PDA

View Full Version : Hammer pin walking

omegajb
06-28-17, 13:06
I have a Colt 6920 built in 2012. The stock trigger was like rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together so I replaced it with a Geissele G2S. I'm having issues with the hammer pin sliding causing the gun to fail. I double checked the hammer sping is in the right direction and on top of the trigger pin. In addition it came with a retainer for the hammer pin which is installed too but it keeps walking.

I've never been a big believer in the anti-walk/rotation pins but short of that does anyone have any suggestions?

titsonritz
06-28-17, 13:51
Are you certain you do not have a large pin lower?

omegajb
06-28-17, 13:59
I'm 99% sure it is standard Milspec pins based on the year. The pins feel snug when pressed with a finger which isn't exactly scientific.

joeyjoe
06-28-17, 20:02
yeah, your pins are .154 (mil spec). Like you, Im actually having difficulty with a G2S FCG and a BCM lower. My hammer pin retaining clip is installed properly (to the best of my knowledge), but the hammer pin continues to walk. My pin walks very slowly so it has yet to cause the rifle to malfunction, but it would if i didn't correct the pin periodically. I have a lot of experience with mil spec triggers, but very little experience with aftermarket 2 stage triggers. Im not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything. Its interesting that we appear to be having the same problem. The hammer pin retaining clip doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know if the Geissele SSA requires the use of a hammer pin retaining clip?

Iraqgunz
06-28-17, 20:10
Something is wrong. Pics would be spectacular. A quick way to check hammer/trigger pin holes is to use a firing pin. Remove the hammer and slide a firing pin into the hammer pin hole. You should feel it move against the inside of the hole. If it is a .170 then it will be sloppy.

ALso, make sure your hammer pin has the 3 grooves and that the D ring is snapped into place onto the hammer and that pin is locked in.

I have a Colt 6920 built in 2012. The stock trigger was like rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together so I replaced it with a Geissele G2S. I'm having issues with the hammer pin sliding causing the gun to fail. I double checked the hammer sping is in the right direction and on top of the trigger pin. In addition it came with a retainer for the hammer pin which is installed too but it keeps walking.

I've never been a big believer in the anti-walk/rotation pins but short of that does anyone have any suggestions?

gunnerblue
06-28-17, 20:10
SSA's do not. Nor does any other G trigger aside from the budget G2S series, if I recall correctly

Iraqgunz
06-28-17, 20:11
Have either of you contact Geissele for assistance or troubleshooting guidance? If so, what did they advise? If not, why not?

omegajb
06-28-17, 20:20
SSA's do not. Nor does any other G trigger aside from the budget G2S series, if I recall correctly
Correct, the pins I have are 2 groove which makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

omegajb
06-28-17, 20:21
Have either of you contact Geissele for assistance or troubleshooting guidance? If so, what did they advise? If not, why not?
Not yet, I thought the issue was resolved until I went to the range yesterday and the hammer pin slid out. I'll have to call them in the morning.

Iraqgunz
06-28-17, 20:23
Which is also irrelevant as long as you are putting the grooved part of the pin into D ring clip.

Correct, the pins I have are 2 groove which makes no sense.

omegajb
06-28-17, 20:33
I'm wondering if I have the correct pins then. I this trigger was new but came in a secondary package. It was from a reputable dealer but this would explain why the retainer isn't working. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170629/13e20d425e0aeb19ddd416debbe2dfdf.jpg