PDA

View Full Version : "TACTICAL IMPACT" T.V. Show w/ Larry Vickers and Aaron Roberts

VA_Dinger
10-01-08, 18:32
FYI: Larry Vickers of Vickers Tactical and Aaron Roberts of Blackwater U.S.A. have teamed up for an exciting new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. show.

This is the press release:

InterMedia Outdoors New Productions Offer Fresh Approach,
Break Traditional Outdoor Programming Mold

New York, NY (September 29, 2008) InterMedia Outdoors, Inc. (IMO), the industry leader and largest provider of content targeted to American sportsmen, announced today the rollout of two new innovative shows—ARROW AFFLICTION and TACTICAL IMPACT—that take viewers beyond the traditional gear and how-to shows and capture a fresh and unique perspective on outdoor programming. These ground-breaking shows, which are produced by IMO’s television production unit, debut this week on The Sportsman Channel (TSC), Fox Sports Net South, Wild TV and Pursuit networks.

“Our traditional strength in television has been gear evaluation and how-to shows, which will continue to be the backbone of our programming line-up. However, as leaders in our industry, we aren’t afraid to try new things and explore programming from different perspectives. These shows break with the traditional model and take outdoor programming to a new and more engaging level,” said IMO's Executive Vice President of Television and Digital Media Willy Burkhardt. “We believe these shows will strike a chord with our audience and attract new viewers.”

“We found that many gun shows were static and formulaic. With TACTICAL IMPACT, we have broken out of this mold and focused on powerful story-telling and high-end production values,” said Burkhardt. “Our hosts Larry Vickers and Aaron Roberts are two of the most highly regarded shooters and trainers around and they are central to bringing the show’s stories and tales to life.”

From clearing a house to repelling a mass attack, each episode of TACTICAL IMPACT will examine a real-life tactical problem and the arms, accessories and tactics needed to prevail. Unlike traditional shooting shows that focus on gun reviews, features and interviews, TACTICAL IMPACT and hosts Larry Vickers and Aaron Roberts look through the eyes of the guys who have been there to tell intriguing stories about the guns that have changed our world. The show airs Mondays at midnight., Thursdays at 11:30 a.m., and Saturdays at 10 p.m. on TSC. The show also runs on Fox Sports South, WILD TV, and Pursuit networks.

“We are covering things and telling stories that have never seen the light of day, and have never been discussed outside of combat marksmanship training classes,” said Vickers. “The stories, whose subjects range from law enforcement to military to civilian, are a unique blend of guns, tactics, and history lessons. This isn’t your traditional gun show.”

“On TACTICAL IMPACT, we look at the life of guns–the birth, changes, successes and failures of the weapon–and how historical events and tactics have shaped the gun’s evolution. Just as people evolve and grow through life’s trials and tribulations, so does a gun,” said co-host Aaron Roberts. “This show explores historical events; not through a person’s perspective, but through the gun’s perspective.”

“ARROW AFFLICTION was conceived as a hyper-kinetic format that would showcase exceptional bow hunting skills. We’ve found a natural and one-of-a-kind TV personality in host Chris Brackett, whose high-energy antics on ARROW AFFLICTION will keep viewers locked-in and wanting more,” Burkhardt said.

Host Chris Brackett engages everything and anything with his compound bow in ARROW AFFLICTION, a fast-paced, high-energy show about a man, his bow, thousands of arrows and his unbelievable antics. The show is raw and extreme reality programming. ARROW AFFLICTION shows the good, the bad, and the wild things you can do, looking down the shaft of an arrow. The show airs Mondays at 7 p.m., Thursdays at 12 a.m. and Sundays at 10:30 p.m. on TSC. The show also runs on Fox Sports South, WILD, and Pursuit networks.

“The show is primal. It’s like MTV’s ‘Viva La Bam’ gone bow hunting. If we can think it up, and it’s legal, will try it,” said Brackett. “We are truly revolutionizing and pushing the limits of bow hunting. From doves, to jumping fish to bullfrogs, we’ll try it, and I guarantee it’ll blow your mind.”

