PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trick out a G35?

BuzzinSATX
07-07-17, 13:01
I'm thinking about a project Glock and was considering a G34, but after a lot of thought, I am really thinking about a G35 MOS, and one of the primary reasons is I want to turn it into a .357 Sig shooter.

I plan on ordering a Blue Label, and most of the mods would be conversion barrel (likely a KKM), some trigger components, sights, and some other minor stuff. May go with an optic, may not. I figure I'll put $900-$1000 into the gun by the time I'm done (w/out optic).

This gun would be primarily a range gun. Not looking to carry or need it for HD.

So my questions are for anyone who has a G22/35 either tricked it out and/or converted it into 357 Sig.

How did it turn out?

Any tips you can pass on?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDR_Glock
07-07-17, 15:58
That sounds like a great idea. Too bad there isn't a long slide 357 sig already.

I have a G34 with an RMR, Trijicon suppressor sights, Overwatch Precision trigger/bar, Ghost Triggers ultimate.

Optics are awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

yoni
07-07-17, 17:33
I converted mine to .357 sig, and mounted a RMR on it. I also dremeled the grip and stippled it.

Before you ask for pictures it is sitting in a safe 1200 miles from me at this point in time.

I couldn't tell any difference in 9mm hollowpoint and the .357 sig loaded hot ammo in recoil.

But time moved on and the advances in hollowpoint ammo made me realize no caliber offers any advantage over the other, so I went back to 9mm

NongShim
07-07-17, 18:23
This is just one man's opinion, but the primary reason to go long slide is for sight radius. A red dot sight has no sight radius.

I love the G34/35. Owned one of each and still have the .40; it won't wear a red dot though.

Roland Special is awesome, as is a 17/22 sized gun with red dot. Other than having a bulkier gun, you don't gain much from adding length once a red dot is in play.

I would suggest avoiding the MOS. Get the slide milled! The MOS puts the dot too high. All those folks talking about the learning curve on acquiring the dot are probably using a factory gun that came with a stack of adapter plates. That solution barely better than a dovetail mount.

MOS type guns are like this compared to milled guns...settling for the ugly girl you know gets around, rather than girding up your loins and going after the dream girl. Sure the MOS type gun will mount a dot. It's so easy you can be indecisive about which dot. You can easily sell to another indecisive guy. The milled gun is a commitment. You make a choice and stick with it. The end result is better though.

Milled gun is more secure and lower in slide making the dot easier.

Spiffums
07-07-17, 18:55
I had an old Ghost Rocket connector and dawson sights and ICE magwell on my G35 for IDPA. Added a steel recoil unit and with minor PF ammo it's stupid soft recoil wise. There is not really much you'd need to do outside of sights, trigger and recoil rod.

BuzzinSATX
07-07-17, 19:03
I couldn't tell any difference in 9mm hollowpoint and the .357 sig loaded hot ammo in recoil.

But time moved on and the advances in hollowpoint ammo made me realize no caliber offers any advantage over the other, so I went back to 9mm

Thanks for this post. To clarify, I want the 40/.357 model mainly due to the fact I wanted something kinda different. A long slide .357 seems to fit the bill nicely, and I want another .40 as I only have one G23. I have plenty of 9MM Glock's, and have decided the next 9MM "Glocks" I get will be 9MM CZ's [emoji23]

I appreciate all the inputs very much. Thanks!

KTR03
07-07-17, 23:50
Tricked out one with a 6 inch 357 barsto barrel about 15 years ago. Pretty cool. Easy to get 100 yard hits with it. Traded it for a freedom arms revolver of all things.

BuzzinSATX
07-08-17, 15:23
This is just one man's opinion, but the primary reason to go long slide is for sight radius. A red dot sight has no sight radius.

I love the G34/35. Owned one of each and still have the .40; it won't wear a red dot though.

Roland Special is awesome, as is a 17/22 sized gun with red dot. Other than having a bulkier gun, you don't gain much from adding length once a red dot is in play.

I would suggest avoiding the MOS. Get the slide milled! The MOS puts the dot too high. All those folks talking about the learning curve on acquiring the dot are probably using a factory gun that came with a stack of adapter plates. That solution barely better than a dovetail mount.

MOS type guns are like this compared to milled guns...settling for the ugly girl you know gets around, rather than girding up your loins and going after the dream girl. Sure the MOS type gun will mount a dot. It's so easy you can be indecisive about which dot. You can easily sell to another indecisive guy. The milled gun is a commitment. You make a choice and stick with it. The end result is better though.

Thanks for the input. I will do more research on the MOS guns versus milling. I didn't realize the MOS was that much higher. If I go to an optic, I would want one as low as possible.

I'm not a gamer other than IDPA once in a while, and I would not shoot IDPA with any pistol I don't carry regularly. I'm mainly looking for something I can build to shoot more accurately at longer distances...maybe out to 100 yards or longer. I want the ability to mount an optic like a 2 MOA Dot.

Again, appreciate everyone's opinions and ideas.

Dionysusigma
07-08-17, 22:41
Tagging this discussion for myself. Picked up a Gen 3 G34 about eight months ago that was a duty pistol - fixed night sights, standard connector, NY1 spring - that I still haven't done anything with (aside from replacing all the springs and striker, and putting 300rds through).

I'm looking at LPA sights, though reviews are few and far between; and an NP3'ed minus connector and TAC trigger from Overwatch. Maybe some decal grips in rubber, too.

Red dot optics on pistols just aren't my thing, honestly. By the time I "find" them, the irons are already there.

yoni
07-09-17, 05:42
My next Glocks will also all come from CZ, P07/09!

BuzzinSATX
07-11-17, 19:50

Man, the more I read this post, the more I am thinking HARD on just going with a G31 and building it out kinda like a Roland Special... Regardless, this will be a project for next winter...but I am really looking forward to it, once I decide which direction I'm headed...

Thanks again!