PDA

View Full Version : Which Glock/pistol accessory has impressed you most?

tylerw02
06-26-17, 06:12
Like the thread going on ARs, which pistol accessory impresses you most? A "must-have" accessory. Let's try not to turn this into a long list, but narrow it down to one or just a few items that change the way pistol works for you in such a way you don't want to go without it.

ETA: if you're going to post say WHY that mod has been so important to you or your shooting.

For me, the Freya magwell on Glock 19s, in conjunction with an undercut, allows me to get a full grip on the 19 without hanging off the grip. This has allowed me to apply proper pressure with my pinky in such a way I shoot it as well as, if not better, than full-size Glocks. It also aides in reloads, as designed. They are much faster and more fumble-proof. An adds side-benefit is that the frame feels more robust with the Freya installed. I'm to the point. Where I want a Freya on all my G19s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamuelBLong
06-26-17, 06:17
1) The gadget - with their being no downside, and the ability to ensure that there is no trigger movement during reholster... it's just smart.

2) Overwatch Precision's Triggers - a Flat Face and safely reduced pre-travel allow for better leverage and control.

.XL
06-26-17, 06:20
IGFS trigger, night sights, extended slide release and a dremel tool.

tango-papa
06-26-17, 08:51
The Magpul PMAG 17 GL9 magazine.

JulyAZ
06-26-17, 08:57
Aftermarket manufacturers giving us the ability to build a Glock over buy one...and a dremel.

PattonWasRight
06-26-17, 09:13
Talon rubber texture grip

Doc Safari
06-26-17, 09:23
Glock Pmags. I actually prefer them to the factory mags, with the caveat that I don't have enough experience with them to vouch for their long-term durability.

tylerw02
06-26-17, 09:44
Glock Pmags. I actually prefer them to the factory mags, with the caveat that I don't have enough experience with them to vouch for their long-term durability.

To the point it's the most important item or mod?

Doc Safari
06-26-17, 09:47
To the point it's the most important item or mod?

To me it's about the only thing other than night sights that I consider essential to a Glock. There are so many brands of night sights and I've used a lot of them. I don't have a favorite.

But I love the Glock Pmags because they are easier to load and disassemble than the factory mags, and they are about ten bucks cheaper too.

CDR_Glock
06-26-17, 10:07
Three things come to mind:
1) Aftermarket triggers/trigger bars. I, too, love my Overwatch Precision Triggers/trigger bars.
2) Connectors: I have Ghost Triggers Connectors in all Glocks
3) Sights: To me Tritium is a must over the OEM sights. Now that I have incorporated Reflex sights I find the suppressor height Tritium sights to be beneficial for me.
4) Extended Slide releases. I used to like the OEM until I tried one. Now they're also in all of my Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tylerw02
06-26-17, 12:38
Extended slide releases from
vickers go on all my Glocks. Most Gen 3s also get the mag release. I like them but they aren't as big of a deal to me as the Freya.

If I was to pick #2, I think it would be the Trijicon RMR. Though I can't afford one for each gun, it has extended my range and improved my accuracy greatly.

WickedWillis
06-26-17, 13:10
When it comes to Glocks, I love getting framework done to undercut the trigger guard and remove the finger grooves. For me it's the best upgrade or accessory that I can acquire.

Also the Magpul Glock Pmags. I can't get the ones I have to choke over several thousand rounds through them now.

Zirk208
06-26-17, 14:10
Extended Slide Release (I'm a lefty)
Trijicon HD sights
Talon Granulate grip

Ron3
06-26-17, 14:16
Talon rubberized grips.

I don't do much to Glocks. If I got a new Glock (gen3) it would get the grips, better sights, Glock extended (then rounded) mag release, and Glock extended slide release/lock. That is all.

BuzzinSATX
06-26-17, 16:18
Good sights are a given over factory plastic for me. Otherwise, I put the extended slide stop on all my Glock's. I like the G34 OEM version but also have other similar ones that work fine.

If the trigger sucks after several thousand rounds and a polish job, I put a 4.5 connector , but not all my Glock's need that.

militarymoron
06-26-17, 16:41
Grip reduction/texture on my Gen 3s (undercut trigger guard, flat backstrap, no finger swells etc).

TangoDown/Vickers slide racker for an unobtrusive mod that really makes a difference when racking the slide back.

Krazykarl
06-26-17, 17:01
The factory installed night sights are a must have. Anxiously awaiting the new magpul g26 magazine. Should be here tomorrow to try out.

Jermedic
06-26-17, 18:31
I put Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on mine. My eyes never have worked well with a three dot sight setup and I'm not a fan of the factory sights. They are stock otherwise.

Krazykarl
06-26-17, 18:45
I put Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on mine. My eyes never have worked well with a three dot sight setup and I'm not a fan of the factory sights. They are stock otherwise.