InterMedia Outdoors, Inc. is the leading multimedia company exclusively serving the information and entertainment needs of outdoors enthusiasts, with the largest network of websites dedicated to hunting, shooting and fishing; a portfolio of 17 magazines including powerful brands such as In-Fisherman, Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Hunting, Fly Fisherman, and Florida Sportsman; syndicated radio programming; 11 market-leading television productions, the largest library of outdoors television programming and The Sportsman Channel, the only television network 100% dedicated to hunting, shooting and fishing.

--30--

Greg Hughes, Sedan Communications; 404-394-3700, ghughes5425@gmail.com

Amy Sorrells, Sedan Communications; 404-550-4885, amyssorrells@comcast.net

Now some of you guys can stop wondering why Larry had to cancel a few classes lately. :D

Cold Zero
10-01-08, 18:40
I have been waiting for this announcement. I don't currently get The Sportsman channel, but I will shortly.;)

Early congratulations on what is bound to be a highly successful show. Looking forward to it.

RAM Engineer
10-01-08, 18:48
Wish I got one of those channels...You'd think DirecTV would carry at least one.

PRGGodfather
10-01-08, 18:55
I would watch that show!

Cold Zero
10-01-08, 19:01
Wish I got one of those channels...You'd think DirecTV would carry at least one.

R.E.:

Direct t.v., which I used to have carries the Pursuit Channel 611. If you have that channel, you are set, if not at least you now have the option of seeing the show. I am sure it will be worth it.

VooDoo6Actual
10-01-08, 19:04
Larry is a TOP Tier guy who deserves everything he earns.

Congratulations to him.

VA_Dinger
10-01-08, 19:23
These networks are just the beginning.

They got started to late for anything else. Next year it will be on far more networks.

DrMark
10-01-08, 19:31
These networks are just the beginning.

They got started to late for anything else. Next year it will be on far more networks.

That's good to hear.

Sounds like a great show, but I've never even heard of any of those networks.

Cold Zero
10-01-08, 19:37
I've never even heard of any of those networks.

Wild TV is a Canadian Network available on Canadian providers.

Pursuit channel is pretty good.

RAM Engineer
10-01-08, 19:42
R.E.:

Direct t.v., which I used to have carries the Pursuit Channel 611. If you have that channel, you are set, if not at least you now have the option of seeing the show. I am sure it will be worth it.

Thanks for the tip! I did a search and I DO have that channel. It shows up as "HUNT" on the TV, and I don't see it listed on Directv's website.

1859sharps
10-01-08, 20:03
http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/onlinebroadcast/overview/index.php

Looks like you might be able to watch these shows online. Cost about $5 a month. details in the link above. also, looks like tomorrow the shows begin

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/programming/schedule/index.php?Day=4

HES
10-01-08, 21:52
I love having Verizon's FIos. I get both FSN and The Sportsmans Channel :D

Cold Zero
10-01-08, 23:42
Thanks for the tip! I did a search and I DO have that channel. It shows up as "HUNT" on the TV, and I don't see it listed on Directv's website.

I know that you do. I have had Direct T.V., Dish Network, Two different Cablevision providers and Verizon FIOS. I know who has what channels and where, I don't sleep much. Enjoy the show...;)

hp35
10-02-08, 09:35
I have AT&T so I have TSC and FSN South on the premium pkg.

This news may have made my week.

TUNNEL RAT 33
10-02-08, 10:48
anyone in the new york area with cablevision know the channel for this ? i'm a little special today !LOL

John_Wayne777
10-02-08, 11:26
Glad to see that it's finally on the air! It's about time somebody put a camera in front of guys who actually know stuff.

If any of the movers and shakers are listening, I heartily reccomend trying to get the episodes sold through i-tunes or some other downloadable media if at all possible. I'll buy every episode they have in the can tomorrow.

EDIT -- Just posted this announcement in the busiest forum on TOS. :D

tiger seven
10-02-08, 12:26
This is excellent news!

