PDA

View Full Version : Armed citizen captures escaped killers

WillBrink
06-16-17, 12:10
Fox covering this. if CNN et al cover it as all it will be a blip because guns in the hands of citizens can't be a good thing.

A Tennessee homeowner held two escaped inmates wanted in the killing of two prison guards at gunpoint Thursday until authorities arrived and made the arrests.

Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Bill Miller said late Thursday that the homeowner caught Donnie Rowe and Ricky Dubose trying to steal his vehicle.

Miller says the escaped Georgia inmates had crashed a car while being chased by law enforcement and fled on foot into woods along Interstate 24 near the rural community of Christiana.

Cont:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16/hero-homeowner-holds-escaped-georgia-inmates-at-gunpoint-until-arrests.html

nml
06-16-17, 12:19
Good news is he had assistance from a neighbor. Don't recommend holding multiple suspects by your lonesome.

Singlestack Wonder
06-16-17, 12:36
Had a similar incident happen near my town several weeks ago. Two perps broke into a house and killed the occupant (ultimate reason not known). As they were sneaking thru the neighbor's yard to get away, the neighbor approached them with a 12 gauge shotgun, made them lie face down on the ground, and called the sheriff's office to send deputies while covering them with the shotgun. The sheriff's department gave him accolades for his actions.

Its refreshing to see accounts of civilians with firearms making a positive difference in today's media...

Coal Dragger
06-16-17, 13:30
Looks like a profitable morning for the two neighbors. I assume they get to split the $130,000 reward?

SteyrAUG
06-16-17, 14:30
Glad it all went well, thought for sure those turds would find their way to Florida.

WillBrink
06-16-17, 14:34
Glad it all went well, thought for sure those turds would find their way to Florida.

Funny I was thinking the same thing when I'd heard they escaped. They'd fit right in with a good % of the population with all those tats.

titsonritz
06-16-17, 15:00
Sounds like someone has a $130K payday coming. BZ, this is suppose to be how it works.

GH41
06-16-17, 15:43
Good news is he had assistance from a neighbor. Don't recommend holding multiple suspects by your lonesome.

No problem at all if you shoot both of them in the groin.

ABNAK
06-16-17, 15:47
Sounds like someone has a $130K payday coming. BZ, this is suppose to be how it works.

Nope, heard on the radio the GA agency offering the reward has some bullshit excuse, something along the lines of "It was law enforcement who ultimately took them into custody". Well no shit Sherlock! Something tells me this may change when it's all said and done......

Also, Christiana is where Ronnie Barret's factory and gun shop (The Outpost Armory) is located. Been there several times.

Straight Shooter
06-16-17, 15:51
Nope, heard on the radio the GA agency offering the reward has some bullshit excuse, something along the lines of "It was law enforcement who ultimately took them into custody". Well no shit Sherlock! Something tells me this may change when it's all said and done......

Also, Christiana is where Ronnie Barret's factory and gun shop (The Outpost Armory) is located. Been there several times.

Me too..they DEFINATELY picked the wrong spot to bail!

duece71
06-16-17, 17:59
No problem at all if you shoot both of them in the groin.

A shot to each of their loins would be a help to society. Preferably with 12 gauge 00 buck. Just to make sure.

Sam
06-16-17, 20:31
Homeowner didn't have to draw his gun, the two scumbags just surrendered. They ran out of bullets shooting at the police during the car chase. They probably realized they better give up or they will get shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rz-Wd6KYdQ

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-16-17, 22:08

Gotta love Tennessee! Call the neighbor and posse up! Those escapes are lucky that those two weren't hillbilly versions of the shop owners in Pulp Fiction.

Moose-Knuckle
06-17-17, 05:57
To bad these two didn't flinch why the home owner's gun was trained upon them.

After murdering two correctional officers, I'm sure their stay will be pleasant when they get back to prison.

Does GA execute people?

I hope these two get the death penalty.

ABNAK
06-17-17, 06:48

After murdering two correctional officers, I'm sure their stay will be pleasant when they get back to prison.

Does GA execute people?

I believe they do and I'm sure they will (someday).

Vandal
06-17-17, 08:17

Does GA execute people?

