PDA

View Full Version : Review: Fist Fight

WillBrink
06-19-17, 16:34
Some movies are stupid and predictable and still funny as sh&%. Ice Cube and Charlie Day are perfect in their parts and the supporting cast all add to the silly good raunchy fun. It's an equal opportunity offender comedy with some great comedic timing in parts. It's raunchy low brow humor to be sure, but I like low brow if it's done right, and for the most part, Fist Fight was done right. B+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVBj2o_3mg

Honu
06-19-17, 17:42
another 80s remake :)
ahhh hollywood has nothing left

could be funny from preview but sadly wish there was original content coming out these days :)

WillBrink
06-19-17, 17:47
another 80s remake :)
ahhh hollywood has nothing left

could be funny from preview but sadly wish there was original content coming out these days :)

It's a remake of an 80s movie?

Honu
06-19-17, 19:05
same premise as 3 o'clock high :)

not exact but remake as far as plot idea etc..

not a bad thing just wish we could get more original ideas or screen plays that have not been done to come out as movies

a film forum forgot the post was reading something about all but 3 80s movies have been rehashed :) forgot which one they were but just seems hollywood is really stale these days and has lost creativity and have to agree so many sequels that fail because well its easy or lazy

quite a few direct remakes also like top gun 2 etc....

interesting to me at least very few movies are that good anymore ? or blow you away like we have had in past
yet it seems many network style shows are in some ways more creative etc..
house of cards as example but kinda went off the deep end :)
breaking bad
game of thrones
marco polo

in many ways I see watching a season of those shows much more entertaining and often more engaging more plot more character depth and in many ways it seems filmed better than movies
again just a generalization :)

_Stormin_
06-19-17, 19:49
in many ways I see watching a season of those shows much more entertaining and often more engaging more plot more character depth and in many ways it seems filmed better than movies

As a simply point, in a dozen half hour episodes you have six hours to work with in character and plot development. That's a short run season of these shows. Most are longer episodes or more episodes, if not both. A full run (24 episodes) of an hour network show (42 minutes less commercials) gives you almost seventeen hours of time to run through a narrative.

Hollywood gets around two hours... Unless you're actually plan on making a series of six or seven films, there simply isn't the time in film that there is in television.

They generally have larger budgets for more impressive effects, locations, and overall production, but at the end of the day 120 minutes is it (and that's a long movie).

Honu
06-19-17, 19:52
As a simply point, in a dozen half hour episodes you have six hours to work with in character and plot development. That's a short run season of these shows. Most are longer episodes or more episodes, if not both. A full run (24 episodes) of an hour network show (42 minutes less commercials) gives you almost seventeen hours of time to run through a narrative.

Hollywood gets around two hours... Unless you're actually plan on making a series of six or seven films, there simply isn't the time in film that there is in television.

They generally have larger budgets for more impressive effects, locations, and overall production, but at the end of the day 120 minutes is it (and that's a long movie).

yes but even in the short they are better again IMHO and movies in last ten years or so are not as good or original for the most part :)

_Stormin_
06-19-17, 20:00
Meh... I think every generation says that. I'm finding new music to be absolute shite and really appreciating fine woodworking. We all become our fathers. :-)

Fist Fight (to be on topic and not thread jack) was one of those "dumb funny" movies, best enjoyed with a few cold ones and friends. Good for a laugh, and I'm glad that I went to see it on $6 Tuesday at the local theater with its liquor license.