I get Fox Sports South here (an Insight Communications market) but the show isn't listed in their schedules, or at least not yet. I'll be very mad if I don't get to see this. :mad:

Derek

Kafir
10-02-08, 14:09
I know that you do. I have had Direct T.V., Dish Network, Two different Cablevision providers and Verizon FIOS. I know who has what channels and where, I don't sleep much. Enjoy the show...;)

So I'm a DirecTV guy too...I have 611 "HUNT" but do not see the listing in the guide.

From the link in this thread I see showtimes of:

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/programming/descriptions/description.php?ID=256

AIR TIMES:
Sunday 5:30 PM
Monday 12:00 AM
Thursday 11:30 AM
Saturday 10:00 PM

What are the days/times this is on DirecTV, or did I answer my own question with the linked info? It sounds very interesting.

RogerinTPA
10-02-08, 14:13
Most excellent! Can't wait to see how this series turns out.:cool:

RAM Engineer
10-02-08, 15:27
So I'm a DirecTV guy too...I have 611 "HUNT" but do not see the listing in the guide.

From the link in this thread I see showtimes of:

What are the days/times this is on DirecTV, or did I answer my own question with the linked info? It sounds very interesting.

I did a search for the title of the show on my TV (DirecTV) and it showed up. I'll look when I get home and let you know when it was airing on 611.

Apparently I also get FSN South, but the show isn't showing up in the guide on that channel.

Kafir
10-02-08, 17:16
I did a search for the title of the show on my TV (DirecTV) and it showed up. I'll look when I get home and let you know when it was airing on 611.

Apparently I also get FSN South, but the show isn't showing up in the guide on that channel.

Excellent, thank you! My DirecTV-Fu is weak...I did find 611 "HUNT" and being in Texas I of course have FSN SW so no FSN South for me.

I appreciate it. I would like to make sure I catch the program as it sounds like a nice break from mainstream.

:D

dsmguy7
10-02-08, 17:18

Cold Zero
10-02-08, 18:53
anyone in the new york area with cablevision know the channel for this ? i'm a little special today !LOL

Cable is a no go. If you want the Larry show, you need to change providers.:eek:

Cold Zero
10-02-08, 18:56
Larry Vickers just added $7.99 per month to my Verizon Bill. :eek:

At least I will get the Golf Channel now.:rolleyes:

IrishDevil
10-02-08, 19:56
I have FSN South, but the show isn't listed. I may have to watch it online, and I second the iTunes idea.

hp35
10-02-08, 20:26
I just watched my DVR'd episode. I want my Tactical Impact patch, hat and shirt.

RAM Engineer
10-02-08, 22:27
Excellent, thank you! My DirecTV-Fu is weak...I did find 611 "HUNT" and being in Texas I of course have FSN SW so no FSN South for me.

I appreciate it. I would like to make sure I catch the program as it sounds like a nice break from mainstream.

:D

I have Directv and had no idea that I had channel 611. Upon viewing the guide, I see the first airing Sun. 10/05/08 at 07:00 central time. Too bad I'll be at work. :( The guide will not go past Sun. night.

Yep, 7:00am Central is what I'm showing as well. I don't see another showing until the following Sunday, which is presumably the next episode. No repeats on Pursuit/"Hunt"/611 apparently. Still nothing showing up on FSN South, though...

Rmplstlskn
10-03-08, 14:57
My Dish Network has it on Sports South but that channel is only available in Georgia and SC... not VA. :(

I'll have to wait and see if someone posts it on YouTube...

Rmpl

John_Wayne777
10-04-08, 18:40
A reminder for everyone: Tactical Impact comes on tonight at 10:00pm eastern time.

If you don't have The Sportsman's Channel, use the online subscription feature so you can watch the episode online!

The stream from TSC is running on my machine now, and it's working great.

Cold Zero
10-04-08, 20:51
30 minutes to showtime. I now have The Sportsmans channel. Looking forward to this.

John_Wayne777
10-04-08, 21:15
Coming on next!

Robb Jensen
10-04-08, 21:45
I'm diggin' Larrys 12 o'clock X300 ! :D

Cold Zero
10-04-08, 21:50
O.K., here is the review in two words:

Way cool.:D

I will take a Tactical Impact hat in Khaki. I digging that chess piece thing.:eek:

John_Wayne777
10-04-08, 21:50
Pretty good show....certainly different than anything else on TV. The training scars segment was my favorite.

