PDA

View Full Version : Identify Glock Sight Combo - unicorn sights

BigTex2000
07-12-17, 10:30
I have been dreaming of these sights for a while now and just saw that Vickers selected them for his new exclusive glock. I actually want the other version of the rear sight with tritium to run a daylight front only and nightime crazy 8 configuration, and assume that two rears have the same dimensions.

This would yield a trijicon HD like, yet slimmer front sight, with a rear serrated, u-notch, tritium no-outline. My ideal setup I have been waiting for.

http://lipseysguns.com/lipseys-teams-up-with-vickers-tactical-for-the-trifecta-of-exclusive-glocks/

Can anyone identify the exact front sights to go with the wilson vickers back?

militarymoron
07-12-17, 10:43
It says " green/yellow tritium Ameriglo Pro I-DOT" in the article. Were you referring to something else?

bigrobbierob
07-12-17, 11:54
I'm think home's here is looking to the Height/Width of the particular front sight.

Just figure out how wide you want your rear notch to be on the Wilson/Vickers Rear then figure out Wilson suggest for front sight height. Then take that info to Ameriglo and find the sight that will work for the rear with the appropriate height. And also how thin you want the front to be. Done and done.

BigTex2000
07-12-17, 12:25
Just looking to recreate this exact setup with same dimensions. I'm looking for the specifics. The Wilson only comes in one dimension so I am looking for the specific front sight that's works with it on a g19.

tonyxcom
07-12-17, 15:32
Well, Vickers specs a .245 tall front sight for the small frame Glocks with their rear sight.

Ameriglo sells a .220 and .240 of their Pro IDot front sights, so I would go with the .240 obviously.
https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-pro-glo-tritium-fronts

0uTkAsT
07-13-17, 17:39
I'm new here so it might be worth mentioning that I have no relation to Vickers, Ameriglo or Wilson, but I can help you guys after having a few conversations with both Wilson Combat and Ameriglo when I was researching this for myself.

Apparently the front sight in question was specifically made for the tan Vicker's RTF2 Glock, and is not commercially available. It is .220" high and .125" wide and was done in a limited run in conjunction with Wilson to work with the standard Vicker's U-notch rear sight on a G19's sight radius. The other Ameriglo front sights currently available on the website are approximately .025" too tall and .015" too wide to work on a G19 or other pistol with G19 sight radius in conjunction with the Vicker's Battlesight, which was primarily intended to be used on a G17 sight radius with Wilson's front sights (hence the dimensions listed on Wilson's site). Ameriglo tweaked the dimensions specifically for the Vicker's G19.

I won't post the guy's name here, but you can contact Ameriglo directly and the National Sales Manager will sell you a properly sized front sight post with the green paint for $60 plus $10 shipping, you just have to reference the Vicker's RTF2 so he knows exactly what you're talking about. Personally, I ended up installing the off-the-shelf Ameriglo UC sights and I like them just fine. The front post is the standard thickness so it's a little on the fat side, but so am I, so we get along just fine. ;) I paid less for the full set of UC sights than Ameriglo wanted for the special front sight post alone, so that made the decision easy for me. I still have a blacked-out U-notch rear and the same high-vis green front with a tritium insert, so I couldn't see spending double trying to replicate the Vickers setup. YMMV.

BigTex2000
07-13-17, 17:47
Awesome, thanks!

0uTkAsT
07-13-17, 17:51
Awesome, thanks!
Happy to be making myself useful from Day 1. :)

You can message me if you want the Ameriglo guy's contact info. I didn't want to post it publicly but I don't think he'd mind if I was sending a little business his way.