View Full Version : Beware of Fobus Holsters-video

TBone
06-15-06, 15:51
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7160

TBone

eggroll
06-15-06, 15:56
Tbone

what has been the trend in typical points of failure on the FOBUS holster design?

Darrin

Zip06
06-15-06, 16:53
I have seen the Fobus paddle holster fail twice in training. You get what you pay for.

ArchAngel
06-15-06, 18:23
I'm not defending the Fobus holster but that video is misleading.

The only designed open carry holsters are duty-style holsters - law enforcement or military.

That is a typical law enforcement rear grab style take-away.

The Fobus is designed as a concealed holster or range holster/competition use.

The gun grab used on that video far exceeds the design of the holster.

The key to concealment is not being seen - if the holster/weapon is not seen then you shouldn't have to worry about a gun grab like that.

It is the owner's responsibility to check the wear/condition of their equipment. If it's broken or worn - fix or replace it.

Give me any open top concealment holster and someone that wants to stand there defensless for a rear weapon grab and I'll exceed the design capabilities of the holster and twist, warp, and remove 99% of the weapons from them.

If you're worried about security - buy a security holster or conceal your weapon better.

PossumKop
06-15-06, 18:31
I'm not defending the Fobus holster but that video is misleading.

The only designed open carry holsters are duty-style holsters - law enforcement or military.

That is a typical law enforcement rear grab style take-away.

The Fobus is designed as a concealed holster or range holster/competition use.

The gun grab used on that video far exceeds the design of the holster.

The key to concealment is not being seen - if the holster/weapon is not seen then you shouldn't have to worry about a gun grab like that.

It is the owner's responsibility to check the wear/condition of their equipment. If it's broken or worn - fix or replace it.

Give me any open top concealment holster and someone that wants to stand there defensless for a rear weapon grab and I'll exceed the design capabilities of the holster and twist, warp, and remove 99% of the weapons from them.

If you're worried about security - buy a security holster or conceal your weapon better.

Yep I agree and well put. But I also agree you get what you pay for.

TBone
06-15-06, 19:26
Tbone

what has been the trend in typical points of failure on the FOBUS holster design?

Darrin
I'm not aware of any "trends". I just know that it's been proven that it can happen.

mark5pt56
06-15-06, 22:43
I wouldn't rate the Uncle Mikes much better.