MAP
10-04-08, 21:55
LAV with a VFG? WTF!

I digging that chess piece thing. I didn't care for it. I think they could do better with the logo.

Overall a good use of 30 minutes. I'd like to see more.

Mike

Robb Jensen
10-04-08, 22:00
LAV with a VFG? WTF!

It makes the 12 o'clock mounted pistol light much easier to activate. Use the VFG as a handstop, hold the rail and use your support hand thumb to activate/deactivate the light. It works very well in that manner. You don't use the 'choke the chicken' using it this way with it. This is why on my guns with X300s I have mounted at 12 o'clock I use the stubby TangoDown VFGs.

I liked the show a lot. :D

MAP
10-04-08, 22:03
It makes the 12 o'clock mounted pistol light much easier to activate. Use the VFG as a handstop, hold the rail and use your support hand thumb to activate/deactivate the light. It works very well in that manner. You don't use the 'choke the chicken' using it this way with it. This is why on my guns with X300s I have mounted at 12 o'clock I use the stubby TangoDown VFGs.

I liked the show a lot. :D

At the July class LAV was shooting the same rifle sans VFG. Thanks for the explanation.

Mike

Stretz Tactical Inc
10-04-08, 22:30
[QUOTE= LAV with a VFG? WTF!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it!

John_Wayne777
10-04-08, 23:04
LAV with a VFG? WTF!

I didn't care for it. I think they could do better with the logo.

Overall a good use of 30 minutes. I'd like to see more.

Mike

Some of the segments seem like they are trying to cram 10 pounds of info in a 2 pound sack. More time to elaborate on some of the finer points would be nice.

Ed L.
10-04-08, 23:26
I just ordered the Sportsman's channel. For an extra $5.95 a month, it is well worth it.

SeriousStudent
10-05-08, 23:23
O.K., here is the review in two words:

Way cool.:D

I will take a Tactical Impact hat in Khaki. I digging that chess piece thing.:eek:

Plus one. A very watchable show. I liked the historical analysis.

And tell me where I can send my money for a khaki hat. :D

HES
10-05-08, 23:42
Im watching it now and am thoroughly enjoying it. As an added bonus for us southpaws, I just realized that both Larry Vickers and Aaron Roberts are one of us!!

John_Wayne777
10-06-08, 07:43
Im watching it now and am thoroughly enjoying it. As an added bonus for us southpaws, I just realized that both Larry Vickers and Aaron Roberts are one of us!!

Larry is actually cross dominant...meaning he is a right-handed individual but he is left eye dominant. As a result he shoots his rifle left handed and his pistol right handed.

Bama-Shooter
10-06-08, 08:56
Larry is actually cross dominant...meaning he is a right-handed individual but he is left eye dominant. As a result he shoots his rifle left handed and his pistol right handed.

Same here.

Good show.

C4IGrant
10-06-08, 09:11

Agree.

C4

C4IGrant
10-06-08, 09:23
Anyone know if the first episode is online anywhere?

C4

Wayne Dobbs
10-06-08, 09:52
Grant,

If you have DirecTV, you should have Channel 611 (Pursuit) available to you. I watched it at 0700 CDT Sunday on my DTV connection.

Stretz Tactical Inc
10-06-08, 09:58

There is a guy at work like that, but he cocks his head to the right when shooting a pistol. How do you correct someone from shooting with their head cocked like that?

Stretz Tactical Inc
10-06-08, 10:00
Is Aaron from the same unit as Larry?

ChristopherM4
10-06-08, 10:08
Same here.

+2. It's good to see someone else in the same boat. I always thought I was some kind of freak! ;)

It was a great show, can't wait till next week!

CTopher

C4IGrant
10-06-08, 10:20
Is Aaron from the same unit as Larry?

No.

C4

C4IGrant
10-06-08, 10:21
Grant,

If you have DirecTV, you should have Channel 611 (Pursuit) available to you. I watched it at 0700 CDT Sunday on my DTV connection.

Roger that. I still missed the first episode and want to see it.

