PDA

View Full Version : Less lethal is not the answer

yoni
07-04-17, 17:13
https://youtu.be/siJ2SIAbRYM

Det-Sog
07-04-17, 17:57
Man.. Those little French police cars go really fast in REVERSE!!!

So glad I'm not doing LEO work anymore. 25 years was enough. We would not have tolerated that crap "back in the day".

26 Inf
07-04-17, 21:34
That was some shit. I'm pretty tolerant, but I'm afraid I would have dropped the guy that tossed the firebomb in the back of the unit early on.

Whats the story, did they underestimate the crowds, or just not prepare with enough personnel?

flenna
07-04-17, 21:49
Man.. Those little French police cars go really fast in REVERSE!!!.

Reminds me of the old joke about the new French main battle tank. It has 6 reverse gears and one forward gear- just in case the enemy gets behind them.

Jellybean
07-04-17, 22:19
Anyone else pick up the Aloha Snackbar shout-outs at a couple points in that vid?
Maybe it's time for a patrol rifle program for the police over there?
Oh, right... that might make the poor fellas feel unwelcome... :rolleyes:

Per the actions of those in government that has led to this, and the idiotic hordes of suicidal hand-clappers spurring them on...
"Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it Treason".

SteyrAUG
07-05-17, 00:35
That was some shit. I'm pretty tolerant, but I'm afraid I would have dropped the guy that tossed the firebomb in the back of the unit early on.

No kidding, if that doesn't cross lethal force threshold then nothing does. Looks like a lot of guys who don't have the proper equipment or support for the job. When antagonistic forces are actually burning tires and breaking up the sidewalk for rocks to throw...you are no longer in control.

I can't believe I actually saw that. Burning effin tires.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-05-17, 01:09
OK, no more making fun of people practicing for zombies. Sweet JC. What a cluster. I so thought that cop that got out of that car that had been fired bombed was going to open a can of whoop ass. Problem was all he had was his dick in his hand. That 'protester' is lucky he didn't end up with that pipe shoved up him.

mark5pt56
07-05-17, 05:32
People may not like it but if these sand creatures were handed what the old Polizei or SA police did it would stop. OOB, gummi sticks, K9 and water cannon. When I was in the FRG peaceful protest were a weekly thing, but the people understood that life is better on two legs.

JoshNC
07-05-17, 06:57

Whats the story, did they underestimate the crowds, or just not prepare with enough personnel?

It is simply amazing that a) the French police don't appear to be armed and b) they are not cracking heads open and ventilating people who are fire bombing and smashing the windows of police cars.

The first few minutes it appears the perps are Caucasian. I wonder if all of the footage is of migrants or if some of the footage includes the protests over work laws by French youth.

duece71
07-05-17, 07:37
Goodbye France, it was nice knowing you.

WillBrink
07-05-17, 11:21
Terrible to watch and largely ignored by US media. When your police are unarmed, all they can do is run away cuz we can't have people throwing fire bombs, rocks, etc getting hurt.... I feel bad for the LE in such places. It's a losing battle for them. Do people in France see this chit on the news? What about other euro countries? As far as less lethals, don't see them being deployed either. Gas, rubber bullets, water cannons, etc at least. I mean, WTF?

Det-Sog
07-05-17, 11:33
Terrible to watch and largely ignored by US media. When your police are unarmed, all they can do is run away cuz we can't have people throwing fire bombs, rocks, etc getting hurt.... I feel bad for the LE in such places. It's a losing battle for them. Do people in France see this chit on the news? What about other euro countries? As far as less lethals, don't see them being deployed either. Gas, rubber bullets, water cannons, etc at least. I mean, WTF?

But the guy in the beginning that ALLOWS himself to get firebombed, was armed... Unless the sidearm on his hip was a rubber gun. Hey, it is France. Just might have been a rubber gun...

I'm all for gas, rubber bullets and water cannons, until firebombs and other deadly weapons (steel pipes ect) come into play. I can tell you what I or ANYONE in my state would have done the second it even looked like someone was going to launch a firebomb in our direction.. Again... That was back in the day... I saw some VERY similar actions up in Baltimore not too long ago... Again, thank goodness I walked away in one piece after 25 years.

WillBrink
07-05-17, 11:38
But the guy in the beginning that ALLOWS himself to get firebombed, was armed... Unless the sidearm on his hip was a rubber gun. Hey, it is France. Just might have been a rubber gun...