You not a fan of the factory regular sights or the factory night sights? Just seeking clarification...

GNXII
06-26-17, 18:55
On every Glock I own, after much trial and error on a "mule" G17 Gen 3 and "mule" G21 Gen3 in no particular order:

1) Vickers Mag release
2) Vickers Slide Stop
3) Trijicon HDs yellow
4) Factory non grooved trigger

I have picked an MOS G17 so that will be my test mule of MRDS. Also Freya magwell to see how I like it.

Jermedic
06-26-17, 19:12
You not a fan of the factory regular sights or the factory night sights? Just seeking clarification...
I could have worded that better. I'm not a big fan of the factory sights, but I can make them work. The factory three dot night sights (or any 3 dot sight) don't work for me. I have an astigmatism and trying to line up the dots is a slow process for me. I put black rears with a front dot/tritium/fiber optic front sight on all of my guns that have an option to do so.

12thman
06-26-17, 19:18
aftermarket sights are the first for sure, stock glock sights are garbage. best for the money I have on my gen 3 G19 are a set of Ameriglo sights with the claw rear for one handed manipulations (I think it was a special made set for ICE training, Rob Pincus' company. they were around $40). On my gen 4 G19 I have the Vickers mag release, great cheap, easy mod.

RHINOWSO
06-26-17, 19:59
Ameriglo Pro I-dot sights
OEM Extended slide stop / release
OEM - connector
ETS 22 rd magazines
Surefire XC1

SpecWired
06-27-17, 07:25
Factory night sights. I'm a fan.

Watrdawg
06-27-17, 08:59
Trijicon HD yellow
Vickers mag release
Vickers slide release

Those are on all of my Glocks. I stiple the grips myself and may mess with the trigger but the three items above are always the 1st things I do.

Spiffums
06-27-17, 09:26
1) The gadget - with their being no downside, and the ability to ensure that there is no trigger movement during reholster... it's just smart.

2) Overwatch Precision's Triggers - a Flat Face and safely reduced pre-travel allow for better leverage and control.

Mine has really impressed me and I'm an APEX brand whore.

556BlackRifle
06-27-17, 09:31
My top three, not in any particular order:

1_ Trijicon HD night sights. (I have orange and yellow but like yellow the best.)
2_ Talon Grips, (Rubberized version. I only have one pair on my G43 and it's a huge improvement.)
3_ Pearce Grip extension. (I've been using them since they were first released.)

Honorable mention:

4_ Vickers on their G43 slide stop lever. (I only have the one and it was recently installed but so far - I'm happy with it.)
5_ Glock minus connector. (Several in use. They're solid and IMO a nice improvement over stock.)
6_ Glock extended slide stop lever. (Again, several in use. They're solid and a huge improvement over stock.)

Singlestack Wonder
06-27-17, 09:35
Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8 night sights

Everything else is Perfect.....

nml
06-27-17, 11:26
Fit apex extractor. The ability to shoot a wide range of ammo with proper extraction and ejection lets me trust glocks more than before.

Krazykarl
06-27-17, 11:44
Fit apex extractor. The ability to shoot a wide range of ammo with proper extraction and ejection lets me trust glocks more than before.

I never knew glock had an extraction problem. How does the apex offer improvement?

Frailer
06-27-17, 12:12
The only modification that I've made to all my Glocks is installation of a Glockmeister or Pearce grip plug.

I suppose it slightly mitigates the risk of a botched reload, but in reality I think I'm just too OCD to allow that annoying hole to remain unfilled.

noonesshowmonkey
06-27-17, 13:06
Factory (-) connector and a bit of polishing.

WickedWillis
06-27-17, 14:05
On every Glock I own, after much trial and error on a "mule" G17 Gen 3 and "mule" G21 Gen3 in no particular order:

1) Vickers Mag release
2) Vickers Slide Stop
3) Trijicon HDs yellow
4) Factory non grooved trigger

I have picked an MOS G17 so that will be my test mule of MRDS. Also Freya magwell to see how I like it.

Locktite the shit out of that Freya. They wobble quite a bit.

nml
06-27-17, 14:11
I never knew glock had an extraction problem. How does the apex offer improvement?case extraction from stock chamber is not an issue, the extractor losing hold of the case during the extraction is the problem.Glock has changed the geometry of the extractor and slide cut over the years for the worse. With so many pistols produced it depends on tolerances of each gun. If you watch vids on youtube you can see examples. And If you only shoot nato or +P ammo you may never encountdr issues with the additional slide velocity. I have a variety of lower powered ammo available and also wanted improved dirt and sand performance. Improvement, WHEN FITTED PROPERLY ..is better case rentention resulting in stronger and more consistent ejection. No stovepipes no brass to face no weak dribble out slide.

hotrodder636
06-27-17, 15:02
I enjoy my Glock pretty stock except the sights. I did really like the grip plug. Simple but I like it.

titsonritz
06-27-17, 19:28
Trijicon HD yellow
Vickers mag release
Vickers slide release

Those are on all of my Glocks. I stiple the grips myself and may mess with the trigger but the three items above are always the 1st things I do.

