PDA

View Full Version : Is a Kreb's AK-47 as good as an Arsenal

bigthunder223
10-01-08, 16:16
I am looking for a quality AK.I am going to purchase a Krebs or an Arsenal.Any suggestions or opinions?

Jay Cunningham
10-01-08, 16:20
Krebs makes custom conversions. Arsenal makes factory rifles. Any particular Krebs model?

bigthunder223
10-01-08, 21:47
I was looking at the Krebs KTR-08.

No Bananas
10-01-08, 22:48
I have both a Krebs AK-103K and an Arsenal SLR-107CR. Both were about the same $. In terms of accuracy, I'd say they shoot about the same, with a slight edge going to the Krebs (maybe another shooter would experience vice-versa). Never a malfunction in either rifle. I got Krebs awesome rear aperture sight w/ the 103K/ Really like it. The Krebs is more controlable as it has a 14" (or so) bbl. w/ perm- attached AK74 type brake(to bring it to legal 16" length). The 107CR has no muzzle attachment. The fit and finish on the Krebs is much better than the Arsenal. I could see how folks might go for the Krebs for that same reason alone. If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the Krebs.

*One note on the Krebs. Their customer service is good, but if you order direct from Krebs and they don't have the rifle in-stock you may be waiting for a while.

nickdrak
10-02-08, 01:13
I was looking at the Krebs KTR-08.

Im not crazy about the end product on the KTR-08, especially when compared to the original KTR-03. The 08 was apparently designed to come up with a similar end product to the 03 with a less labor intensive approach. If you can find a KTR-03 on the market (unlikely, but possible) I would not hesitate to jump all over it. The KTR-03 rules!

Otherwise, I think you would be better off getting a Krebs 103K, (Krebs also currently has a sweet AK-104 Saiga conversion on consignment at his shop) and add a Ultimak rail.

As far as the Krebs or Arsenal comparison goes, Arsenal make very nice, high quality AK's, but the attention to detail that Krebs puts into his AK's is second to none, and very cleanly executed. Enough so to put a warm and fuzzy feeling in your belly.... If that type of thing is important to you!

Elkhound
10-02-08, 05:01
I know this is not the sales thread and I'm not trying to hijack your thread. However, I have an unfired Krebs conversion that may fit your bill. Feel free to send me a pm if you would like more info.

Elkhound

fireftrjef
10-02-08, 19:10
I just got a Krebs last week. Mine is an AK-103K, with the Bulgarian flash suppressor.

I can't compare it to an Arsenal AK since I've never owned an Arsenal, but I am very pleased with it. Super clean, perfect finish. I don't know if they boresight them or something like that but mine was super accurate right out of the box, it didn't need any adjustments when I zeroed it.

f.2
10-02-08, 20:10
I saw Elkhound's ad [ * cough (http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=26) * ] - I would jump on it in a heartbeat if I didn't have a few things going on already.

I know this is not the sales thread and I'm not trying to hijack your thread. However, I have an unfired Krebs conversion that may fit your bill. Feel free to send me a pm if you would like more info.

Elkhound

bigthunder223
10-02-08, 21:34
elkhound,
I won the auction for the Arsenal SA M-7 A1R. I paid more for it than I should have, but I got caught up in a bidding war with some
as*h%le;probably the guy selling the rifle.I think I will be happy with it.
Be patient with your rifle,it will sell.People have contracted Obamaidous.