PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ACS any news?

csun_00
10-02-08, 09:44
I know the Magpul guys often peruse this site so I wanted to ask the forum if there was any news about the Magpul ACS stock. I have had a pre-order for one for about three months now. Is there any news, should I cancel my order and get a CTR.

rmecapn
10-02-08, 10:34
I know the Magpul guys often peruse this site so I wanted to ask the forum if there was any news about the Magpul ACS stock. I have had a pre-order for one for about three months now. Is there any news, should I cancel my order and get a CTR.

The ACS is just a CTR with storage. If you don't need the storage, go with the CTR. If you need the storage, I would suggest a EMod or SOPMOD stock.

Ridge_Runner_5
10-02-08, 17:39
Or the UBR, since it comes with a storage unit...

WallaS
10-02-08, 18:06
Any pics of the ACS? I checked Magpuls site and googled it but no go.

Tom_Jones
10-02-08, 18:18
deleted

sgtmajor
10-02-08, 18:30
Look in the 2008 Magpul catalog (linked from their home page in the lower righthand corner) : http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/2008catalog.pdf

id like to see a real one. i only saw the steach :confused:

LibertyCola
12-13-08, 01:19
bump for pics

Ridge_Runner_5
12-13-08, 02:45
It kinda looks like the M93 based on that sketch in the catalog...

jmart
12-13-08, 10:55
To me it looks like Magpul's version of an E-Mod.

sholling
12-13-08, 11:40
Or the UBR, since it comes with a storage unit...
UBRs are about as hard to find as hen's teeth right now.

Stickman
12-13-08, 11:50
The ACS is just a CTR with storage.

I would have to disagree.

Ridge_Runner_5
12-13-08, 11:55
UBRs are about as hard to find as hen's teeth right now.

True that...a friend has one from when they first were released to certain dealers...I fondle his rifle with it every chance I can...love that stock...balances out a weapon so well...

olds442tyguy
12-13-08, 17:22
The ACS isn't like the CTR. It's a lot like VLTOR's offerings. It looks very promising to me.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/thealpal/magpulACS.jpg

NickB
12-13-08, 18:38
The ACS is just a CTR with storage. If you don't need the storage, go with the CTR. If you need the storage, I would suggest a EMod or SOPMOD stock.

The ACS more of a CTR/UBR/SOPMOD hybrid.

Unfortunately, no updates at this time, but soon. The ACS is moving right along, but we're sticking to our new rule about not releasing information until products are ready to rock.

YVK
12-13-08, 18:44
How does it compare to UBR or SOPMOD in terms of weight?

NickB
12-13-08, 18:46

Lighter than the UBR, but I'm not sure about the SOPMOD - I'll see if I can find an ACS and SOPMOD to weigh on Monday.

Left Sig
12-13-08, 19:22
I loved the cheek-weld on the SOPMOD, but it's just too damn expensive for a piece of plastic, and I liked the friction locking feature on the CTR. Having the CTR's no-play locking in a stock shaped like the SOPMOD is about as close to ideal as I can think of - as long as it still has the socket for quick-release swivels.

YVK
12-13-08, 21:23
Lighter than the UBR, but I'm not sure about the SOPMOD - I'll see if I can find an ACS and SOPMOD to weigh on Monday.

Nick, this would be very appreciated.

LibertyCola
12-14-08, 00:27

some more pics while you are at it please!:D

bkb0000
12-14-08, 02:35
the perfect stock is:

1. Not as expensive as a SOPMOD
2. Not as heavy as a UBR
3. Shaped like a SOPMOD
4. Extends like a UBR

with special emphasis on 3 and 4

i would buy 5.... million.

csun_00
12-14-08, 13:57
Since I started this thread I have canceled my order for the ACS. I went with the UBR instead. I have only one word for that beautiful piece of engineering. AWESOME, not to mention an excellent conversation piece at the range. The preset pulls on the stock are ingenious.

CLHC
12-14-08, 14:07
Looking forward to it when it does. . .:cool:

JSGlock34
12-22-08, 19:14

Nick,

I was distracted by the MagPul/Noveske news last week, which briefly managed to eclipse the ACS in my thoughts. Now that that buzz has passed, can you share any more details about the ACS?

Thanks!

BAC
12-22-08, 19:22
I gotta know. Does it pull facial hair? :o

-B

SeriousStudent
12-22-08, 20:12

I have an SOPMOD and a CTR. If I can find an accurate scale, I'll weigh them both.

I don't have a UBR (yet) so I can't weight that for you.

BVickery
12-22-08, 20:24

You guys just love designing stuff that parts me with my money, don't you. :D

Well, as the simple business model goes: Design a product people want, Build it well, price it right and they will sell themselves.

dutch308
12-25-08, 11:49
Nick,

I just saw the ACS and the MOE Handguards on Magpuls website and called about them, and like I am finding out, you folks don't give release dates, but, is there a way to Pre-Order these items? If so I would be very interested in doing so.