Same here.

JasonB1
06-27-17, 20:14
Most any steel sight is an upgrade.

Vickers +2 basepads for the 43 seem to be a good bang for the buck add on.

26 Inf
06-27-17, 21:35
case extraction from stock chamber is not an issue, the extractor losing hold of the case during the extraction is the problem.Glock has changed the geometry of the extractor and slide cut over the years for the worse. With so many pistols produced it depends on tolerances of each gun. If you watch vids on youtube you can see examples. And If you only shoot nato or +P ammo you may never encountdr issues with the additional slide velocity. I have a variety of lower powered ammo available and also wanted improved dirt and sand performance. Improvement, WHEN FITTED PROPERLY ..is better case rentention resulting in stronger and more consistent ejection. No stovepipes no brass to face no weak dribble out slide.

That is one of the most reasonable explanations of why some folks have issues that I've read.

m24shooter
06-27-17, 22:17
Trij greens, Vickers mag release and slide lock. Connector polished. That's pretty much it.

AKDoug
06-28-17, 01:21
Apex extractor that fixed the brass to face on my G19 Gen4...

Otherwise all my Glocks get aftermarket steel sights of some sort.

bjxds
06-28-17, 06:30
Gen 3 Vickers extended slide release, GFA, maybe butt plug. The Game Changer on ALL is the GADGET!

MWAG19919
06-28-17, 08:55
The Raven Concealment VG2 has impressed me the most. It's so simple to use, and it works exactly as advertised.

Magpul Glock mags are impressive too because I had low expectations. I thought they'd feel like cheap crap and that they wouldn't drop free because they're even lighter than Glock brand Glock magazines. I was wrong on both accounts; the mags feel awesome, and they drop free quite well. They're even easier to disassemble than factory mags too, though I've never had the need.

daniel87
06-28-17, 10:39
Ghost connectors

A dremel, lucas polish, and a felt wheel.

Magpul p mags.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OrlandoJones
06-28-17, 11:01
Any set of sights better than the crappy plastic sights Glocks put on their handguns impresses me.

26 Inf
06-28-17, 11:12
New sights - dawson competition, heinie straight eight, or ameriglo defoor tactical night sites, depending on the weapon's purpose.

Conversion Barrels - I originally was a .40 shooter in the Glocks because of the LE trend. I have been able to use my first G22 and my G24 as 9's thanks to the conversion barrels.

Other than that - .25 trigger job, relieve the trigger guard, and shoot the thing, a lot.

My roots are in LE training, so I've always just pretty much got along with relatively stock pistols. I'm a lefty, so I don't normally use the slide catch, and the standard mag releases have always worked just fine for me (I use my index finger).

par-archer
06-28-17, 16:00
So far for me:
Overwatch Precision trigger
MagPul mags
Wilson Combat Sights

apg0601
06-28-17, 16:49
Grip plug on an issued weapon. Definitely made reloads a little smoother since it fills in lip at the back of the mag well, and I do think it helps keep excess debris out.
I would have also mentioned grip tape, but I consider it a consumable item, and it's not Glock specific.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BigTex2000
06-29-17, 07:16
Vickers extended slide release was a no brainier for me.

I will admit that I still have the horrible factory sights but it hasn't been an issue. I am still holding up for the unicorn rear u notch with day invisible single tritium and something like a trijicon hd up front.

Fuzzy-Reticle
06-29-17, 08:49
Trijicon HD sites.

TAZ
06-29-17, 09:03
RMR, Gadget, PMAGS and Overwatch flat trigger.

09fatbob
06-30-17, 14:38
Three things come to mind:
1) Aftermarket triggers/trigger bars. I, too, love my Overwatch Precision Triggers/trigger bars.
2) Connectors: I have Ghost Triggers Connectors in all Glocks
3) Sights: To me Tritium is a must over the OEM sights. Now that I have incorporated Reflex sights I find the suppressor height Tritium sights to be beneficial for me.
4) Extended Slide releases. I used to like the OEM until I tried one. Now they're also in all of my Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vickers racker

Yooka
07-04-17, 05:39
The Glock 26 (http://gunivore.com/pistol/glock-26-gen-4-the-baby-glock/) because how small and compact it is, it did get the nickname baby Glock for a reason.

Street Dog
07-04-17, 10:05
Heinie "Ledge" rear and a Wilson Combat "Vickers" fiber optic front, Ghost "Edge" connector and a little polish, and Vickers slide stop. Oh, and a lot of ammo.

