PDA

View Full Version : Hk p30sk, did they flop? Are they decent?

SquarePizza
07-12-17, 13:08
I held one about a year back and have always wanted to snag one in DA/SA to put in the carry rotation (I actually need a black carry gun anyways). This is not going to be my primary gun, just another toy that occasionally sees use.

All of my searching turns up a lot of reviews or threads started around their release date, but then they just seemed to fizzle out. Why is that, were they just overshadowed by the other HK subsompacts? Or was there issues with the guns?

Defaultmp3
07-12-17, 14:41
Not many people are all that interested in a subcompact DA/SA these days. Those that were, likely already had a P2000SK. I'm not aware of any issues with the P30SK, just its intrinsic unattractiveness given its feature set.

redsnake
07-12-17, 16:17
I have a P30SK LEM and it's one of my 2 primary CCW pistols. I love it and it's been a great and reliable pistol!! Very accurate and w/the added pinky extension (+1) I can carry 12 rounds and it suits me quite well. I don't think you'll be dissapointed in it if you want one.

Edited to add that I have added 10-8 U-Notch rear and Tritium front sights to my P30SK. :)

skipper49
07-12-17, 22:19
I just bought 2 P30's and 2 P30SK's. One SK is DA/SA and the other is the V1, light LEM.
These are great, high quality carry nines, and my biggest problem is trying to decide which trigger system I like best.
Skip

07-12-17, 22:24
Nothing wrong with the P30SK, it's just way off trend. Everyone's moving to striker fired and DA/SA is very out of fashion, and all the momentum in subcompacts is behind single stacks right now. If you like it, nothing wrong with it.

Mr_Happy1
07-12-17, 23:04
I have a P30sk V3, DA/SA. I bought it when they first came out. I have over 1,000 rounds though it. I am somewhat different, as I prefer DA/SA to striker fired. I took a defensive handgun class in October. I fired 400 rounds in one day with that gun, almost none of the rounds were fired as you would normally stand and fire on a flat range. It had no problems. To include shooting from the ground, around barricades, single handed, off-hand, with light, ect. I love the gun, it was sharing carry time with my Rami BD, that was purchased with a Pro-Package from Cajun Gunworks. When that gun went down, due to a broken trigger pin, I went back to carrying the P30sk full-time, until my Rami came back. Shortly after my Rami came back, the VP9sk came out, and I jumped on it. Not so much because I was unhappy with my P30sk, but because I am an unapologetic HK whore! The P30sk is shorter than the VP9sk, if that matters to you. I like the pistol and I would recommend it. I agree with the previous posters, the lack of posts about it is more about a lack of interest due to it being DA/SA than there being anything wrong with it.

edited to add:
The only thing I have done to the pistol was to add Heinie sights (they are my favorite).

9mm_shooter
07-13-17, 07:34
P30 SK is my primary CCW during summer. Heavier trigger is comforting given how I usually carry it - which is in a AIWB G-code. I have made no aftermarket changes to sights, and prefer the pinky-less mags for it. Backup mag is a full size P30 with a sleeve adapter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ffhounddog
07-13-17, 07:57
I had two P2000sk's v2 when they came out then I traded one and I just converted to all P2000v3. I plan on selling my Beretta Vertec for a P30sk v3 when I get back to the states.

If it was not for this deployment I would have had a P30sk by now but instead bought ammo and armor....and a Beretta ARX-100 because it was different.

ffhounddog
07-13-17, 07:57
Delete pelase posted twice

m4brian
07-13-17, 11:36
They also seem very versatile with different mag configurations.

WickedWillis
07-13-17, 14:26
THe only negative thing I have with the P30SK is the fact that they waited so long to release it, including until after the VP9 was released. HK seems to be moving products along much more quickly the last few years though. I plan on buying the SK to compliment my P30L when funds allow in the near future. I

scooter22
07-13-17, 14:44
I am a fan of neither DA/SA, nor the LEM triggers. Ergos are good though.

Pappabear
07-16-17, 20:08
I own one and it defies all odds. You can't get your pinky on the grip yet it feels great. I bought the LEM light and I love the gun. It shoots great and is a great gun. It's all good.

I bought a comp tac holster, which I'm a fan for CCW holsters.

PB