PDA

View Full Version : 20 rd Mag Couplers

pm40
10-22-06, 12:03
Does anyone know where I can get magazine couplers for 20 rd AR-15 mags? All I seem to be able to find are 30 rounders. Thanks!
:confused:

Steve
10-22-06, 12:33
I have yet to find one worth there draw backs

redi mag is the best choice (adds weight to gun and changes balance)

In a recenet Leo class i taught a swat LT had a mag coupler he never trained with it just carried it........ on his first string of fire while speed loading he found out like many others that the top round had came foward on the magazine and would not allow him to load his next mag...

this is just one point to consider......

I would however if you decide to try them tangodown would be the choice......

pm40
10-23-06, 15:40
well maybe in that case i may just go without it, this too will be for work. Ive never used one at work or on the range,and if that is a problem, one that i dont want to have to deal with, i'll just go with one in the mag well and one in the mag pouch on the stock. I find myself buying alot of stuff that later wish i hadnt,i need to start learning from others mistakes for awhile, mine are getting too expensive....thanks for the info!!!

Steve
10-23-06, 16:20
To take up less room on our bat belts i agree a stock carrier isnt a bad idea or take a close look at the redi mag and see if it fits your needs....

Redi mag is popular with some depts the only issues i have with it is it requiers a bit of training (like anything else we do) to learn it very well and the fine motor skills to go with it... and it does change the balance of the platform you are using.. good luck