PDA

View Full Version : I have a dumb question about my Roland build / RMR

TacticalFun
07-10-17, 12:06
Everyone uses an RM 06 and I like the RM 01. Is there a significant difference that I am missing that I should buy the other one?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Voodoo_Man
07-10-17, 12:28
It'll work fine.

Just make sure you spend the ammo to get your zero correct.

mikem
07-10-17, 17:05
It will work fine unless you are working with a flashlight. The RM06 allows you to adjust the intensity where the RM01 is completely run by the photosensor. The photosensor does a crappy job picking up light projected away from the sight (like a weapon mounted light does). People are going with the RM06 because they can adjust the intensity of the dot to not wash out when the weapon light is active.

The nice part about the RM06 is that if you press both the up and down buttons and hold them briefly it will enter the auto adjust mode like the RM01. If you need to manually adjust you still have the option.

I have a RM06 from 2014 that has been mounted to an M&P 9 for over 14K rounds and about 26 months. I have it turned on for 8-12 hours a day and I am still on the original battery. It is on my work gun and is adjusted to be visible with my X300U turned on against a bare white wall. That is the brightest conditions for wash out and if I put the RM06 in auto mode the dot will wash out every time.

TacticalFun
07-10-17, 17:26
It will work fine unless you are working with a flashlight. The RM06 allows you to adjust the intensity where the RM01 is completely run by the photosensor. The photosensor does a crappy job picking up light projected away from the sight (like a weapon mounted light does). People are going with the RM06 because they can adjust the intensity of the dot to not wash out when the weapon light is active.

The nice part about the RM06 is that if you press both the up and down buttons and hold them briefly it will enter the auto adjust mode like the RM01. If you need to manually adjust you still have the option.

I have a RM06 from 2014 that has been mounted to an M&P 9 for over 14K rounds and about 26 months. I have it turned on for 8-12 hours a day and I am still on the original battery. It is on my work gun and is adjusted to be visible with my X300U turned on against a bare white wall. That is the brightest conditions for wash out and if I put the RM06 in auto mode the dot will wash out every time.That is very good information. Thank you.

MegademiC
07-10-17, 21:27

I have a RM06 from 2014 that has been mounted to an M&P 9 for over 14K rounds and about 26 months. I have it turned on for 8-12 hours a day and I am still on the original battery. It is on my work gun and is adjusted to be visible with my X300U turned on against a bare white wall. That is the brightest conditions for wash out and if I put the RM06 in auto mode the dot will wash out every time.

Out of the 8 settings, which one is still visible in those conditions (where you have it set)?

Defaultmp3
07-10-17, 22:34
Out of the 8 settings, which one is still visible in those conditions (where you have it set)?I leave it at 6/8 typically. 7/8 if I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting outdoors.

TacticalFun
07-11-17, 11:10
I put the 01 on it but will order an 06https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/cb0434d7cd208987686d651391c77366.jpg

MegademiC
07-11-17, 12:45
I leave it at 6/8 typically. 7/8 if I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting outdoors.

How long does the battery last? From playing around with it, 6-7 seems to be the sweet spot (8 seems like a big jump), but haven't seen it at high-noon yet. Trying to determine how often to swap the battery.

Defaultmp3
07-11-17, 13:18
How long does the battery last? From playing around with it, 6-7 seems to be the sweet spot (8 seems like a big jump), but haven't seen it at high-noon yet. Trying to determine how often to swap the battery.I don't really pay attention, but it's probably somewhere around a year.

TacticalFun
07-18-17, 23:38
Instead of starting a new thread i will ask another question here. What is the best glock trigger? I have tried many and many assorted connectors, bagged safeties etc and they all feel like crap. I currently have 3lb striker spring, zev small bagged safety, ultimate fulcrum trigger and ghost 3.5lb connector. It is the best i can get it and i am $$$$ into trigger parts. Any suggestions?

noonesshowmonkey
07-19-17, 01:33
Glock (-) connector, a bit of polish, and a few thousand rounds. I added an extra power trigger spring for a faster and more positive reset.

themonk
07-19-17, 07:12
Instead of starting a new thread i will ask another question here. What is the best glock trigger? I have tried many and many assorted connectors, bagged safeties etc and they all feel like crap. I currently have 3lb striker spring, zev small bagged safety, ultimate fulcrum trigger and ghost 3.5lb connector. It is the best i can get it and i am $$$$ into trigger parts. Any suggestions?

I have tried a bunch and if you are looking for a really good carry / duty trigger, IMO its the ZEV pro fulcrum trigger. Break and reset are great as is the feel of the trigger. Its a flat faced trigger that has a matte texture to it. The trigger is a little wider so you get good purchase on it and the safety sits flush when actuated. When I first dropped it in I liked it but now after a new thousand rounds I love it.

nightchief
07-19-17, 08:19
I have a Pyramid trigger in a G17. It has a great feel to it. The Glock firing action doesn't really bother me, but the Glock trigger shoe I can't stand. After a 100ish rounds, the trigger safety is flat out irritating. My criteria when getting a different trigger was this issue, and I tried out the Pyramid. The shorter pre and post travel are nice bonuses. I also tried the lighter striker spring, but had occasional failures to fire, so I went back to OEM striker spring. No issues with it now.
NC

ggammell
07-19-17, 09:09
I went with the Overwatch Precision DAT and a factory -'connector which are both NP3 coated from Overwatch. I also added the Wolff Extrampower trigger spring. It's at 4 lbs flat. I'm very pleased.

Wake27
07-19-17, 10:12
I have an Overwatch Precision trigger and connector paired with an Apex safety plunger. It's definitely an upgrade over stock but break isn't nearly as crisp as I'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk