PDA

View Full Version : KNS pushbutton quick take-down pins

maximus83
10-01-08, 13:13
Has anyone tried the KNS quick take-down pins, where you can just push the button to quickly remove the pin and take down your AR? I guess the main motive for using these, aside from faster/easier take-down, is reduced wear on the pin holes caused by standard pins.

KNS pushbutton quick release pins (http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=TAKEDP&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DKNSP)

markm
10-01-08, 13:25
They give me a more consistent trigger pull!

AMMOTECH
10-01-08, 14:07

:D I'm going to skip this one.

PRGGodfather
10-01-08, 14:40
I tried the KNS push-button takedown and pivot pins on an older Colt screw-pivot model, to avoid having to unscrew the pivot pin every time I wanted to separate the upper and lower.

Didn't care for them, and the quick detach wasn't that quick, either. I ended up tapping a slot to install a pivot pin spring and detent, and now you cannot tell it was a ever a screw-pivot.

I thought the KNS pins stunk. YMMV.

khc3
10-01-08, 21:56
I have one for a Colt MT lower that had the screw/pin. It works OK, but I will eventually send the lower to ADCO to be drilled for the detent/spring.

Robb Jensen
10-01-08, 22:11

87 times more consistent..........bladed too!

CarlosDJackal
10-03-08, 15:18

I must be missing something. Would you mind explaining how the take down pin can affect your trigger pull (positively or negatively)? Thanks in advanced!!

markm
10-03-08, 15:26
It's a wise ass crack in reference to the KNS hammer and trigger pins. You see.... you have two types of KNS fire control group pin users, and they're on both ends of the spectrum....

Experienced competition/precision shooters, and....... DUMB ASSES!!

The experienced shooters realize improved trigger pull. I was just teasing those guys!

The dumb asses just buy anything that's aftermarket because nothing stock is good enough for their high speed skills!

Fringe
10-03-08, 21:13
I love when anything KNS pops up. You can always count on Mark to add a lot of great humor and advise.
Keep it up Mark!

maximus83
10-04-08, 02:22
I must be missing something. Would you mind explaining how the take down pin can affect your trigger pull (positively or negatively)? Thanks in advanced!!

I kinda' missed that one too--didn't really get what the receiver takedown pins that I was asking about had to do with the trigger or hammer and trigger pins. Oh well. :p

ARin
10-06-08, 11:58

Mark is the CEO of KNS...pushing product pads his wallet.

JBnTX
10-06-08, 13:19
.... I guess the main motive for using these, aside from faster/easier take-down, is reduced wear on the pin holes caused by standard pins.....

Is that a common problem people have with AR-15 type rifles?

I've never seen any excessive wear caused by the factory pins?

markm
10-06-08, 13:50
Is that a common problem people have with AR-15 type rifles?

I've never seen any excessive wear caused by the factory pins?

It's just another silly KNS product. Don't look for a real reason behind it. Look at some of the aftermarket front sight post replacements they sell... That'll give you some insight into the brilliant minds at KNS. :rolleyes:

CarlosDJackal
10-07-08, 16:32
Ooh!! Ha-ha!! Humor!! I still don't get it? :confused: