PDA

View Full Version : Tried the new Magpul XTM rail panels

maximus83
10-01-08, 10:33
Tried these recently and really like their appearance, and the overall "fit" on the rifle, but don't know how they'll hold up to hard use yet. They seem to snap together firmly and don't leave gaps, they have a nice "flush" appearance on the rails, and they are "low profile" so they don't add hardly any visible bulk to your front end.

To me the biggest advantage of these rail covers is the flexibility to just pull a pair of them off your rail anywhere that you need to expose a couple inches of rail surface, without having to do any cutting/sizing of panels.

Grant has some in at G&R Tactical, along with a picture:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=XTM

Magsz
10-01-08, 13:47
Ive got a couple sets of these wrapped around my MRP and i really dig them. They're extremely comfortable and the low profile makes them ideal for anyone that has smaller hands.

I found my TD panels to be somewhat thick.

The price is also VERY right for these things.

RogerinTPA
10-01-08, 16:02
I just got mine in yesterday in a variety of colors. I liked the option of mixing and matching the pieces. They do fit well, good construction and I also like the lower profile.

mmike87
10-01-08, 19:54
I like them a lot. I hate attaching the other rail covers, and I have broken more than one in the past. The XTM were just what I was waiting for. And they are less expensive, too. Not having to cut panels is nice if I ever want to move them around to a different gun, or change a configuration.

It took some hunting, but I got some of each color and mixed and matched them. It's purely a "cool" effect (nothing wrong with cool if it's functional, too) but I think it looks good.