PDA

View Full Version : Smith Wesson 2.0 or CZ P10c

reloader550
07-10-17, 00:21
I can only buy one the Smith & Wesson 2.0($499.00) or the CZ P10c ($449.00) the CZ feels ok in my hands, the Smith feels better but not by much. What gun would you go with and why, I will be using this gun as a CCW and IDPA/USPSA gun. I have been shooting Glocks for years looking for something different.

arcticlightfighter
07-10-17, 01:30
I can only buy one the Smith & Wesson 2.0($499.00) or the CZ P10c ($449.00) the CZ feels ok in my hands, the Smith feels better but not by much. What gun would you go with and why, I will be using this gun as a CCW and IDPA/USPSA gun. I have been shooting Glocks for years looking for something different.

I am in the same boat. I am currently transitioning away from the GEN 4 GLOCK (17 19 and 43) for various reasons.

For me, I have carried the M&P "1.0" in 9mm , .40 and .45. I prefer 9mm. I went back to GLOCK due to the issue with the 9mm accuracy in the early M&P line that has apparently now been corrected in the 1.0 and now the 2.0 line.

I will likely go to the M&P 2.0 (9mm) for various reasons specific to my individual situation.

I am armorer certified on the S&W M&P, although it remains to be seen if they will redo the course for the M&P 2.0's obvious differences. They are clearly very similar.

I am have various holsters for the M&P which should work for the 2.0.

I have actually shot the 2.0 and find the accuracy to be greatly improved.

I have not had a chance to play with the P10-C. Although I suspect it may be a superior handgun, I wouldn't carry at as a "duty weapon" until the afore mentioned aspects were satisfied.

The M&P 2.0 trigger is still not "APEX" DCAEK smooth but it is suitable for duty use and the accuracy is much improved. Smith and Wesson should just purchase APEX as a subsidiary and install their products in all of their M&P line IMHO.

These are the reasons that I will likely end up with the 2.0 over the CZ.

Bodhi
07-10-17, 04:12
I'm kind of in the same boat. Here's my thoughts on the PPQ, P10c, VP9, and M&P 2.0 posted in another thread somewhere else:

After fondling both the ppq and the m&p 2.0 at Cabela's last week, the ppq is better.
Smith and Wesson seems to have rebates a lot more often than Walther. Shitty parts about the Walther is the sights are basically place holders. I guess some of the mags rattle even when loaded.

The m&p trigger is nice, I'd say it's as good as Glock, it would be better than Glock if they got rid of the hinged trigger. The finish is nice the stippling is really nice. The sights are metal. The mags are of good quality and cheaper than the ppq.

I'm still torn between the ppq, vp9, and m&p 2.0. 2.0 prices are at a really low price and it's hard to pass them up.
Vp9 seems to have more aftermarket support than the ppq. I've been reading about guys filing down sights, using Glock front sights, Frankenstein sight situations for the ppq. The m&p has so much aftermarket support, finding sights is easy.
Tough choices. I'm leaning towards vp9 or m&p at this point. Trigger on vp9 is better, but m&p is not bad at all.

In addition to the stuff in that post, I've concluded that the aftermarket support for the PPQ has peaked and I don't see an influx in accessories or sight options in the future. Is this important? If you like the aftermarket sights available - then no. Not really. One thing I do like about the PPQ is that you can change out the sights yourself, even more easily than changing glock sights.

The VP9 has the LE option to ship with night sights. The mags are really expensive but they're off high quality and the magazine reabte makes the price a moot point. I like having at least 5 magazines per platform and the rebate would put me at a total of 7 mags with the LE model. The aftermarket support for the VP9 is there. There are plenty of sight and holster options to choose from. One thing about owning the VP9 is that you're probably going to need to pay someone to change out the sights if you want different ones, and the sights themselves are not cheap. Owning a VP9 is like owning an BMW M2 - you may have the cheapest M model BMW available but the BMW pricing is still there in full effect. I know HK will change sights for you for $50~ with fast turn around if you ship them the sights and the slide.
Where am I at in deciding? I'm probably going to get either a VP9 or P10c if there's a deal going on (yes, I mean other than the VP9 rebate) and I may also pick up an M&P 2.0 because the prices are pretty hard to pass up at the moment with the current rebate.
The magazine prices for the 2.0 are still really fair because the 1.0 mags and sights will work.

