PDA

View Full Version : Review: The Great Wall

WillBrink
06-12-17, 08:47
Matt Damon and crew go monster hunting. Good cheesy fun, but nothing memorable. Some funny dialogue between Damon and Tovar, and Jing Tian cute as a button in her Power Ranger outfit but not the least bit convincing in her part. Why Willem Dafoe is in this movie I have no idea... The monsters are generic and uninspired and the CGI disappointing in spots. A fantasy epic wanna be - a Chine version of LOR - that failed to deliver. C+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avF6GHyyk5c

kwelz
06-12-17, 14:25
I thought it was a fun Popcorn movie. Worth the matinee price.

WillBrink
06-12-17, 14:29
I thought it was a fun Popcorn movie. Worth the matinee price.

As a rental, good cheesy fun. Had I paid typical movie theater prices, not so much, but nothing with Damon in it would get me into a theater regardless.

kwelz
06-12-17, 14:34
As a rental, good cheesy fun. Had I paid typical movie theater prices, not so much, but nothing with Damon in it would get me into a theater regardless.

We have a local theater that does 5 dollar tickets on Tuesdays. Buddy and I like to hit the B movies like this on those days.
Makes it worth it.

MegademiC
06-12-17, 17:05
Matt Damon and crew go monster hunting. Good cheesy fun, but nothing memorable. Some funny dialogue between Damon and Tovar, and Jing Tian cute as a button in her Power Ranger outfit but not the least bit convincing in her part. Why Willem Dafoe is in this movie I have no idea... The monsters are generic and uninspired and the CGI disappointing in spots. A fantasy epic wanna be - a Chine version of LOR - that failed to deliver. C+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avF6GHyyk5c

Liberal Matt Damon and hollywood playing in/put out a movie that glorifies a wall? A border? Say it ain't so!

I may redbox it if Yall say it's good.

Honu
06-12-17, 17:13
Liberal Matt Damon and hollywood playing in/put out a movie that glorifies a wall? A border? Say it ain't so!

I may redbox it if Yall say it's good.

watch out he is a bourne killer !!!! and will not care!!

SteyrAUG
06-12-17, 17:43
Looks like one I can safely ignore.

austinN4
06-12-17, 18:01
We have a local theater that does 5 dollar tickets on Tuesdays. Makes it worth it.

Hardly worth $5. The DVDs I get from Netflix cost me about a buck fifty each and I only broke even on this movie.

Honu
06-12-17, 21:16
stream online for free :)

Moose-Knuckle
06-13-17, 05:01
I average about five films a week, based of the CGI bukkake factor alone this is one that I will never see.

Though I did lol irl when Matt Damon was accused of "cultural appropriation" by his own ilk when this released.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-13-17, 10:57
This movie looks so amazingly awful. I can not even begin to assume the motivation of Matt Damon to do this flick beyond $$$. If I want to see an all CGI movie, I'll watch Guardians of the Galaxy again and have a great time. This one...just no.

WillBrink
06-13-17, 12:12
This movie looks so amazingly awful. I can not even begin to assume the motivation of Matt Damon to do this flick beyond $$$. If I want to see an all CGI movie, I'll watch Guardians of the Galaxy again and have a great time. This one...just no.

I have seen worse, but no, it's not one you set a night aside to watch either.