PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 Sights

CPM
07-13-17, 22:38
I am not new to IDPA or USPSA, but I sold my last 34 in 2010 and just bought another one. I called Dawson Precision to see if they hadthe sights I bought back then on file(Fixed black rear, FO front), but they did not. I chose to opt for an adjustable rear and the FO front(Glock Set). The front is .300 tall. I installed them and took them to the range today only to find that they are impacting 2 inches high at 10 yards, with the rear sight bottomed out. This was with both 115gr and 124gr factory ammunition. Both sights are ridiculously tall, to the point you're modifying your grip to align them.

Now I know DP has the perfect impact guarantee, but their bedside manner is terrible(I had them tell me that the rear sight I bought for my 1911 that didn't fit had been "re-blued" before I returned it to them to cover up my gunsmiths modifications) and I'm tired of dealing with them. The fixed set I had back in the day was perfect regardless of the ammo I was shooting. Today on the phone it was, "Well, it could be the shooter, the ammunition, sometimes Glock has variances in the models they produce. I need an exact measurement and the distance you are shooting at to calculate the front sight height." While that's true, it's a PITA. I'd already left the range, and I'm shooting arguably the most popular competitive pistol on the market, with the most popular competition sights on the market. On top of that, I bought the adjustable rear specifically to avoid having them tell me that it might be my fault and I should bench the gun.

All of that being said, what do you all run on your 34's? I prefer a POA/POI, with maybe a hair of a hold under, but no "lollipop" sight picture.

L-2
07-14-17, 01:22
On my G34gen3 I'm using a Kensight adjustable rear with an Ameriglo .385" front.

https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-standard-steel-fronts

Kensight also has a .350" front if you can go with a shorter front sight.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3193694214/kensight-front-sight-glock-all-models-steel-black-serrated-blade

You can also try Ameriglo's sight calculator on its website:
https://ameriglo.com/pages/sight-calculator

ST911
07-14-17, 08:30
All of that being said, what do you all run on your 34's? I prefer a POA/POI, with maybe a hair of a hold under, but no "lollipop" sight picture.

Ameriglo I-Dot Pro on mine.

PaLEOjd
07-14-17, 18:44
I've been running the DP sights on my G34 for quite a while with no issues.
POA = POI for me running the front .205 fiber optic with the fixed .225 rear with a .155 notch. No issues and it's spot on.

07-14-17, 23:15
10-8 .140" rear with a .125"x.250" tall front.

CPM
07-15-17, 09:19
I've been running the DP sights on my G34 for quite a while with no issues.
POA = POI for me running the front .205 fiber optic with the fixed .225 rear with a .155 notch. No issues and it's spot on.

Thanks man, at what distance are you getting that result? What about at 25 yards?

JasonB1
07-15-17, 09:31
You didn't mention it, so I will ask, where was it hitting with the factory sights?

Dionysusigma
07-15-17, 09:52
Anyone have any experience with LPA sights (http://www.lpasights.com/en) on a G34? I've dug around, and information and reviews are practically non-existent.

NongShim
07-15-17, 10:33
I like the .285 height x .110 width FO with DP Adj on glocks.

MStarmer
07-15-17, 11:29
I have the dawson adjustables on my new OD Gen 4 34. With the rear sight bottomed out it was still about 3 inches high with my 124gr load. They sent me a free replacement front that was .345 tall and it dialed right in. I've dealt with Dawson for years and never have had an issue with their customer service at all. It seems I collect sights as a hobby and rarely have a set of fixed that is perfect out of the box. Especially with 9mm, too many bullet weights and speed to always be dead on, especially with everyone's vision.

CPM
07-15-17, 12:07
I have the dawson adjustables on my new OD Gen 4 34. With the rear sight bottomed out it was still about 3 inches high with my 124gr load. They sent me a free replacement front that was .345 tall and it dialed right in. I've dealt with Dawson for years and never have had an issue with their customer service at all. It seems I collect sights as a hobby and rarely have a set of fixed that is perfect out of the box. Especially with 9mm, too many bullet weights and speed to always be dead on, especially with everyone's vision.

Do you have any adjustment left, or is it still bottomed out?

MStarmer
07-15-17, 15:06
I've only had it to the range once since I installed the new front and was limited on time so I got it into the center roughly and called it a day. The math said I needed a .330 roughly tall to zero so I in theory should have a some movement both ways, he didn't want to zero it with the rear bottomed out so we went up .015(ish). Normally I'd post a pic but stupid photobucket... He did say they are considering changing the set to include a slightly taller front as the G34's seem to consistently shoot high with that set. One of the reasons I buy Dawson is because of that perfect impact guarantee, I routinely need a slightly taller front sight for some reason.

I922sParkCir
07-15-17, 20:59
Running the Warren Tactical Dave Sevigny sights. My 4th Gen 34 with the dot connector happens to be the gun I’m the most accurate with, and I really think much of that has to do with those sights.

dieselvrr
07-19-17, 17:30
Have you looked into the Ameriglo Defoors?