that one little dab is enough for two meals. Aaaand now I got gastritis! :(. Was given pills to take for the next few months meanwhile no hot foods, no coffee, nothing tomatoe based, no citrus, no chocolate, nothing with too much spice, no beer or alcohol. Mmmm.... rice cakes!!!! That's what everything tastes like now

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OH58D
06-14-17, 11:55
Any and all of it. Rule of thumb in this family: "If you bite into something, it should bite back". I like anything with a little kick. Since my wife's family is from Louisiana, we have been to the Tabasco factory at Avery Island on several occasions. My 18 year old son puts it on almost anything. In fact we have a collection of vintage Tabasco bottles which go back to the 1870s and 1880s. Very collectible.

FYI on the history of the Tabasco bottle. At the end of the Civil War, Edward McIlhenny was starting his hot sauce business, but couldn't find enough glassware to bottle his concoction. During the Civil War a French Perfume maker in New Orleans had dumped a large number of their bottles in the swamp to keep Union Troops from getting any of it. McIlhenny learned of the location and dredged up the perfume bottles. His Tabasco sauce was first sold in former French Perfume bottles, and the shape was kept for the future and to this day.

titsonritz
06-14-17, 12:09
Made 5 gal of chili at the firehouse. Someone put Dave's Special Reserve in it. Became inedible and we had to through the whole thing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL, Yep it is no joke, two or three drops in five gallons is about right. It does have great flavor, just way too easy to go overboard.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-14-17, 12:41
My Pirates Lantern sauce arrived a few days ago. Damn good mustard based sauce. So far it's been on eggs and hamburgers. Has a kick but not too hot, and a really good flavor.

sandman99and9
06-14-17, 13:01
The company I work for has about 150+ sauces for sale. If you live in Florida and shop at Publix, Winn Dixie, or Wallyworld you probably have bought our products, especially the Sriracha sauce as we supply it to all of them. I have seen some crazy hot sauces at the trade shows over the last several years and some are really hot while some are really good but few are both. Always loved the Cholula sauces for good flavor/fire combo and it is easy to find in local stores.

Here is one I saw a while back but have not tried it yet, maybe I will email them for some samples :)

S.M.

yellowfin
06-15-17, 11:28
For varying applications I use Tabasco, Sriracha, Tapatio, Frank's, Crystal, and my own harissa I make at home--harissa and Sriracha I use the most. Cholula is nice as well, also Valentina but with proper caution.

Doc Safari
06-15-17, 13:08
For chips and salsa dip I like Sadie's out of Albuquerque.

For mixing with queso I prefer a locally made Ortega's.

For seafood I prefer Cholula.

In the immortal words of R. Lee Ermey, speaking about military rations, "There's very little that Louisiana hot sauce can't fix."

OH58D
06-15-17, 17:29
For chips and salsa dip I like Sadie's out of Albuquerque.

For mixing with queso I prefer a locally made Ortega's.

For seafood I prefer Cholula.

In the immortal words of R. Lee Ermey, speaking about military rations, "There's very little that Louisiana hot sauce can't fix."
As a Native New Mexican, you have to appreciate our Green Chile. My wife puts it in a lot of dishes. Some favorites are Green Chile Chicken Spaghetti, Potato Soup with Green Chile, etc.

You mentioned Sadie's on 4th Street in Albuquerque. Their Salsa certainly is excellent. If you ever travel US 550 up to Cuba in Sandoval County, try El Bruno's. Traditional old recipe New Mexican food. The owner, Helen, is part of family that has been in the Cuba area (originally named Nacimiento) since the 1770's. Many outside of this State don't realize that New Mexico has it's own cuisine. It's not Mexican food, and it's certainly not Tex-Mex.

Doc Safari
06-15-17, 17:37
. Many outside of this State don't realize that New Mexico has it's own cuisine. It's not Mexican food, and it's certainly not Tex-Mex.

