PDA

View Full Version : Who makes Remington AR barrels?...took a second look.

kong
10-02-08, 21:25
I know the rifle is a re-badged Bushmaster. Is it a Bushie barrel? The reason that I ask, is that Iwas in a local shop and they had a couple of them. One is the rifle length gas system w/ a 22" barrel. The other was a 18" barrel with a MID-Length gas system. I was un-aware that Bushmaster made a mid-length.

I have to say it was handy little rifle.

Thanks

scottryan
10-03-08, 09:33
Their gas blocks/cut down FSB are held on with dinky set screws.

This was not very impressive when I saw it for the first time.

Robb Jensen
10-03-08, 13:43
I know the rifle is a re-badged Bushmaster. Is it a Bushie barrel? The reason that I ask, is that Iwas in a local shop and they had a couple of them. One is the rifle length gas system w/ a 22" barrel. The other was a 18" barrel with a MID-Length gas system. I was un-aware that Bushmaster made a mid-length.

Thanks

Actually Remington is a re-badged DPMS. We have one on the wall here at the shop. It's 5 round mag base even has 'DPMS' on it. Ours has a picatinny base set screwed gas block.

Bushmaster no longer makes a .308 and when they did it was similar to the new RRA .308

kong
10-03-08, 16:27
Actually Remington is a re-badged DPMS. We have one on the wall here at the shop. It's 5 round mag base even has 'DPMS' on it. Ours has a picatinny base set screwed gas block.

Bushmaster no longer makes a .308 and when they did it was similar to the new RRA .308

Sorry,

I should have been more clear. This is a .223/5.56 rifle.

The gas block is a shaved fsb and is pinned.

ST911
10-03-08, 17:28

The blending of brands as a result of the Cerebrus acquisitions is surely going to be interesting.

The first Remingtons were distinctly Bushmasters, and Remington folks confirmed that. A couple were almost quick to point out that they were Bushmasters, "and not others."

I had wondered what models would show DPMS origin, and when.

What configuration (p/n?) is on the wall?

kong
10-04-08, 06:20
The blending of brands as a result of the Cerebrus acquisitions is surely going to be interesting.

The first Remingtons were distinctly Bushmasters, and Remington folks confirmed that. A couple were almost quick to point out that they were Bushmasters, "and not others."

I had wondered what models would show DPMS origin, and when.

What configuration (p/n?) is on the wall?

I'll try to get by the shop and see.

C4IGrant
10-04-08, 12:35

Thanks

Are you aware that BM doesn't even make BM barrels???

C4

KyAKGuy
10-04-08, 14:48
Cross-posted here too....
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=397742

RB1968
10-04-08, 15:03
I read where Magpul has licened Bushmaster to do the metal machining work on their Masada rifle and Magpul will provide the plastic moldings.

kong
10-04-08, 15:15
Are you aware that BM doesn't even make BM barrels???

C4

Grant,

No I was not aware of that. Thank you. Do you think it is a Wilson?

I have spent most of my time on this sight reading and not posting...staying in my lane:). My AR's are either Colt,LMT or USGI(complete upper). I hesitate to go out side of these but the 18" barrel w/ midlength gas intrigues me.

kong
10-06-08, 13:42
Their gas blocks/cut down FSB are held on with dinky set screws.

This was not very impressive when I saw it for the first time.

I stand corrected, they are held on by set screws from the bottom.

An other interesting thing I found was the bolt carrier. The sides of the carrier were cut flat and the carrier looked like it was gunkoted.