C4

YutYut
10-06-08, 11:04
I am ripping it off my Tivo right now. I should be able to post it online by tomorrow or late this evening.

The two hosts are great. They both have impressive resumes.

I was expecting a little more from the show. One segment seemed kind of silly, which would you pick if you went into battle on Iwo Jima with the Marines, the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, or M14? Seemed like kind of a no brainer.

I know that they were stepping away from the traditional model of shooting shows. To me it seemed like they were trying to squeeze too much history into one show. They talked about guns from WWII all the way to present day. Though they skipped Korea and Vietnam. They went from Germany, to Panama to Iraq.

They also had two decent segments on Shooting on the Move, and Shooting to Neutralize. More of a demo though, than an actual how to.

I like replaying shows for their educational value before I head to the range. So I like seeing segments on shooting position, reloading, moving to cover, etc.

I know this is my first post, and I don't like seeming hyper-critical. I'm hoping that the show will start to polish itself out.

John_Wayne777
10-06-08, 11:25
There is a guy at work like that, but he cocks his head to the right when shooting a pistol. How do you correct someone from shooting with their head cocked like that?

Larry shoots with his head at an angle as well.....it's done to bring the pistol's sights in line with his dominant eye. Whenever you see him shooting a handgun you'll notice his head is turned to the right.

He seems to be pretty accurate with that approach.

John_Wayne777
10-06-08, 11:31
I know that they were stepping away from the traditional model of shooting shows. To me it seemed like they were trying to squeeze too much history into one show. They talked about guns from WWII all the way to present day. Though they skipped Korea and Vietnam. They went from Germany, to Panama to Iraq.

The overall theme was CQB and the suitability of various weapons to the CQB environment. That's where I wish they would have let the hosts elaborate more. Instead of just running through the shoothouse let LAV show you exactly what about the K98 made it suck as a room clearing weapon, etc.

I'm sure as they go along they'll find a rhythm to the presentation.

Stretz Tactical Inc
10-07-08, 09:02
Instead of just running through the shoothouse let LAV show you exactly what about the K98 made it suck as a room clearing weapon

Larry did say why. The overall length and the fact that it was slow to reload after each shot. They said thats what made the MP40 shine inside (compact and manuverable) and suck outside (9mm at distant targets). Aaron had Larry engage the distant targets (200 yards) with the K98 (more suitable in that role then the MP40), while he covered. They made exactly the same comparison with the MP5/M16, both indoors and out.

Renegade
10-07-08, 10:27

FSN South is 646.

Stretz Tactical Inc
10-07-08, 13:15
the sportsmans channel.com $4.95 a month

ToddG
10-07-08, 13:17
FWIW, I mentioned the iTunes idea to Larry this weekend. Don't know if he has any real control over that, but hopefully it's something that will happen in the future. I'd happily pay $2 per episode to have them all saved on my computer.

JLM
10-07-08, 16:09
the sportsmans channel.com $4.95 a month

that will let ya watch it online?

testudo
10-07-08, 16:45
FWIW, I mentioned the iTunes idea to Larry this weekend. Don't know if he has any real control over that, but hopefully it's something that will happen in the future. I'd happily pay $2 per episode to have them all saved on my computer.

That would be great, but like you said Todd it might be out of his hands.

I don't want to subscribe to an entire channel online only to watch one show. Looks like I will be sitting here, envying you TV land viewers.

Stretz Tactical Inc
10-08-08, 00:04
that will let ya watch it online?

Yes, and personal defense tv as well as other hunting and fishing shows

John_Wayne777
10-09-08, 14:25
Today's show was different than Saturday's show. I really enjoyed what I saw of today's show...unfortunately my laptop died about halfway through it. Larry went over the BAR, it's strengths and weaknesses, and the history of the weapon's use.

That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see. Good job on this episode, gentlemen! I can't wait to see the rest of it!

C4IGrant
10-09-08, 14:31
I finally got to see the show last night. I thought it was very good. I liked how they tied the weapon in with specific battles (most of which I had never heard of) so it was educational.

Having watched a good many "gun TV shows", this one was BY FAR the most accurate and interesting of any I have ever seen.

