PDA

View Full Version : Sweden's new man-portable antitank weapon

Slater
06-28-17, 12:58
Looks fairly compact for a top-attack capable weapon:

http://saab.com/land/weapon-systems/support-weapons/NLAW/

chuckman
06-28-17, 13:13
SAAB makes the Gustav, so why not?? I will take one in sleek black and one in subdued black, please!

C-grunt
06-29-17, 05:11
Looks like a mini Javelin with a smaller built in CLU.

Looks like it could be very useful but the short range is kind of a bummer.

Moose-Knuckle
06-29-17, 05:42
NLAW huh?

I wonder how long it will take for some Joe's to come up with a nickname for it concerning mother-in-laws . . .

Straight Shooter
06-29-17, 07:32
As an old 0351..THIS PLEASES ME.

SomeOtherGuy
06-29-17, 11:50
Back in the 1980's Turbo days, SAAB informally stood for "suddenly, an amazing burst!" I drove one once, the turbo lag was impressive.

Now, SAAB can stand for "suddenly, an amazing blast!"

Big A
06-29-17, 14:12
Back in the 1980's Turbo days, SAAB informally stood for "suddenly, an amazing burst!" I drove one once, the turbo lag was impressive.

Now, SAAB can stand for "suddenly, an amazing blast!"
Sierra
Alpha
Alpha
Bravo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

vicious_cb
06-29-17, 14:20
Whats the point. They won't back up Finland if the Russians invade and they keep letting in refugees. More ornaments on the titanic.

They wont back up Finland if the Russians invade and theyre letting the wrong kind of refugees.

SomeOtherGuy
06-29-17, 14:57
They won't back up Finland if the Russians invade

Do you think that's actually a risk? Like more of a risk than the chances of a 300-foot-tall Jar Jar Binks stomping through Manhattan while singing country music? Something that the most paranoid worry-wart would lose a second's sleep over?

I think Russia learned their lesson with Finland. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War ) Russia invading Finland again would be about 1000 times dumber than the US invading Vietnam today. It's so far beyond full-retard that it's some kind of turbo-dubstep-ukelele retard.

On the "refugee" (invader) side, not much argument, except that it looks like Sweden might be heading for major political change in the next year.

Coal Dragger
06-29-17, 16:03
As an old 0351..THIS PLEASES ME.

This.

0351's need this in their tool box. This could fill a gap that exists between the SMAW and the Javelin. Particularly useful for the weapons platoon in regular line companies.

I'd much rather carry that around if I had to again instead of a Javelin tube or CLU in circumstances where encountering armor was unlikely.