PDA

View Full Version : Aeti universal vs fitted rmr cut.

MegademiC
06-19-17, 14:36
Why would you pay more for the fitted rmr cut? Could the universal break rmrs? Lead to accuracy problems? What's the user-seen benefit of the extra $80?

Defaultmp3
06-19-17, 14:47
Why would you pay more for the fitted rmr cut? Could the universal break rmrs? Lead to accuracy problems? What's the user-seen benefit of the extra $80?A fitted RMR in theory has less stress placed on it during recoil, as the entire body is being supported by the slide, rather than just the screws and recoil bosses. This means greater lifespan/reliability of the RMR; with the advent of the Type 2, this benefit becomes even less useful, given the superior contacts and electronics durability of the Type 2, though it is still not a bad thing to have.

themonk
06-19-17, 15:07
Fitted can help when you change out batteries on the RMR for your return to zero to be very close.

MStarmer
06-19-17, 16:57
I have a fitted one and can tell you that I could probably run it without screws. I would say that there is virtually no stress on the fasteners themselves other than to keep it secured downward, as stated return to zero is absolute. Personally I wanted the strongest setup possible and on a reciprocating assy this is it. If you aren't going to go with the fitted might as well just go MOS.

MegademiC
06-19-17, 20:52
Good stuff - thanks guys. Looks like I'll be going fitted.

Wake27
06-20-17, 07:22
I wish ATEi made caps, I don't know if they'd work with fitted cuts though.

dougwg
06-20-17, 09:13
Because of the tight fit between the slide and the RMR there is no POA (point of aim) shift if you drop the gun, fall on it or rack it off hard surfaces.
These are the main reasons why I custom fit the RMR to the slide.

MegademiC
06-23-17, 05:04
Because of the tight fit between the slide and the RMR t
here is no POA (point of aim) shift if you drop the gun, fall on it or rack it off hard surfaces.
These are the main reasons why I custom fit the RMR to the slide.

Thanks, hopefully I'll have something coming your way in a few weeks.