PDA

View Full Version : SEALS tactical scopes

G27gear
10-01-08, 08:05
Has anyone handled one of these scopes?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111399013
It says it's comparable to a Nightforce. It sounds like what I'm looking for. But, the extream price difference makes me wonder where they are cutting costs.

twodollarbill
10-01-08, 10:41
Chinese knock-off!!!!
I have Leupold Mark4's that I bought almost 20 years ago that have served me well.
I don't have to question their quality or explain to anyone what they are.
If you want a "Nightforce" quality scope......buy a Nightforce.

Iraq Ninja
10-01-08, 10:41
The box looks like the typical Chinese stuff. They claim to have Japanese glass, but all that means is that the glass was made in Japan. What I think happens, is that someone orders a bunch of scopes from China, and they put a special brand name on it. Thus, someone thought that SEALS would help to sell it. You can see similar scopes at gun shows all the time, with different names.

I would not trust my life to it...

Cold Zero
10-01-08, 10:52
It says it's comparable to a Nightforce.

It also says SEALS, implying the real SEALS use it:rolleyes:. Maybe they do, for a paperweight....:eek:

andre3k
10-01-08, 10:55
I saw a guy with a Barrett M82 at the range and had one of those scopes. I had to scratch my head on that one.

G27gear
10-01-08, 12:46
I figured as much. I just hadn't heard anything about it. The whole "seals" name made me think it was kind of cheesy. Same with the "super sniper" but I've heard some good things about those.
Thanks for the replys. Looks like I'll just save up and not go with an "while I'm saving I'll just use this" scope.

SperlingPE
10-02-08, 11:43
Don't be fooled
Marketing ploy

G27gear
10-02-08, 11:51
Without starting another thread; what about the "Super Sniper" line of scopes? also cheap junk?

Littlelebowski
10-02-08, 11:52
Nope. Very good scopes for the price. Buy in confidence.

G27gear
10-02-08, 12:22
They have some pretty good prices for those Super Sniper scopes. I may have to look into those some more. Thanks for the advice.

Littlelebowski
10-02-08, 12:24
We had a friend of mine go through our class at LRI (http://longrangeinternational.com/forum) using a Super Sniper. He had no problem ringing steel with it at 1000 yards in inclement weather.

MH64
10-02-08, 19:40
Have seen those 'seal' scopes in person at local fun shows, cheap, cheap scopes.
You get what you pay for.

Damascus
10-02-08, 20:14
I'll ask another one in the same concept - What about "Counter Sniper" brand scopes? Cheap knock-off's or an up-and-coming Nightforce?

G27gear
10-03-08, 10:12
For the price, I hope they're not knockoffs. I'd like to see some more information on them though...

Iraq Ninja
10-03-08, 13:34
I'll ask another one in the same concept - What about "Counter Sniper" brand scopes? Cheap knock-off's or an up-and-coming Nightforce?

They seem to be generally ignored as being over hyped imported scopes, and marketed to the ignorant. They must sell enough though, since their ghastly adverts are still commonly seen in magazines. They also seem to be disconnected with the online community. They are part of Dark Ops Holdings, who I think also make the hellfire flashlight and some underwhelming knives as well.

G27gear
10-03-08, 14:40
I couldn't get a clear look at the scopes on some of the websites I looked at, but one looked like it had a SOCCOM emblem on it. That sent up a red flag for me, same as the cheesy name. You never know though...