The CZ p10c hypetrain has taken off. Standby for mass amounts of aftermarket support (holsters, sights, springs, threaded barrels on down the line...) I will probably wait until people get theirs up to 15-20k rounds before picking one up OR wait until there's a deal.

dwhitehorne
07-10-17, 14:37
I've got both. I've been an M&P fan since they first came out. I've had my CZ about a month and haven't shot the M&P since. The 2.0 is just an update of a well established pistol. The CZ is the new kid. You are going to have to shoot them both. Right now I prefer the CZ trigger and recoil impule over the M&P. I did put an Apex trigger in the M&P because i hate the hinged trigger. The CZ trigger still breaks cleaner. The CZ seems to me like a good carry size with a grip just larger than the G19. The M&P and my VP9 both feel and carry more like full size guns. Probably all in my head. Good luck with your choice. David

Biggy
07-10-17, 17:14
The M&P 9mm series pistols accuracy is you never know what you are going to get. If you got a good one, then good for you.

Tungsten
07-10-17, 17:49
I have both. I like both and wouldn't get rid of either. That said, if I had to buy one I would buy the P10C. If you can, buy both of them either now or eventually.

jstalford
07-10-17, 19:05
Shop around on the mp2.0. You should be able to beat that price buy $40-50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opngrnd
07-10-17, 20:07
After trying M&P9 pistols for a few years there is no way I'll ever go that route again. Its certainly possible to get an accurate one, but I didn't always win that roll of the dice. I eventually went to Glock, and have no desire to waste more money on a company that ignores its customers. I'd be interested in the CZ or H&K.

Talon167
07-10-17, 20:31
Paid $469 for my MP 2.0 5". Really really like it. Had it for about 1.5 months and have 1700 rounds through it. Accurate and runs like a champ. I think it's quite an improvement over the 1.0... mainly the trigger.

Don't have any experience with the CZ P10, however.

opngrnd
07-10-17, 20:41
I probably would of been a happy M&P owner if the fitted barrels had hit the market a few months earlier. But between the two options, you know the CZ WILL have a good trigger and WILL be mechanically accurate. Ultimately, either pistol will be viable, even if aftermarket support is needed.

BrigandTwoFour
07-10-17, 20:46
FWIW, take the question of aftermarket support seriously. Holsters, sights, accessories, etc. are all part of "the system." I have been frustrated on multiple occasions by the lack of support for my two primary pistols (Beretta 92A1 and FNH FNS-9). Both are great pistols in their own right, but finding carry options for them is a pain in the ass.

Dukr
07-10-17, 20:54
S&W has a pretty good giveaway with the purchase of an M&P right now. 2 boxes of ammo, 2 mags, and Caldwell mag charger.

bigrobbierob
07-10-17, 23:59
The Trump Train that is the P10c hasn't gotten as far down the tracks as I would like it to be. Sights, holsters, control parts etc.. But the momentum is gaining with it. It will be a juggernaut soon enough.

The M&P I have loved ergonomically since it came out. It fit me like a pair of fitted Italian driving gloves. My only issue with the gun was the accuracy. They have always held the 8 ring, for me, at 25yd on a B-8 but I demand that all my handguns hold in the black on that same target at that distance. Now with the APEX Barrel it can. The aftermarket support for it is first rate.

With that said either will be a good choice for you. The CZ will just take a little less tweaking out of the box.

Tungsten
07-11-17, 19:59
After trying M&P9 pistols for a few years there is no way I'll ever go that route again. Its certainly possible to get an accurate one, but I didn't always win that roll of the dice. I eventually went to Glock, and have no desire to waste more money on a company that ignores its customers. I'd be interested in the CZ or H&K.