C4

JLM
10-09-08, 14:41
Yes, and personal defense tv as well as other hunting and fishing shows

Are they archived? To ME it looked like you had to watch them in real time.

John_Wayne777
10-09-08, 14:47
Are they archived? To ME it looked like you had to watch them in real time.

You do. A subscription to TCS just allows you to view what is on the channel at the moment on your PC.

Sam
10-10-08, 08:16
I accidentally found the show last night on Sportsouth cable. It was the episode showing Aaron and Larry shooting the M1 carbine, M14, AR, M4 and MP5 in various drills and exercises including CQB in a shoot house. Good stuff.

gunwriter
10-11-08, 00:25
www.tacticalgunfan.com is owned by the same company as Tactical Impact and we will be having segments up on the site in the near future.

Keep an eye there....

John_Wayne777
10-11-08, 21:49
Caught the rest of the episode just now.

Very well done, gentlemen...very well done. The segment on the STMG was nice too....:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/jwayne_777/VTAKJW777.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/jwayne_777/IMG_1784.jpg

YutYut
10-20-08, 20:42
I have the first three Tactical Impact shows on MPEG. Its 640MB and I tried editing commercials and the size down, however, the timing of the audio went out. I tried uploading it to Megaupload and it failed, after 4:30 HRS of uploading.

I tried messing with the torrents and all that with negative results. I don't feel like messing with ports on my router either.

I don't have time to mess with it. But if ONE person wants me to mail them the episodes on DVD for them to mess with and post online, I'm willing to do that.

Razorhunter
10-25-08, 14:07
Hey guys,
Could someone tell me how many episodes of Tactical Impact have aired so far?
Last Saturday at 8:30am, the show aired on ch 53 "SPSO" (I'm ASSUMING that this is Fox Sports South that I have????).
So late last night, I checked my guide channel to see if it was on this morning again. Sure enough, Tactical Impact was on, BUT my STUPID ass guide channel showed the program airing at 10am THIS morning.
SO, at 10am, I turned the TV on, and some some damn "SEC TODAY" program was on instead. The guide channel screwed me royally, and I missed todays episode.
SO, I'm wondering HOW MANY episodes have aired so far? The ONLY episode I've seen (which was last week), was the one where the guys showed the history of the assault rifle, starting with the German Sturmgever (yes, I know SP is wrong), then they went through others through the years, finally ending up with the M16/M4 and then the SCAR.
Does anyone know WHICH show I saw? Was this one the SECOND episode? FIRST? THIRD?
I'm trying to determine HOW many I've missed so far???
Thanks guys.

PS.
IF I have regular Comcast Cable, can I just call up and have The Sportsmans Channel added, or is that only for DirecTV guys???

YutYut
10-25-08, 14:50
If I'm correct, only 3 have aired so far.

DM-SC
10-25-08, 17:31
I accidentally found the show last night on Sportsouth cable. It was the episode showing Aaron and Larry shooting the M1 carbine, M14, AR, M4 and MP5 in various drills and exercises including CQB in a shoot house. Good stuff.

I have records two episodes from Sportsouth...I've only watched the first one so far.

Funny thing is, it's showing as "Tactical Edge" not "Tactical Impact". :confused:

bwswanson
10-25-08, 20:47
I think 4 have aired so far.

Razorhunter
10-25-08, 21:27
I have records two episodes from Sportsouth...I've only watched the first one so far.

Funny thing is, it's showing as "Tactical Edge" not "Tactical Impact". :confused:

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I scrolled ahead over the next week of Guide Channel listings, and a couple say "Tactical Impact", and the others say "Tactical Edge"... I was also glad to see that Personal Defense TV is finally back on my cable. I was PISSED when the Outdoor Channel stopped airing it. At least SPSO has it now, along with Tactical Edge, errrr Impact.!

John_Wayne777
10-25-08, 22:06
Tonight was the fourth episode.

I enjoyed tonight's episode.

YutYut
10-26-08, 22:00
Tonight was the fourth episode.

I enjoyed tonight's episode.