I'm all for gas, rubber bullets and water cannons, until firebombs and other deadly weapons (steel pipes ect) come into play. I can tell you what I or ANYONE in my state would have done the second it even looked like someone was going to launch a firebomb in our direction.. Again... That was back in the day... I saw some VERY similar actions up in Baltimore not too long ago... Again, thank goodness I walked away in one piece after 25 years.

My major point is the fact via the OP, we can't say less lethal not the answer because they don't seem to even be using them! I don't disagree with any of your comments. I'd have no interest throwing rubber bullets back in response to firebombs... Didn't note the pistol on his hip, thanx. No one would convict and LEO in the US for dropping someone who just attempted to burn him to death in his car.

Det-Sog
07-05-17, 11:43
My major point is the fact via the OP, we can't say less lethal not the answer because they don't seem to even be using them! I don't disagree with any of your comments. I'd have no interest throwing rubber bullets back in response to firebombs... Didn't note the pistol on his hip, thanx. No one would convict and LEO in the US for dropping someone who just attempted to burn him to death in his car.

Agreed.

Averageman
07-05-17, 11:49
Logically the majority will only allow this to continue so long. When that "so long" line is crossed they might have a real riot on thier hands protecting the same immigrants from the majority of the citizens who have had enough of this crap.

Doc. Holiday
07-05-17, 11:55

Can't speak for France, but when I was living in Italy for a few years, all the "armed" guards had SMGs but were only allowed to have rubber bullets in them. :(

Benito
07-05-17, 11:59
Logically the majority will only allow this to continue so long. When that "so long" line is crossed they might have a real riot on thier hands protecting the same immigrants from the majority of the citizens who have had enough of this crap.

Majorities are irrelevant, historically speaking.
Rarely, if ever, has a majority been needed to effect any substantial change. It is an organized, determined, focused, radical, well-funded and relatively small (in number) contingent that initiates change. The majority follow, do as they are told, follow the path of least resistance, etc.
This was as true during the American Revolution as it is to this day, and as it was back throughout recorded history.
Conversely, the majority is also irrelevant in that the majority can be for change, but will not be able to effect it without acting outside the voting booth.

glocktogo
07-05-17, 12:59

I don't know. The UK seems to be expending more resources on identifying and prosecuting citizens who say hurtful things about Muslims than they are on identifying and prosecuting the Muslims committing acts of terrorism. :(

THCDDM4
07-05-17, 13:25
If France and the rest of Europe wants to get out of this mess, they have quite a long and hard road ahead of them. Political Correctness, pussified men and multiculturalism bullshit has eroded the very fabric of their nations.

To be blunt, realistic and crass all at the same time- Western European civilization and culture is going to be Fvcked and procreated out of existence in short order. The few left will be irrelevant and the derka's in control will not care one bit about minority status. Just a few generations left...

When an LEO just stands there and takes being firebombed and assaulted you are well beyond the pale and likely not coming back anytime soon if at all.

Make sure you teach your children the importance of freedom, our Constitution/Bill of Rights and to NOT fall for the ridiculous bullshit that is Political Correctness, Multiculturalism or being ashamed of being who they are or feeling as if they owe anyone anything other than common decency and respect.

Otherwise The USA will soon follow in the footsteps of Europe...

Det-Sog
07-05-17, 15:12
Can't speak for France, but when I was living in Italy for a few years, all the "armed" guards had SMGs but were only allowed to have rubber bullets in them. :(

The opening conversation sums it up... Gawd I miss the 80's. You could still do your job.

https://youtu.be/8Rcqh2XSqAc

SteyrAUG
07-05-17, 15:42
It is simply amazing that a) the French police don't appear to be armed and b) they are not cracking heads open and ventilating people who are fire bombing and smashing the windows of police cars.

The first few minutes it appears the perps are Caucasian. I wonder if all of the footage is of migrants or if some of the footage includes the protests over work laws by French youth.

Really, they just need one guy. Too bad he's gone.

http://www.chinawhisper.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bruce-lee-nunchakus.jpg

Campbell
07-05-17, 15:59
Are these riots all from 2017?

titsonritz
07-05-17, 16:04
Really, they just need one guy. Too bad he's gone.

http://www.chinawhisper.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bruce-lee-nunchakus.jpg

I'm not sure The Man bustin' heads with a set-o-chucks qualifies as "less lethal".

SteyrAUG
07-05-17, 17:32
I'm not sure The Man bustin' heads with a set-o-chucks qualifies as "less lethal".

LOL. Neither am I, but it's what is needed. And would be fun and entertaining to watch.