The M2.0 barrel is much improved. I have no problems making 1.5-2.0" groups at 25yds with my M2.0 9mm.

Tungsten
07-11-17, 20:02
I will add that the M&P M2.0 9mm for all of it's worthwhile improvements over the generation 1 M&P 9mm, took a step backwards with the absurdly difficult-to-manipulate slide lock lever for lefties. If you are a southpaw or want a handgun on which the slide lock is *really* ambidextrous and works equally well for right-hand or left-hand manipulation, take this into consideration.

Zirk208
07-11-17, 20:40
I will add that the M&P M2.0 9mm for all of it's worthwhile improvements over the generation 1 M&P 9mm, took a step backwards with the absurdly difficult-to-manipulate slide lock lever for lefties. If you are a southpaw or want a handgun on which the slide lock is *really* ambidextrous and works equally well for right-hand or left-hand manipulation, take this into consideration.

This is truth. I use it to lock back the slide only. For everything else, I pull the slide back and release, or transfer hands to use the left side release.

Evel Baldgui
07-12-17, 13:45
Having owned and sold an M&P 1.0, I would opt for the CZ. Not familiar with 2.0 version, but I would shy away from it.

crossgun
07-15-17, 06:16
DONT shy away from the 2.0! Its worth of a look and for me was the clear winner over the the CZ.

I owned my CZ P10 "C" for a total of 25 rounds before it found its way on down the road. I guess the P10 didnt live up to the hype or wait for me. It was pitched as a G19 sized pistol or a "C" and is not. It is exactly the same size as the 2.0 when laid side by side. Bigger than a G19 and overall only slightly smaller the the G17. The 2.0 pistols hold 17 rounds compared to the same size gun holding 15 in the CZ P10

The new 2.0 is truly improved over the originals. Out of the box accuracy and trigger is MUCH better. In fact I would not hesitate to shoo the pistol in a match as is. I have a few M&Ps with fitted Apex barrels and with the 2.0 dont see the need as of now on the 2.0. Trigger pull and reset totally different than the originals and again workable out of the box even though most all my M&Ps get Apex. The improved grip texture is awesome!

The last two 2.0's I purchase for $399 and can currently find them all day long at $429. Include the current rebate with mags and extras and you have one hell of a value. In most cases, all my M&Ps get Apex and sights which puts me in a pistol for $600 that IMHO is best in class and with the 2.0 is accurate! I have owned the Walther PPQ and HK VP9. I really wanted to love the VP9 but the mag release was the deal breaker for me. The new 2.0 easily hangs with these cool guy pistols.

As mentioned, when you look at the volume of aftermarket sights, holsters, lights, lasers, mag options, fit and feel and current price and promotion I dont think you really have that much to consider.

An M&P 2.0 is a wise choice you would not regret. You can even get it with a thumb safety if you wanted.

Biggy
07-15-17, 10:40
My CZ P-10c will outshoot my new recent production (last 8 months) Gen 4 G19, and it has no brass to my face like my G19 occasionally still does. Th CZ is just a little bit larger and heavier than my G19, but not enough to make a difference * to me*. My G19 is just slightly smaller in the following dimensions : height difference is exactly .300" thousands of an inch ( at the bottom and rear of the grip only). Grip thickness difference is .055" thousands of an inch ( I believe most peoples waistlines or love handles would make more difference in concealability than .055"). Slide thickness difference is .025" thousands of an inch. Length difference is .020" thousands of an inch. Weight difference is 2.35 ounces. It also disassembles just as easily as my G19. More than a few S&W M&P 9MM's pistols at one time had issues with jamming when auto forwarding. I hope *if* they have corrected the issue, they did a better job of fixing it than Glock has with its brass to the face issues. People deserve better than the luck of the draw, and the same goes for its accuracy. My brother bought a M&P 9mm about 8 months ago and its accuracy was all over the place no matter what ammo was used or who was shooting it. Also, its manual thumb safety was virtually useless and not something I would trust, because it required hardly any effort or thumb pressure to move it. YMMV, but IMHO their quality control is still all over the place. Check the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-w2i7OWkyY