I just watched the 4th episode and liked it a lot more than the first. They weren't cramming too much into one show. Lots of good info.

jaydoc1
10-26-08, 22:09
Only two have recorded on my TiVo. Tonight featured the 1911 vs M9 and M1 carbine vs MP5.

Which two am I missing?

Also, I'm really hoping they improve. I'm not so keen on watching the same scene reinacted with different firearms every week. Tedious, not interesting.

SeriousStudent
10-26-08, 22:14
Indeed, I do like the show, and hope they have a long run. I have made a point of writing letters to FN, Doublestar and Brownells telling them I like their advertisements on the show.

Want to see a show stay on the air? BUY something from the advertisers, and write them a letter telling them you bought it because you saw their ad on that show.

I own an AR with a Doublestar lower, and made a point of sending them a letter telling them that. I added a comment to my last Brownell's order telling them I liked the show.

I am curious about taking a class from Aaron Roberts. LAV is most definitely on my training list for 2009. Can anyone tell me where Aaron Roberts teaches?

jaydoc1
10-26-08, 22:15
I'm fortunately in a town that LAV visits every year for training (Pueblo, CO). Can't wait for 2009 as it will be my first training with him.

SeriousStudent
10-26-08, 22:43
I'm fortunately in a town that LAV visits every year for training (Pueblo, CO). Can't wait for 2009 as it will be my first training with him.

I am planning on taking the pistol and carbine class there in September. Should be an interesting week.

jaydoc1
10-27-08, 00:23
See you there, then.

arob3006
10-27-08, 18:44
First of all, let me say thank you to all of you for the kind words and the feedback. I can assure you that Larry and I are interested in hearing what you guys think. We have truly tried to create a show that true gun owners and shooters would like to watch. The goal for us has been to keep the TV execs happy, while Larry and I try to keep it serious. Until next time, keep your heads down.

Aaron Roberts

John_Wayne777
10-27-08, 19:05
Welcome to the forums!

Don't be a stranger. ;)

SeriousStudent
10-27-08, 19:49
Dear Mr. Roberts,

Indeed, welcome, and thank you for putting something on television worth watching.

Stay safe.

Razorhunter
10-27-08, 20:09
Anyone know if the entire series will ever be available on DVD? Wouldn't that be great....

Spooky130
10-27-08, 21:00
I enjoyed the first show I saw (PDW episode). They work well together and Vickers is a definite gun freak. I could see him sitting down for hours and talking non-stop about guns, tactics and history...

Spooky

John_Wayne777
10-28-08, 08:56
I enjoyed the first show I saw (PDW episode). They work well together and Vickers is a definite gun freak. I could see him sitting down for hours and talking non-stop about guns, tactics and history...

Spooky

You should show up at his platform specific classes like the AK class. That's one of the great appeals of the class, in my opinion. LAV and Templar contain all the AK knowledge in the universe.

C4IGrant
10-31-08, 15:11
Website is up!

http://www.tacticalimpact.tv/

C4

Larry Vickers
10-31-08, 17:12
FYI gents the plan is to offer the series on DVD at the end of the season - as I understand it the episodes will air for 13 weeks straight (with 13 different episodes) and then they will repeat for a total of 26 weeks

It has been alot of hard work but all of us ( the whole Tactical Impact crew ) have had a blast filming it and we look forward to next season

As my co host Aaron said we value your input so If you have constructive critcism let us know so we can try and make the show better

be safe and enjoy

Larry Vickers

co host Tactical Impact

www.tacticalimpact.tv

DrMark
10-31-08, 21:05
FYI gents the plan is to offer the series on DVD at the end of the season...

Excellent news.

Thanks.

Razorhunter
11-01-08, 19:17
Well, instead of exactly giving "constructive criticism", I'd like to cast a vote on a couple episodes I'd like to see, or better yet, a subject or two that we'd all like to see covered. (I've got many actually, but here's just a few of the more important ones I'd love to see, as we all probably would!) Please excuse me if any have already been covered! I have only managed to see TWO episodes thus far, and I'm trying to determine HOW MANY TOTAL shows have aired to date, so I can figure how many I've missed!
We'd love to see episodes dedicated to the following subjects:

1. "Best Assault Weapon Platform?" -Comparison between the different guns, such as actual round count tests and other performance testing. I realize you guys are trying to be different, and think outside the box, but something along the lines of Guns and Ammo TV's "Torture Test". However, this could be much different. It could also include ammo testing, with video of firing different rounds through different materials. (car doors, walls, huge chunks of meat bought at the butcher shop, body armor, etc, etc, etc, etc) You could take this in several directions, and we'd love to see it all!

