PDA

View Full Version : LaRue QD, DD A1.5, LMT type and carry handle sights?

NYH1
07-02-17, 15:46
Right now I have a LMT type (carry handle cut down) rear sight on my carbine. I had a DD A1.5 rear fixed sight on it and actually liked it a little better....to a certain extent. It was a tad lower then the LMT type and was just a little easier to look over for the lower 1/3 co-witness with my Aim Point PRO.

I like to have my rear iron sight up all the time. I just look over the rear sight and the dots right there in my Aim Point. I see the sight, look over it without thinking and it's lightening quick. I also like to take my rear sight and Aim Point off from time to time and put my carry handle on.

My LMT type sight is the same height as all our carry handles. They use the same front sight post height for elevation so no adjustments needed. Plus to remove/install the LMT/carry handles it just requires a quarter or a pocket knife which I always have.

There were two, actually three problems with the DD A1.5 sight. 1- I had to use a screw driver to remove and reinstall it. 2- With the height being different then the carry handle (the sight in it that is) I had to adjust my front sight post height every time....pain in the rear. 3- My wife liked it....so it's now on her carbine LOL!

So does any know if LaRue's Tactical BUIS QD LT103 is the same height as the DD A1.5 or the LMT/carry handles? It looks like the DD sight. However I've never seen one in person.

Thanks, NYH1.

JasonB1
07-02-17, 17:21
http://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=993118&CAT=8276

The XS apertures are shorter than USGI so they require a corresponding amount of screwing in the front to zero.

I would think most any sight change would stand a decent chance of requiring elevation adjustment to zero.

Also, are you sure your DD rear was legit? I bought what I am 99% sure was a knock off DD front sight and it was significantly shorter than any other front sight I have used. Fairly sure I have seen Paul Howe tips where he used a DD front with a Larue rear and a CSAT aperture. If there was much of a height difference I don't think that would zero for elevation every time.

NYH1
07-02-17, 18:40
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the info. If my DD sight isn't legit then DD is selling fake DD products on their wed site LOL. So I'm sure it's good to go. I really like it. Just prefer to be able remove them without tools. I wonder if I went with the regular aperture in the LaRue if the height would be close to the LMT/carry handle or the DD A1.5?

I have one of these CSAT apertures http://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=993120&CAT=8276 I can't use it. It doesn't work with my eyes. It looks like one huge U to me. Be willing to trade it off.

Thanks again, NYH1.

JasonB1
07-02-17, 19:26
I would say legit too lol

I have no idea on height of the Larue...just recall seeing it in combo with a DD front.

I have one of the CSAT apertures also and didn't find the notch to work well with my eyes either...fortunately the round apertures work well. The CSAT appears to be the same height as an A2 aperture but the standard xs is shorter.

NYH1
07-02-17, 20:13
Ok, thanks Jason.

NYH1.

NYH1
07-03-17, 13:28
I went ahead and ordered the LaRue Tactical BUIS QD LT103 with XS Sight same plane aperture. The more I thought about it, I probably won't swap the sight on this carbine upper anymore. I built a AR15A4 20" NM type upper that I use a carry handle exclusively on. So I'll get a lot of my carry handle fix with that. I have others too. So I'll give the LaRue a try.

NYH1.

itsmcgavinson
07-06-17, 19:49
You made an excellent choice. LaRue's BUIS is top notch.

NYH1
07-07-17, 19:29
You made an excellent choice. LaRue's BUIS is top notch.
It came today. Gotta sight it in now see how I like the same plane aperture. I use the smaller hole most of the time. There's not a lot of material between the outside of the center hole and the outside of the aperture itself. It's different.

NYH1.