After a few decades of appeals, medical care, TV, meals, book deals and a Lifetime Network made for TV movie. Then maybe, they will get the needle.

Sam
06-17-17, 16:50
GA does execute, but after years of appeal. They executed one this year.

26 Inf
06-17-17, 18:38
GA does execute, but after years of appeal. They executed one this year.

Their lives will be miserable, regardless of the facility they go to. Even the most upright correctional officers will do everything legally and ethically possible to make those two's lives miserable. I hope.

Ed L.
06-18-17, 03:06
It turns out no citizens took the criminals at gunpoint. The criminals surrendered to a guy in a car in a driveway that resembled a police car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rz-Wd6KYdQ

Weird situation. If I follow the story correctly, the criminals were previously armed with weapons that they took from the guards they killed but lost them in a car wreck? Is this correct?

The guy interviewed mentioned that he had loaded every gun in his house after getting a call that these guys were in the area. Then he saw them climbing over a barbed wire fence a few hundred yards behind his house and had the choice of between getting in his car and leaving or locking himself and his daughter in the panic room in his house. The fact that he had something he referred to as a panic room indicated he had given some forethought having to defend himself in his home.

Also, the guy interviewed mentioned that he had another car--a truck with a loaded shotgun in it and the keys in it in the front of his house that he was hoping that the criminals would not go to. Not a very good idea--especially when you are worried about escaped killers in the neighborhood.

This was separate from the car that he was in that he said resembled a police car.

It sounds like he really lucked out. From what I gathered of his attitude--and I could be totally wrong--he did not seem like he was ready to go Doc Holiday if he needed to.

Moose-Knuckle
06-18-17, 05:32
The guy interviewed mentioned that he had loaded every gun in his house after getting a call that these guys were in the area. Then he saw them climbing over a barbed wire fence a few hundred yards behind his house and had the choice of between getting in his car and leaving or locking himself and his daughter in the panic room in his house. The fact that he had something he referred to as a panic room indicated he had given some forethought having to defend himself in his home.

To bad he didn't have a carbine with some 1x4 glass . . . easy pick'ns for several hundred yards out.

But props go to him for at least having the forethought to; own multiple guns, have a panic room, defend his daughter, and his home instead of "escape out the back" and let the savages do as they please.

26 Inf
06-18-17, 15:00
Uh, Sam posted that in big bold faced letters yesterday.

Two posts above where you posted this: To bad these two didn't flinch why the home owner's gun was trained upon them.

Ed L.
06-18-17, 18:07

Two posts above where you posted this: To bad these two didn't flinch why the home owner's gun was trained upon them.

The home owner never held a gun on them. They surrendered to him, possibly thinking he was a cop because of his car. Quite frankly I am surprised that they did not run.

ABNAK
06-18-17, 19:19
The home owner never held a gun on them. They surrendered to him, possibly thinking he was a cop because of his car. Quite frankly I am surprised that they did not run.

My suspicion is that they thought the cops would "execute" them since they had already killed two corrections officers. Maybe surrendering to a non-LEO was what they thought would spare them (for another 20-30 years until they hopefully see the needle)?

26 Inf
06-18-17, 23:49

Yes, I know. Sam posted in huge letters 'Homeowner didn't have to draw his gun, the two scumbags just surrendered' and the same video you posted on 6/16/17 @ 20:21.

A couple of folks posted things about 'posse-ing up' and 'To bad these two didn't flinch why the home owner's gun was trained upon them' in two subsequent posts.

It seemed to be a comprehension fail on their parts.

I shouldn't have mentioned it, kind of jerkish.

Moose-Knuckle
06-19-17, 04:43

Uh, did the home owner AT THE TIME possess the knowledge that the two escaped felons that had just murdered two correctional officers, took some homeowners hostage, and that were all over the local news that were reporting them in the area as ARMED AND DANGEROUS were in fact unarmed?

A couple of folks posted things about 'posse-ing up' and 'To bad these two didn't flinch why the home owner's gun was trained upon them' in two subsequent posts.

It seemed to be a comprehension fail on their parts.

I shouldn't have mentioned it, kind of jerkish.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4238/35400999575_257dd0c7cf_z.jpg