2. Episode dedicated to AR15/M4/M16 Armorer Work/Gunsmithing

3. AK Armorer Episode

4. 1911 Armorer "....."

5. Sniper related episode. Gear, tactics, etc.

I think one thing we ALL can agree on, is so many of these gun shows just are NOT technical enough! We want to see TECHNICAL, DETAILED INFO on how to shoot (such as the Sniper/Long range tactics, etc), how to do the armorer work, etc, etc, etc. I think everyone is so sick of turning on some of the other shows, and seeing the basic tactical reload drill, and basic room clearing drills. We've seen it all umpteen billion times and it's time for something more technical.
Realizing of course that many things just cannot be taught on TV, it's still MUCH better to get a bit more technical, as opposed to continually teaching the most basic skills that get so b-o-r-i-n-g.
I mean no offense to any of the other shows, but it's just time for a refreshing change. I am FAR from being an expert, and I haven't trained for years like many here have, but even I am hungering for something more technical on these programs.
Either way, I certainly enjoyed the two shows I've seen thus far, and I'm sure you guys will continue to improve and produce better and better programming as this thing gets established. Many thanks to all of you guys! I'm so glad I at least get this show on SportsSouth. I'd be depressed if I didn't at least get it on one channel!

arob3006
11-17-08, 13:57
I am now available to conduct training with anybody interested. The classes will be Pistol or Carbine as well as combo classes for right now. At this point we are just getting off the ground but stay tuned for future announcements. If you are interested or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me by email at tacticalshootingsolutions@gmail.com or by phone 757-705-0505.

Aaron Roberts

BlueForce
11-17-08, 18:11
...have had a blast filming it and we look forward to next season

Is the second season a given now? Hope so...

As my co host Aaron said we value your input so If you have constructive critcism let us know so we can try and make the show better.

Actually, it is so much better than almost anything else we've seen in the way of "shooting entertainment" that I would suggest more things to keep than things to change.

Having the wide variety of "real world" scenarios is great. Applying appropriate weapons and tactics to these scenarios is great. The wide variety of weapons is great. Not sure who's idea it was, but bringing in the historical context and weapons comparisons adds a lot of depth, and is one of my favorite parts. Dialog is great. Filming is great.

How to make it better? Maybe more dynamic versus static shooting scenarios (probably harder to film). Adding in more of the element of tactics. Also giving consideration to how to integrate the ancillary accessories, equipment, and gear needed to execute the mission effectively. Bottom line is I have a "whole mission interest", so broader is better for me.

All in all great job! These have been staying on my DVR...

SeriousStudent
11-17-08, 23:47
Like BlueForce, I have all of the episodes saved on the DVR. I thought episode 6 was the best yet.

I am curious if Mr Vickers and Mr Roberts will be covering "man down" drills, or evacuating a wounded partner.

Remember to write their advertisers, folks! :)

theblackknight
11-18-08, 00:01
Anyone know if the entire series will ever be available on DVD? Wouldn't that be great....

I will 2nd that! They'de be stupid not the release the seasons(im hoping that word stays plural!) on DVD.I wouldnt even mind if it had commercials just cause,well, how often do you see Magpul tv commercials on?:D

Robb Jensen
11-18-08, 05:28
First of all, let me say thank you to all of you for the kind words and the feedback. I can assure you that Larry and I are interested in hearing what you guys think. We have truly tried to create a show that true gun owners and shooters would like to watch. The goal for us has been to keep the TV execs happy, while Larry and I try to keep it serious. Until next time, keep your heads down.

Aaron Roberts

Welcome Aaron,
It's a good show.

....keep my buddy Looey shooting a lot down there! :D