My brother lives in Fort Worth. Not too far from him is a "Mexican" restaurant. On the menu they serve a dish including flat pancake-style stacked enchiladas. The dish is described as "New Mexico Style Enchiladas."

If in Las Cruces, you have to try Nellie's, El Sombrero, La Posta, Andele's, Chilito's, Compa's, Bravo's Cafe, Si Senor, and Mi Pueblito.

You should see the looks I get when I wear my Bravo Company USA cap into Bravo's Cafe. :dance3:

kerplode
06-15-17, 17:42
If you ever travel US 550 up to Cuba in Sandoval County, try El Bruno's. Traditional old recipe New Mexican food. The owner, Helen, is part of family that has been in the Cuba area (originally named Nacimiento) since the 1770's. Many outside of this State don't realize that New Mexico has it's own cuisine. It's not Mexican food, and it's certainly not Tex-Mex.

I might have to check that place out next time I head down to Drunk Town to see the family. Cuba isn't really on the way, but it might be an interesting detour. We've been stopping at Mary and Tito's on 4th in Abq the last few trips...That place is pretty decent.

There really isn't much up here that compares to New Mexican...It's all Tex-Mex and Mex-Mex. So I gotta get my fix while I'm down there.

Re hot sauce, I've pretty much settled on Tapatio for everything.

OH58D
06-15-17, 18:10
My brother lives in Fort Worth. Not too far from him is a "Mexican" restaurant. On the menu they serve a dish including flat pancake-style stacked enchiladas. The dish is described as "New Mexico Style Enchiladas."

If in Las Cruces, you have to try Nellie's, El Sombrero, La Posta, Andele's, Chilito's, Compa's, Bravo's Cafe, Si Senor, and Mi Pueblito.

You should see the looks I get when I wear my Bravo Company USA cap into Bravo's Cafe. :dance3:

I have figured out that if the eatery advertises their food as "Authentic" Mexican food, I avoid it. Everybody claims their chow is "authentic". I don't even know what that means, but it strikes me as an attempt at being deceptive.

I've eaten twice in Las Cruces. Once at the Cattle Baron, and at another place called the Pecan Grill. The latter establishment seemed slightly upper fringe for a cowboy like me. Not that I'm perpetually a dusty, weather-beaten, vagabond of the range, but my boots do sport manure on occasion (almost every day). I did try their Green Chile Stew at the Pecan Grill and it was acceptable. I'll be having a bowl of Green Chile Stew tomorrow evening as an introduction to my Carne Adovada, with red chile so hot it makes my head sweat. Soft corn tortillas are the bread to accompany the meal.

jbjh
06-15-17, 20:28
El Yucateco Red or Green Habanero Hot Sauce. Not too hot (for habanero sauce), but flavorful.

Doc Safari
06-16-17, 08:54
I have figured out that if the eatery advertises their food as "Authentic" Mexican food, I avoid it. Everybody claims their chow is "authentic". I don't even know what that means, but it strikes me as an attempt at being deceptive.

I've eaten twice in Las Cruces. Once at the Cattle Baron, and at another place called the Pecan Grill. The latter establishment seemed slightly upper fringe for a cowboy like me. Not that I'm perpetually a dusty, weather-beaten, vagabond of the range, but my boots do sport manure on occasion (almost every day). I did try their Green Chile Stew at the Pecan Grill and it was acceptable. I'll be having a bowl of Green Chile Stew tomorrow evening as an introduction to my Carne Adovada, with red chile so hot it makes my head sweat. Soft corn tortillas are the bread to accompany the meal.

Pecan Grill is horrible.

For green chile stew: Andele's or El Sombrero. Remember that show "Man vs. Food" where he's eating something hot and pounding his fist on the table it's so hot? El Sombrero's green chile stew is about that hot. I had trouble finishing a bowl last time I ate it--but what a way to die!

Rosie's Cafe makes the best read chile meat. Something about their red chile makes me suspicious they had supernatural help.

As far as "authentic Mexican" unfortunately there are more and more places that really do make like in Mexico versus how they make it in New Mexico and it's just not as good. If you like your posole without any chile in it, by all means try the "authentic" Mexican cuisine at Delicia's.

