PDA

View Full Version : Colt AR15A4

Slater
07-08-17, 16:21
Took the plunge and put one of these on layaway today. I would think that most mags work well with this gun, but for those that own this particular model, are there any brands of mags that are problematic?

Stickman
07-09-17, 20:26
Took the plunge and put one of these on layaway today. I would think that most mags work well with this gun, but for those that own this particular model, are there any brands of mags that are problematic?

You shouldn't be seeing any issues at all. Congrats on your new purchase.

Mrgunsngear
07-09-17, 21:28

Nope, should be good with any STANAG compatible mag. That's one of my favorite all time rifles; it's an absolute pleasure to shoot.

masakari
07-09-17, 21:34
Check out Lancer L5AWMs. They are an excellent magazine.

mtscout
07-10-17, 20:04
Solid rifle.
My AR15A4 is accurate and functionally very good.
The trigger is ruff, but this is a service rifle.
The Magpul Gen3 work well.
I like the Colt and NHMTG metal magazines too.

Good shooting.

foxtrotx1
07-12-17, 13:00
I don't have the optics to test the accuracy of mine properly. What groups are you seeing at best? Mine shoots pretty good with irons.

Smooth rifle. Got it from Grant 3 years back I think.

Mrgunsngear
07-13-17, 09:10
I don't have the optics to test the accuracy of mine properly. What groups are you seeing at best? Mine shoots pretty good with irons.

Smooth rifle. Got it from Grant 3 years back I think.

1.5''

Doc Safari
07-13-17, 09:34
I clicked on this thread expecting pics.

Now post some pics, DANG IT! :jester:

Barfly76
07-13-17, 18:48
No mag issues.

I purchased a 2nd last week, thinking they fixed the FSB issue. Alas, it isn't F marked. It will still zero, but it is frustrating nonetheless.

mtscout
07-13-17, 20:36
I clicked on this thread expecting pics.

Now post some pics, DANG IT! :jester:

For a service rifle, 1 to 2 MOA is just fine (I think).

Slater
07-14-17, 10:08
No mag issues.

I purchased a 2nd last week, thinking they fixed the FSB issue. Alas, it isn't F marked. It will still zero, but it is frustrating nonetheless.

I take it that this has been an issue from the beginning for this particular rifle?

Barfly76
07-14-17, 11:29
I take it that this has been an issue from the beginning for this particular rifle?

Yes. They weren't F marked, then they were, and now who knows, maybe a mixture of both. Doesn't affect function, but the military rifles are F marked - most likely to maintain parts commonality with the M4.

mtscout
07-14-17, 11:48
F marked and un marked are slightly different heights.

Mrgunsngear
08-10-17, 20:02
FWIW; they're in stock for $899 shipped at Brownells here (https://goo.gl/hdHWmw) with code M6W. Lowest I've seen them

Pappabear
08-11-17, 18:19
Everyone should have one. We love to test loads for velocity testing out of 20 in AR's.

RONK
08-12-17, 16:22
Good luck with your Colt.I just ordered an FN 15,what made up my mind for me finally was watching Mrgunsngear video about 20" barreled ARs.

Mrgunsngear
08-12-17, 16:28
Good luck with your Colt.I just ordered an FN 15,what made up my mind for me finally was watching Mrgunsngear video about 20" barreled ARs.

They're just such sweet shooters man.

RONK
08-12-17, 17:28
I never thought I'd buy an AR with a 20" barrel.As I said,your great video made it an easy choice.Thanks for your channels by the way.

Mrgunsngear
08-12-17, 21:13
I never thought I'd buy an AR with a 20" barrel.As I said,your great video made it an easy choice.Thanks for your channels by the way.

Thanks for watching

Dionysusigma
08-13-17, 15:14
Link to the vid? I'm having trouble finding it...

wally05
08-14-17, 18:00
I think I got the last one at Brownells using the M6W code (thanks MR GNG!). As soon as I processed my order, I went back and it stated it was unavailable. But I did get a confirmation that it's shipping, so I'm getting some ammo around to shoot it. I love my Colt 6920 for work use, though. I watched some videos online and kept looking at it for like 2 months and I couldn't pass up the deal with the code.

I can definitely tell you that a 20 incher shoots more smoothly than your std carbines. I"m sure you will enjoy it.

Mrgunsngear
08-14-17, 19:43
I think I got the last one at Brownells using the M6W code (thanks MR GNG!). As soon as I processed my order, I went back and it stated it was unavailable. But I did get a confirmation that it's shipping, so I'm getting some ammo around to shoot it. I love my Colt 6920 for work use, though. I watched some videos online and kept looking at it for like 2 months and I couldn't pass up the deal with the code.

I can definitely tell you that a 20 incher shoots more smoothly than your std carbines. I"m sure you will enjoy it.

:moil:

wally05
08-14-17, 19:59
:moil:

Your hard work at finding deals is appreciated by shooters and hated by their spouses. :) My wife knows I'm going to spend the money anyway, so she at least appreciates me doing it when I can find a good deal via your page.

Now I need more ammo... I'm down to 400 rounds of Wolf Gold... that won't be enough for this A4 AND my 6920!