Moshjath
07-04-17, 10:16
The "Gadget" Striker Control Device.

MisterHelix
07-04-17, 10:57
Trijicon RM02. Game changer.

jp0319
07-04-17, 19:53
1. Dremel Tool
2. Soldering Iron
3. Agency Magwell
4. Trijicon HDs

Those are the most influential for me. But I also really love ZEV trigger parts as well. I like doing my own work which is why number 1 and 2.

SLEVEN
07-04-17, 20:31
1. Triggerguard undercut.
2. Grip plug.
3. Trijicon HDs.

Also like Vickers extended mag release due to the angle you can engage the release from.

itsmcgavinson
07-06-17, 16:27
1. Grip reduction, finger humps removal, trigger guard undercut
2. Aftermarket trigger
3. Extended magazine release (a must for 3rd gens)
4. AlphaWolf fluted barrel -- loved my groupings.

Ballistic Agency
07-06-17, 21:58
Wilson sights w/ gold bead or fiber optic... very fast sight picture, rugged.
Vickers slide stop - makes slide lock reloads super fast and doesn't get in the way.
Grip plug... cause OCD.

opngrnd
07-10-17, 22:31
1-10-8 Fiber Optic front/10-8 Rear. Fast sight picture, but still precise.

2-Smooth Face trigger. The ridges annoy me.

3-Extended OEM Slide release. May try a Vickers at some point, but I'm a fan of slightly.extended ones.

4-Pmags. They are great, are cheap, and are easy to clean.

dms888
07-11-17, 07:02
Defoor tactical sights

0uTkAsT
07-13-17, 18:44
1) Trigger guard undercut. "Glock knuckle" is real and there is no downside to having a higher grip.
1.5) Ameriglo / Trijicon sights. I won't own a pistol without a set of HD XRs or Ameriglo UCs now.
2) Front serrations. Since subscribing to Frank Proctor's ideology on slide manipulations about 3 years ago, I think they're essential.
3) Extended magazine release (Gen 4) - huge help for me even without the use of any backstraps

That's about it I consider "must haves". Everything beyond that, including triggers, are just nice additions in my mind. I am really interested in the new Magpul magwells too, though. They are the one new thing I'm pretty excited to try out.

MegademiC
07-13-17, 20:13
I hope MP makes a compact magwell for gen4 down the road. I may end up getting a zev if I run out of patience.

Just bought my first glock and the only sticking point is reloads. I keep catching the rim in the back or hitting the front of the well. I never had such a problem reloading before.

0uTkAsT
07-13-17, 22:48
I hope MP makes a compact magwell for gen4 down the road. I may end up getting a zev if I run out of patience.
It's been planned from the start, they'll have several more models available "late summer".

DirectTo
07-14-17, 00:02

Just bought my first glock and the only sticking point is reloads. I keep catching the rim in the back or hitting the front of the well. I never had such a problem reloading before.
I just ordered one for my RTF last night and am looking forward to getting home and getting it.

If you click "Specs" on their site it lists part numbers for the Gen 4 magwells...so they'll be here in due time:

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/miscellaneous/gl-enhanced-magazine-well

Grunow
07-14-17, 08:18
They are about ten bucks cheaper too.

The lowest price I'm seeing today on Wikiarm for Magpul Glock mags is $12, PLUS shipping. CDNN has Glock OEM mags for $18 presently, with free shipping. I just don't really see real value in using non-OEM Glock mags with that kind of $5.00 difference. Others may, but I have seen on several occasions the Magpul Glock magazine fail during training events with various students. I can't recall ever seeing a Glock OEM mag be the source of a malfunction. Ammo *in* a Glock OEM, yes, but the mag itself? No.

0uTkAsT
07-14-17, 08:48
The lowest price I'm seeing today on Wikiarm for Magpul Glock mags is $12, PLUS shipping. CDNN has Glock OEM mags for $18 presently, with free shipping. I just don't really see real value in using non-OEM Glock mags with that kind of $5.00 difference. Others may, but I have seen on several occasions the Magpul Glock magazine fail during training events with various students. I can't recall ever seeing a Glock OEM mag be the source of a malfunction. Ammo *in* a Glock OEM, yes, but the mag itself? No.
I feel the same. I'm a big Magpul fan but part of the reason I love my Glocks so much in the first place is cheap, plentiful, and reliable OEM magazines. I would grab some of the 21 round PMAGs if I ever saw them on sale just for sh*ts and giggles, but they'd have to be dirt cheap (<$12 shipped) to do so.

Turnkey11
07-16-17, 11:40
Probably the Vickers magazine catch.

QuickStrike
07-16-17, 12:40
custom fit bicycle innertube