I almost forgot Los Mariachis, across from the county building in Las Cruces. Really good stuff. Then there is La Nueva Casita in the old part of town on Mesquite street.

Dang. I just don't get to eat at these places often enough.

If I travel to Las Cruces, it's usually on Saturday and a lot of those places are PACKED.

jbjh
06-16-17, 11:17

Those sound like pupusas! El Salvador yumminess! One of the pluses of living in Los Angeles is that you can find real food, as opposed to "authentic".

Every year, a buddy of mine goes back to New Mexico where he grew up and brings back green chiles. Then a couple of weeks of cooking begins.

Anyone got a good posole recipe?

Doc Safari
06-16-17, 13:58
Those sound like pupusas! El Salvador yumminess! One of the pluses of living in Los Angeles is that you can find real food, as opposed to "authentic".

No, totally different. I probably confused you when I used the words "pancake style." I did that to differentiate between rolled enchiladas, whicn more people are familiar with.

http://missmochi.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-mexican-style-enchiladas.html

(The picture is a good illustration, but don't take the recipe too seriously. For one thing I literally know NO ONE who uses olives in their enchiladas. And Canola Oil? Puh-lease.)

OH58D
06-17-17, 17:28
No, totally different. I probably confused you when I used the words "pancake style." I did that to differentiate between rolled enchiladas, whicn more people are familiar with.

(The picture is a good illustration, but don't take the recipe too seriously. For one thing I literally know NO ONE who uses olives in their enchiladas. And Canola Oil? Puh-lease.)
That's nasty looking. Since it's Miss Mochi, I'm guessing some Japanese cook running that joint.

I had my New Mexican dinner last night; Carne Adovada with thin slices of pork marinated in course red Chile. Served with black beans and rice. The appetizer was Green Chile Stew comprised of pork cubes, potatoes, and green Chile that has been run through a blender, and some other spices. All served with soft corn tortillas. Most Friday nights we serve dinner to our ranch foreman and his family, and two of our wranglers. Big table and good food.

CLHC
06-17-17, 18:41
Adoboloco (http://adoboloco.com/)

Suited just right for my palate.

Turnkey11
06-18-17, 12:53
Yucateco or Valentina for me.

CLHC
06-18-17, 15:03
In this instance, goes good with Musubi!

Doc Safari
06-19-17, 09:18
That's nasty looking. Since it's Miss Mochi, I'm guessing some Japanese cook running that joint.

I had my New Mexican dinner last night; Carne Adovada with thin slices of pork marinated in course red Chile. Served with black beans and rice. The appetizer was Green Chile Stew comprised of pork cubes, potatoes, and green Chile that has been run through a blender, and some other spices. All served with soft corn tortillas. Most Friday nights we serve dinner to our ranch foreman and his family, and two of our wranglers. Big table and good food.

You should be using pinto beans. I laugh whenever I see a Mexican recipe with black or kidney beans. That's the mark of someone "not from around here." LOL.

jbjh
07-02-17, 03:26

Ah. I've had those. They were not on the menu as enchiladas, but I forget what the place called them (I might have had some beers beforehand).

NC_DAVE
07-02-17, 23:47
http://www.addictionsauces.com

Bhut jolokia while made from ghost peppers it is not as hot as many habanero sauces. It is full of flavor and out does any and every sauce I have had. The others are pretty good but the jolokia is on point.

M4Fundi
07-03-17, 02:47
Tobasco for overseas as it carries in a pack unrefrigerated for months
Crystal is good for Cajun and seafood
Green Tobasco is the bomb on caviar, trout, sour cream omelettes- something perfect here.
Cholula for most Mexican food
Sriracha is amazing on lots of things and can make the most bland soups great
Marie Sharps Habanero is all the great flavor of the Habanero pepper without the stupid heat that comes with most Habanero hot sauces
Chick Fil A Buffalo sauce can be drank ;-)