WillBrink
07-05-17, 18:45

Is less lethal than a turning a mini gun on that crowd :ph34r:

Kain
07-05-17, 19:28

Of topic. Why do they call it a mini gun? I mean the only thing that I see mini about that thing is the chucks it leaves behind.

T2C
07-05-17, 19:48
A 4" fire hose dispensed a crowd quite nicely.

WillBrink
07-05-17, 20:06
Of topic. Why do they call it a mini gun? I mean the only thing that I see mini about that thing is the chucks it leaves behind.

While it will make a hell of a mess, it will at least leave structures standing. The GAU-19/B, maybe not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYMXafe60LU

26 Inf
07-05-17, 20:24

Pretty sure because the first ones were scaled down versions of the Vulcan electric fired rotary cannon used on fighter aircraft, hence they were 'miniguns'

MegademiC
07-05-17, 20:45

And you'd only have to do it one time. It's the language people like that speak.

I mean, I'm no authority, but I'd imagine watching your home-boy get ground into an oozing pile of meat would resonate with all types.

HardToHandle
07-05-17, 21:25
Man.. Those little French police cars go really fast in REVERSE!!!
So glad I'm not doing LEO work anymore. 25 years was enough. We would not have tolerated that crap "back in the day".

20 years ago, I was on the law side of at least two riots where the police had to back down at the direction of the command staff on scene. Same story in the Seattle WTO riots and the most recent Baltimore riots. My experience is that this kind of crap is tolerated regularly for various political reasons.

I feel for the French cops being hung out to dry. Something tells me Macron is not going to be a hardliner... France is the epitome of a modern liberal system (mostly...).

These videos just remind us of why distance from disorder is so important.

Jellybean
07-05-17, 22:48
OK, no more making fun of people practicing for zombies. Sweet JC. What a cluster. I so thought that cop that got out of that car that had been fired bombed was going to open a can of whoop ass. Problem was all he had was his dick in his hand. That 'protester' is lucky he didn't end up with that pipe shoved up him.

I actually kind of got a kick out of his attitude towards the whole thing- his whole demeanor was just like "Really? Why today?" :laugh:

Majorities are irrelevant, historically speaking.
Rarely, if ever, has a majority been needed to effect any substantial change. It is an organized, determined, focused, radical, well-funded and relatively small (in number) contingent that initiates change. The majority follow, do as they are told, follow the path of least resistance, etc.
This was as true during the American Revolution as it is to this day, and as it was back throughout recorded history.
Conversely, the majority is also irrelevant in that the majority can be for change, but will not be able to effect it without acting outside the voting booth.

Indeed. It's unfortunate that whole "irate tireless minority" setting brushfires cuts both ways...

Are these riots all from 2017?

No, a compilation from 2016-ish- I recognize footage from multiple events last year.

Jellybean
07-05-17, 23:41

Bracken actually wrote an interesting article in that vein a couple years back, with some varied ideas on outcomes for both sides;

http://gatesofvienna.net/2015/11/tet-take-two-islams-2016-european-offensive/

If France and the rest of Europe wants to get out of this mess, they have quite a long and hard road ahead of them. Political Correctness, pussified men and multiculturalism bullshit has eroded the very fabric of their nations.

To be blunt, realistic and crass all at the same time- Western European civilization and culture is going to be Fvcked and procreated out of existence in short order. The few left will be irrelevant and the derka's in control will not care one bit about minority status. Just a few generations left...

When an LEO just stands there and takes being firebombed and assaulted you are well beyond the pale and likely not coming back anytime soon if at all.

Make sure you teach your children the importance of freedom, our Constitution/Bill of Rights and to NOT fall for the ridiculous bullshit that is Political Correctness, Multiculturalism or being ashamed of being who they are or feeling as if they owe anyone anything other than common decency and respect.

Otherwise The USA will soon follow in the footsteps of Europe...

People like to laugh that off, but... it's actually kind of a thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ildtq20FK7I

And that's just a tiny little overview of the tip of the iceberg- there's a lot more to it, and ongoing in the same vein. Even here.

Moose-Knuckle
07-06-17, 05:21
That video in the OP is old, comprised of various incidents.

I first read of migrant riots in Paris back in the 90's in SOF. The mainstream media will not show what is going on in Western Europe. Italy declared a national emergency last week and has requested international help due to the tens of thousands of benevolent boat people landing on their shores from North Africa. Swedish police last month declared more "no-go" zones.

Coudenhove-Kalergi plan in full effect . . .