PDA

View Full Version : Possible Slamfire Cause?

chenevat13245
06-15-17, 17:01
Hello all, I was hoping to get a few ideas for my problem.

I had training today and brought my personal rifle to use. Its a complete spikes tactical upper and bcg with an assembled Palmetto State Armory lower with their Enhanced Polished Trigger Kit. It's marketed as a single stage trigger.

Through 90 rounds i experienced 3 bursts. Twice while shooting under a car, the third on the square range trying to determine if I actually experienced what I thought. (no one else seemed to notice). I was shooting relatively fast and riding the reset when it occurred. I downed the gun and while trying to diagnose the issue at home, it seems that if i pull the trigger then back it off off the rear wall slightly, i can bring the hammer back by hand and it will not get caught by the trigger, nor the disconnector. I can do this pretty consistently if i find that sweet spot. the same thing happens if i pull the bolt back, and let it forward, it appears thehammer willride the bolt home. (trigger doesn't reset).

I want a second opinion that it is probably the disconnector. Has anyone ever had this issue? The parts will be coming out of the lower tonight to save any confusion with the fellow authorities and hopefully a new disconnector or complete lower parts kit will be on order.

Thank guys.

JulyAZ
06-15-17, 17:20
Pics of your trigger group would be beneficial to assist you.

Clint
06-15-17, 17:24
Not technically slam fire, but my lunch money says it's the disconnector causing fire on release.

The easiest and safest route is replacement of the disconnector or complete FCG.

Check out this sticky thread for full details.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?171260-Public-Service-Announcment-check-for-fire-on-release-triggers

chenevat13245
06-15-17, 17:36
Not technically slam fire, but my lunch money says it's the disconnector causing fire on release.

The easiest and safest route is replacement of the disconnector or complete FCG.

Check out this sticky thread for full details.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?171260-Public-Service-Announcment-check-for-fire-on-release-triggers

tom12.7
06-15-17, 17:38
That's a big bag of variables of questionable parts to look at. While the disconnector function to the hammer may be the problem, that function issue may be rooted in other issues aside from an otherwise functional disconnector to hammer interface. There's a lot to look at here. Without the ability to look at and inspect the parts first hand, it would be difficult to see what a root cause or causes could possibly be?

tom12.7
06-15-17, 17:52
I should have included that I've seen this from something as simple as the disconnector spring installed upside down, all the way to a improperly machined lower. It's a big mixed bag of variables for cause(s). There's a lot that I would like to look into. There's many things that could cause this.

markm
06-15-17, 19:40
Trigger group is trash.

3 AE
06-16-17, 01:09
I would just spend $45.00 for an ALG QMS Trigger Group and take it from there.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=QMS&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DALGD

Did you have any problems with the PSA trigger group prior to your class?

26 Inf
06-16-17, 10:44
Trigger group is trash.

What makes you think that other than PSA?

I'm asking because I absent gaping chips or missing angles you, I don't think you can tell from pictures.

JulyAZ
06-16-17, 10:47
Deleted

26 Inf
06-16-17, 10:59
OP - if you decide you need to replace the trigger group, currently that is about 4.00 lower than market average. I have both the PSA EPT and the QMS. Biggest difference is that my QMS has almost zero takeup. I like it.

I would just spend $45.00 for an ALG QMS Trigger Group and take it from there.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=QMS&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DALGD

Did you have any problems with the PSA trigger group prior to your class?

jbjh
06-16-17, 11:43
Western Sport has Sionics Enhanced Trigger group on sale for $49.95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stwings
06-18-17, 07:57
Hello all, I was hoping to get a few ideas for my problem.

I had training today and brought my personal rifle to use. Its a complete spikes tactical upper and bcg with an assembled Palmetto State Armory lower with their Enhanced Polished Trigger Kit. It's marketed as a single stage trigger.

Through 90 rounds i experienced 3 bursts. Twice while shooting under a car, the third on the square range trying to determine if I actually experienced what I thought. (no one else seemed to notice). I was shooting relatively fast and riding the reset when it occurred. I downed the gun and while trying to diagnose the issue at home, it seems that if i pull the trigger then back it off off the rear wall slightly, i can bring the hammer back by hand and it will not get caught by the trigger, nor the disconnector. I can do this pretty consistently if i find that sweet spot. the same thing happens if i pull the bolt back, and let it forward, it appears thehammer willride the bolt home. (trigger doesn't reset).

I want a second opinion that it is probably the disconnector. Has anyone ever had this issue? The parts will be coming out of the lower tonight to save any confusion with the fellow authorities and hopefully a new disconnector or complete lower parts kit will be on order.

Thank guys.