PDA

View Full Version : MEOPTA MEOSTAR 1-4x Kdot

Impact
10-22-06, 13:52
anybody has experiences with them ? saw that group buy on TOS and it perked my interest..:)

thinking of getting one with a Larue SPR mount

not my pics

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1858/meopta1x4rd005mv9.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3461/meopta1x4rd004sl4.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1333/meopta1x4rd003kr0.jpg

Derek_Connor
10-22-06, 15:07
i'll let you know, i got in on the group buy over there...

so far, it has nothing but positive reviews. I have read some "so so" over on 10-8...we'll see

M4arc
10-23-06, 06:32
Headgear just posted about his in the "Custom Build" forum. He really likes his.

Robb Jensen
10-23-06, 07:22
Great optics. The Meopta is another scope that was first widely used in 3gun rifle competition for the last 2 yrs and now making it's way onto fighting guns.

I will probably start using one soon too. Being a left eye dominant right handed shooter sucks when using a 1.5x scope up close with both eyes open (my brain is like WTF!). The 1x of the Meopta is awesome and faster for me than my German No.4 reticle in my Vari-X III 1.5-5x Leupold.

MudBug
10-23-06, 09:35
Great optics. The Meopta is another scope that was first widely used in 3gun rifle competition for the last 2 yrs and now making it's way onto fighting guns.

I will probably start using one soon too. Being a left eye dominant right handed shooter sucks when using a 1.5x scope up close with both eyes open (my brain is like WTF!). The 1x of the Meopta is awesome and faster for me than my German No.4 reticle in my Vari-X III 1.5-5x Leupold.

Strange, I'm a left eye dominant, right handed shooter and I found the Meopta didn't work for me. It's a great scope, and the problem isn't Meopta's fault, it my eyes.

I've since found I have the same problem with any scope that has a knob on the left side of the scope body.

Robb Jensen
10-23-06, 11:11
Strange, I'm a left eye dominant, right handed shooter and I found the Meopta didn't work for me. It's a great scope, and the problem isn't Meopta's fault, it my eyes.

I've since found I have the same problem with any scope that has a knob on the left side of the scope body.

The amount of eye dominance in people varies just like the amount of peripherial vision does. Mine is fine for both eyes open using Aimpoints and Eotechs. But the 1.5x of the Leupold takes that extra time to get right and strains my right eye. When I go up higher than 2x I have to close my left eye.

MudBug
10-23-06, 20:24
The amount of eye dominance in people varies just like the amount of peripherial vision does. Mine is fine for both eyes open using Aimpoints and Eotechs. But the 1.5x of the Leupold takes that extra time to get right and strains my right eye. When I go up higher than 2x I have to close my left eye.

I also have no problems with the red-dots or my accupoint. I guess folks is jus defernt.

UPSguy
10-24-06, 15:23
Just curious and not trying to be a smart ass but how are you posting my pictures???

UPSguy
10-24-06, 15:27
Glass seemed very clear. Like the ability to do the Short dot thing and turn the illumination off between clicks. Don't like the built in 4" sunshade but can live with that. If it had a set of cross hairs that the dot was superimposed over I would have kept it. Seriously though, this is the second time my pics have been posted about this scope, how are people doing that?

Derek_Connor
10-24-06, 16:45
Glass seemed very clear. Like the ability to do the Short dot thing and turn the illumination off between clicks. Don't like the built in 4" sunshade but can live with that. If it had a set of cross hairs that the dot was superimposed over I would have kept it. Seriously though, this is the second time my pics have been posted about this scope, how are people doing that?

regarding your pictures, all "we" have to do is right click the picture, it brings up the properties of that particular file. It will give us its "source name" which is where you hosted it (imageshack/anything else), and then all you have to do is retype that source name in and it appears.

Back to the scope, what would happen if you saw off the 4inch sunshade?

Alpha Sierra
10-24-06, 17:12
Will that combination (Meostar 1-4X and Larue SPR 1.5) fit over a MI BUIS mounted on the rear most notch?

VA_Dinger
10-24-06, 18:18
I got to handle one before Grant moved to Ohio. It seemed like a very nice scope. The glass was very clear and the reticle seemed bright enough for daytime use. For the money it would be tough to find something to complain about.

Impact
10-24-06, 18:25
Just curious and not trying to be a smart ass but how are you posting my pictures???

Derek_Connor replied for me.

UPSguy
10-25-06, 03:07
Thanks for the reply on how you posted the pictures. I really didn't mind but was surprised to see pictures I took posted.

Alpha Sierra
10-25-06, 09:29
Will that combination (Meostar 1-4X and Larue SPR 1.5) fit over a MI BUIS mounted on the rear most notch?
Anyone know?

Thanks.

UPSguy
10-25-06, 11:28
If your MI is taller than the Troy or ARMS #40 then it might not fit. So, is it?

Alpha Sierra
10-25-06, 12:51
If your MI is taller than the Troy or ARMS #40 then it might not fit. So, is it?
Don't know. I'll have to measure it tonight and post it here so someone who does have a Troy or 40 can tell me. I have neither of those two.

As a follow on question, can anyone tell me how much the Larue SPR mount weighs?

I'm getting closer to deciding on an optic and would like to know as much as I can. Right now I am leaning towards a Leupold VX-III 1.5-5X with the illuminated circle dot reticle (same reticle as the CQ/T but illuminated in red instead of amber) on a Larue SPR.

Impact
10-25-06, 13:48
Thanks for the reply on how you posted the pictures. I really didn't mind but was surprised to see pictures I took posted.

yeah..That's the Internet :D

how do you like the scope so far ?

UPSguy
10-25-06, 13:52
yeah..That's the Internet :D

how do you like the scope so far ?
If it had a set of cross hairs with he dot superimposed over it I would have kept it. I think for the money, especially the GB price it is a great deal. Just not what I really wanted. Glass is very clear and I like the ability, like the short dot, to be able to turn the illumination off between settings without having to go all the way back to zero. Also, like the short dot it is indeed visible like an Aimpoint or Eotech in broad daylight.

Alpha Sierra
10-25-06, 17:49
.66" from the top of the T slots to the part of the sight over which the end of the occular bell of the scope would sit to give me the correct eye relief.

UPSguy
10-26-06, 03:03
.66" from the top of the T slots to the part of the sight over which the end of the occular bell of the scope would sit to give me the correct eye relief.Being that the MI is only .05" taller than the ARMS LP, my guess is that it would fit.