PDA

View Full Version : RECO FOR BCG

Mullins223
07-01-17, 08:43
Hi all:
I'm putting together another AR. I've already got the barrel ( Green Mountain ) and a new upper. I was going to use a BCG from another gun I have but have re-thought that. I've decided to just go for a new BCG - which of course is the better way to do it.
I'd like recommendations for one. I have a nickle-boron plated unit in my other gun and that's nice and works fine, but this time I'd rather go for nitrided/melonite.
Aero Precision has a nice looking unit but I don't like that they have their logo on it.
So, would like to get opinions on this.

Thanks for replies

dmd08
07-01-17, 08:52
I've had no problems so far with BCM, Sionics, Sons of Liberty Gunworks and toolcraft BCGs.

everready73
07-01-17, 09:43
Check Monmouth Reloading or WC Armory for the Toolcraft nitride. I would recommend the one with 158 bolt. They are priced right and Gtg

JasonB1
07-01-17, 10:19
I have had good luck with Colt (duh) and Premium (not ptac, et al) Palmetto State Armory groups. The Toocraft groups from Cryptic Coatings have the mil spec testing done but not everyone selling them has done that.

It seems like to me that as long as the bcg is made out of the correct steel and there isn't some attempt at deception in what is being sold you should be ok. All of mine have had the destructive testing done, but not 100% sure that is a must or not depending on QC with the rest of the processes.

Based on the question being posed in the past, this will likely devolve in to several pages more akin to superstition than science lol

Mullins223
07-01-17, 11:32
Thank you all for your input. I'm going to go with the Toolcraft. Best price for what you get.