PDA

View Full Version : 6920/6721 question

Neener Neener
10-02-08, 14:02
I have come across a 6920 lower/6721 upper combination with a FN bolt. The seller states he purchased it at a show and has never fired it. He states it looks like it is brand new and never fired, though he cannot say 100% because he doesn't know whether the dealer built this or got it in almost new condition from a trade/sale. He thinks the bolt is an auto bolt. From what I understand, FN bolts are not available to the public. Is that correct? What is the quality of the FN bolts? I know Colt makes a quality weapon, but should I be concerned about the different upper and lower? It is still in the box he bought it in, has the 2 new mags, and a new cleaning kit. So, what do you guys think would be a fair price and do you think it's a good combo for a build? Thanks for helping a newb.........

markm
10-02-08, 14:18
I wonder if you mean a 6721 barrel (1/9" HBAR)???

I think the 6921 barrel is a 14.5" M4... which would mean it's a short barreled rifle.

If it's in fact the 6721 barrel, I'd suspect that someone wanted the AR15-A3 tactical carbine lower, but liked the 6920 1/7 barrel. (there are people who find this combo desireable for whatever reason) Thus, the two left over halves are what he's selling.

As far as the FN bolt/carrier, I have no idea.

I wouldn't pay more than $1,000 for this set up because a complete and brand new 6920 can be had for $1200. A gun of unknown usage and origin can't command the value of a factory new weapon.

Neener Neener
10-02-08, 16:52
I wonder if you mean a 6721 barrel (1/9" HBAR)???

I think the 6921 barrel is a 14.5" M4... which would mean it's a short barreled rifle.

You are correct, sir. After checking, I don't think he got his upper specs right. It is a Tactical upper, HBAR with a 1/9.

markm
10-03-08, 08:22
It sounds to me like someone took the two halves they didn't want and are trying to sell them.

I'd take the gun if it were priced RIGHT.